LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-10, 09:42 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jdbinspire
BC Racing Coilovers... Front is close to half way down Rear is probably 4 to 5 turns past half way... sitting on 19in Rims... I have no complaints on the ride... To me its, very smooth and comfortable...

what size tires and rims please. i am about to replace air (UL) with either bc or jic and am on 19x10 275x30x19 rear but have some new 245x35x19 tires i can put on the rears if my rubbing is bad just wondering what size you had so i can see how low mines would look if i went with those bc's. thanks, and lookin very nice i might add.
Old 04-06-10, 11:22 AM
PRSUIT460
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by teamplayer
I really like these wheels, what are the specs?
Old 04-06-10, 01:08 PM
teamplayer
Lead Lap

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry. I forgot the specs. I sold these wheels about a year ago to a friend. It's Work T1S. It's 20's but not sure if its 9 or 9.5 front and 10 or 10.5 rear. The tire sizes were 225/30-20 front and 235/30-20 rear. Not sure on the offset. The drop is on Tein CS cranked all the way down.
Old 04-06-10, 02:55 PM
minnyminh
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by WhtLS430
Looks good! Where about in Texas are you from?
Me and Tdv is from Dallas. There is more LS's on here that are from Dallas.
Old 01-15-13, 03:01 PM
SikHerLife
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BC Racing Coilovers... Front is close to half way down Rear is probably 4 to 5 turns past half way... sitting on 19in Rims... I have no complaints on the ride... To me its, very smooth and comfortable...

My straight up Inspiration for my LS
Old 01-18-13, 12:27 PM
CircuitMS
Lexus Fanatic

The BC coilovers are a great choice for the money.

We are on of their largest U.s. dealers, so if any if you are interested in a kit we would be glad to help, just shoot us PM
Old 01-28-13, 04:08 PM
sennett0r
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From a ride quality / comfort standpoint, would the BC's be better or at least on par with the Tein CS?

I'm not looking to slam my car and from the pictures it looks like the Tein CS at their lowest setting is more than enough for me personally.
Old 01-29-13, 05:57 AM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

you answered your own question, buy the CS
Old 01-29-13, 08:43 AM
1CleanSC
Driver

Yeah jdbinspire,

I own a 1998 SC300 and have been told from countless sources that I should invest in BC's if I want coilovers. Would you say that the ride is comfortable, while at the same time stiff and causes a BIG reduction in body roll?
Old 01-29-13, 09:10 AM
sennett0r
Driver

Are there any negatives or disadvantages to running a coilover at its lowest setting?

If say for example, the BCs turn out to provide a comfortable enough ride for me, would it be better to go with them since they would be set half way vs the Teins being set to their lowest setting?
Old 01-29-13, 09:28 AM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

tein will be more comfortable period they have softer spring rates.
1cleansc.....you cannot compare how the ls rides compared to SC even on the same coilovers both cars will ride very differently. The sc will always be more stiff. Comfortable ride to me might not be comfortable ride to you, if you want to go lower and be comfortable go with CS, if you want to slam your car go with BC. You have to remember one thing theres a fine line between being able to ride low and comfortable. Most of the time if youre slammed you dont want too much suspension travel as you upper front ball joint will hit the body and your car will buttom out and you will be hitting stuff. The very low car more often run stiffer spring rates so there is not as much suspension travel which will equal to much stiffer ride.
Old 01-29-13, 10:09 AM
1CleanSC
Driver

Originally Posted by MDSC
tein will be more comfortable period they have softer spring rates.
1cleansc.....you cannot compare how the ls rides compared to SC even on the same coilovers both cars will ride very differently. The sc will always be more stiff. Comfortable ride to me might not be comfortable ride to you, if you want to go lower and be comfortable go with CS, if you want to slam your car go with BC. You have to remember one thing theres a fine line between being able to ride low and comfortable. Most of the time if youre slammed you dont want too much suspension travel as you upper front ball joint will hit the body and your car will buttom out and you will be hitting stuff. The very low car more often run stiffer spring rates so there is not as much suspension travel which will equal to much stiffer ride.
@MDSC Thanks man! Appreciate it!
Old 01-29-13, 11:46 AM
CircuitMS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by sennett0r
From a ride quality / comfort standpoint, would the BC's be better or at least on par with the Tein CS?

I'm not looking to slam my car and from the pictures it looks like the Tein CS at their lowest setting is more than enough for me personally.
The CS run really soft IMO. I think if you want a really comfortable and well performing kit the BC Racing coilovers with the Swift springs are the way to go for the money.

Originally Posted by sennett0r
Are there any negatives or disadvantages to running a coilover at its lowest setting?

If say for example, the BCs turn out to provide a comfortable enough ride for me, would it be better to go with them since they would be set half way vs the Teins being set to their lowest setting?
It really depends on the coilover design, the BC's would be fine at the lowest drop.

the Tein CS are a bit different and drop the car via the spring perch, so I would not go too low on those.
Old 01-29-13, 01:06 PM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CircuitMS
The CS run really soft IMO. I think if you want a really comfortable and well performing kit the BC Racing coilovers with the Swift springs are the way to go for the money.

It really depends on the coilover design, the BC's would be fine at the lowest drop.

the Tein CS are a bit different and drop the car via the spring perch, so I would not go too low on those.
exactly "IMO" , i find that theres about 50/50 split in the 430 forums as to what people want their car to ride and look like. There's alot of people that run the CS on their cars because it rides very close to stock but lowers the car more then a set of springs. The 430 is no gs or sc or is its a very smooth riding car and alot of people arent willing to sacrifice the ride quality.
I have a GS that had a set of used CS VER1 and they rode like stock and lowered the car about 2.5" cranked all the way down. They were cranked all the way down by the previous owner, then by me and now by one of my friends with no problems what so ever for at least 40k miles. No leaks, no noise and compression and rebound still very good. I understand that youre trying to push BC product, and its a great product. I also think its not for everyone but fits most everyones needs very well.
Old 01-31-13, 01:21 AM
Dranom
Lead Lap

Just get some Bc

Quick Reply: Coilovers