LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Lexus Platinum Extended Warranty--question

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-10, 01:21 PM
beneteau
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lexus Platinum Extended Warranty--question

Wife's LS has the Platinum Extended Warranty and I'm not aware what all is covered. I searched Google for coverage; but, found nothing. Anyhow, the front passenger door lock will not lock or unlock using the power door lock
buttons or by using the Smart key. You can see the lock **** move slightly when the power button(s) is pushed and you can lock/unlock it manually. I wondered if these door lock parts/labor is covered in the Platinum warranty----anyone know?
Old 04-04-10, 01:32 PM
wanderer99
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your coverage should be documented in your warranty booklet, but generally Platinum covers everything on the car except wear and tear items (brakes, tires) and interior trim items like the leather, dashpad, carpet, etc. Nav, speakers, power motors, seat heaters, mirrors, locks, etc, are all covered.

Just call your dealer and tell them the problem as well as the details of your extended coverage. Your warranty extension date will show up on their computers anyway from your VIN number if it's a Lexus warranty.
Old 04-04-10, 02:43 PM
drpatel77
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ..

let us know what they... b/c my spare smart key also seems to be problematic functioning.... but at least the main key is good...
Old 04-04-10, 08:17 PM
kg19989
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like wanderer said... pretty much everything is covered except wear and tear which would also include door trim rattles or dash rattles. I actually had a rattle in my passenger door on my ES that the dealer DID cover. They found that it was a broken clip.
The smart keys should definitely be covered.
Old 04-04-10, 08:25 PM
V8_Fan
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by wanderer99
Your coverage should be documented in your warranty booklet, but generally Platinum covers everything on the car except wear and tear items (brakes, tires) and interior trim items like the leather, dashpad, carpet, etc. Nav, speakers, power motors, seat heaters, mirrors, locks, etc, are all covered.

Just call your dealer and tell them the problem as well as the details of your extended coverage. Your warranty extension date will show up on their computers anyway from your VIN number if it's a Lexus warranty.
I think it should be covered. Besides interior trim pieces, exterior trim pieces, tail light and 3rd brake light lenses (considered "trim") are NOT covered...I had to shell out $300 for a new 3rd brake light for my LX since the lens cracked, which is still under the extended platinum warranty. Also, exterior mouldings are not covered, nor are glass or any piece of plastic or trim only sold with the glass. On my LX, the rear quarter windows have a leading piece of plastic trim that cracked (common problem). It is only sold with the quarter window. Dealer said it wasn't covered, wanted $900 to replace the window! Another is those plastic trim pieces on the bottom of the front side windows. They have been known to break. The piece can't cost more than $10, but dealer will only replace the entire window!
Old 04-05-10, 12:18 PM
jayclapp
Lexus Champion

Received 106 Likes on 85 Posts

Attached is a copy of my Platinum Plan obtained from the Lexus site.

Note that it specifically includes, "Ignition Switch Lock Cylinder and Key Set".
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Lexus Platinum Warranty.pdf (240.1 KB, 881 views)