LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

blinking navi locator

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-10, 08:09 PM
V8_Fan
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by LS430inDE.
I see where you're going with that. Similar to, how aftermarket gps systems, have the ability to choose a racecar, an arrow, a smileyface, a horse, a truck, etc, as the car's location/icon?

I am 99% sure the 04-06's don't have that option. I would guess the older versions wouldn't either?
Blinking is neither an option on my 03 LX (gen-3 nav) nor 05 LS (gen-4 nav). In general, the nav ECUs are interchangeable between models if its the same gen nav. The antenna on the roof is for the phone or something. Antenna for the nav is in the dash. I have never seen any lexus nav vehicle cursor blink. I've driven everything from 03-09.

Last edited by V8_Fan; 04-08-10 at 08:12 PM.
Old 04-08-10, 10:13 PM
ViPCeo
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think the blinking locator is NORMAL, i have an 02 ls430 UL and its been doing that since i got the car, my boy have a 05 gs300 and his does the same thing, also my other boy with a 01 ls430 UL does the same so im convince its normal.....
Old 07-01-13, 10:38 AM
ddmavis
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LSUltraLux
I really don't think it's supposed to blink, but I've never seen my locator icon go gray either. I have a GPS icon that just disappears when I don't have a signal, and it's not blue. It's red, and blinking. Oh, this sucks. Only with my luck can I have a problem that none of the LS owners across the country can't resolve, or explain. I really appreciate all of you guys' help!
I am new to forum and was intrigued by this thread as I have a GPS Lock problem and haven't found a thread with my exact symptoms. Got my 2001 LS430 from dealer as the new second owner in 2005. Icon has always blinked and I believe that is normal. (GPS lock signal is under compass symbol). I am having GPS lock problem and can drive for an entire day in the Oklahoma City metro area and never get a lock. Then other days (cloudy/sunny does not matter) I get it fairly good. I have been in other parts of the country and same intermittent functionality. Problem has slowly gotten worse over the years and GPS lock is more missing than present. Dealer offered new antenna ($13K) as first attempt and then Navigation unit in trunk ($5K) as second option; I took my option and relied on my smart phone. Unpluged antenna from Nav Unit in trunk several times, no help. Verified antenna location is the "button" in center of dash between defroster openings. Covered with foil and would lose lock, plus dealer said that is where it was - hence the $1300 fee to remove dash to replace. Does anyone know of a test GPS antenna that could be plugged into Nav Unit to verify problem?