LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

When it Rain it Pours

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-10, 09:22 PM
teamplayer
Lead Lap

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Damn man. Sorry to hear about the accident. Main thing is you're okay. Hope no one else got hurt.

What was the guys reason for barreling down like that?
Old 04-06-10, 09:45 PM
SteveM
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When you're sorting out the insurance situation just remember that the same thing happened to someone else somewhere today and they didn't walk away from it. Good thing you're ok! I had just commented on another thread how I liked your LS. Sorry to see this happen. I'm sure the replacement will be even better soon enough.
Old 04-06-10, 09:58 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

im sorry to hear and see all that happened. but the main thing is you're safe. the damages can be repaired, but it looks like it'll be in the shop for awhile. that saturn got smashed big time. the uhaul had to be going pretty fast for it to essentially cause a 5 car pile up. ouch!
Old 04-06-10, 10:04 PM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Good to see another survivor in the LS. These cars take hits extremely well. Could have been much worse too.
Old 04-06-10, 10:11 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

damn Tee, that looks bad...looks to be totaled due to the rear qtr panel being buckled.
Old 04-07-10, 12:27 AM
diplomacyk
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad that your fine

your babe ls430 have given you a gr8 time and its time for her to go for good

Bless
Old 04-07-10, 12:41 AM
wildace
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

big time total loss. sorry for your loss man car looked great. its always sad to see threads like these
Old 04-07-10, 12:44 AM
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!

Received 112 Likes on 52 Posts

tee im so sorry to see this, esp. from you! i hope they can fix her up!
Old 04-07-10, 12:46 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

ouch, sorry to hear.. as long as everyone was ok..
Old 04-07-10, 04:43 AM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Looking at the pictures more, I think the car is definitely a totalled vehicled. That DVD NAV is done, the flooring in trunk is done, the rear quarters are done, lights, pumpers, I'm doing a rough add up and it's already in excess of about $12K just for visible damage, who knows if the frame is bent or not.

Hope the ins. doesn't try to rough you up and pays out good money for your car. Now you'll have to decide to get another 430, or move to a 460.
Old 04-07-10, 05:01 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ ^ ^ just like alexus said, looks like now you have to make the decision of going to a 460 or getting another 430. i don't believe they will be fixing that car. glad everyone was alright.

start planning your next build tee
Old 04-07-10, 10:22 AM
Vpanin
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Daaaym Tee!!! Its sickening to see an LS like that, specially yours. Makes me feel safer inside my car knowing it was tested like this though. Looks like its totaled to me.....if you get another car just make sure its a LEX..........dont jump teams on us...lol
Old 04-07-10, 10:40 AM
Jabberwock

Received 205 Likes on 168 Posts

Just in case they don't total your car be sure to demand a "diminished value" settlement on the car. What hat means is that even if the fix the car perfect as it was you will take a hit on the car permanently being worth less money because it was in a major accident. Diminished value on it might be $2k or more and you have a right to seek damages and settle for it and it is over and above what it takes to do a full repair. This is something the insurance company will not volunteer to provide, instead they hope the consumer is not smart enough to demand it.
Old 04-07-10, 11:10 AM
usermel
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My mom had a somewhat similar accident when she was rear ended. Not a chain reaction accident but, someone not paying attention. I can't tell you how many times Ive almost been rear ended myself. I avoided these types of accidents in the past. Once I saw one coming in my rearview mirror and moved to the side and avoided it.

There needs to be tougher laws on people who cause these accidents because there 99% of the time careless driving. There is a difference between an accident(spilling milk,forget to close your fridge door/forget to lock your home door) and carelessness. Most accidents in cars involve lack of FOCUS and not paying attention. I caused my own rear end accident myself by looking at the wrong green light in a turn lane(left turn) when I was going straight. I pushed on the gas and was only going 10mph when I rear ended a young lady.

100% not paying attention and lack of FOCUS. Since then I decided I would ALWAYS be FOCUSED because next time may cause someone else there LIFE and thats not excusable!

If more penaltys are made people may be more careful. That Uhaul could have destroyed many lives and not just a few cars. Time will be lost by those whose cars were damaged and after while folks will get there cars back. MY point accidents cant be avoided but, carelessness can. I wish I had more focus when I rear ended that young lady. She could have been hurt badly if a car had came on that busy road. That was my wake up call. GLAD YOUR SAFE TEE!!! L.G.N.M

Last edited by usermel; 04-07-10 at 11:14 AM.
Old 04-07-10, 12:06 PM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Thx everyone for the well wishes and the great advice, I will def look into the diminished value" info. Far as why the guy in the U-Haul did not stop, he was merging into the next lane coming off the ramp (fast) when another car cut him off which forced him back into our lane and it was too late to hit the brakes. I just talked with the guy in the Saturn, that is how I know the reason for him not stopping. He is sore today, his ribs feel like they took a 90 mph baseball and he has a bruised knuckle. We all feel very blessed to walk away from this accident b/c we all know it could have been worse!

BTW: I will not be leaving you guys or Lexus so whatever the outcome, I will still be here as always. Depends on what SF will do, I will be leaning on you guys to help me find another LS430. The LS430 forum family is top notch group of guys, that are very helpful and make it a pleasure to belong too.....again thx guys!

Quick Reply: When it Rain it Pours