LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

I'm back in the game with a new LS!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-10, 06:57 AM
danxp
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what is the price range for these rides now? my guess is high 30s-high 40s+? how many miles and how much for your ride (if you don't mind)...

btw, sweeeeet... i'm looking to pick one up in about 2 yrs time (hopefully)
Old 04-26-10, 09:18 AM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 17k

Originally Posted by danxp
what is the price range for these rides now? my guess is high 30s-high 40s+? how many miles and how much for your ride (if you don't mind)...

btw, sweeeeet... i'm looking to pick one up in about 2 yrs time (hopefully)
The white one I talked about earlier was like 17K miles, 2008 "L" with some additions like headrest monitors. It was whatever the current "ultra" trim is called now, with air suspension, rear cold box, etc. $68K. but supposedly originally $100K+.

I'm guessing a low mile 460 is going to run you around $40K, probably not high $30K unless mileage in excess of 50K, but hey, not like I've been shopping, still love my 430.
Old 04-26-10, 10:11 AM
caddyowner
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

When I was shopping for my car in the winter, there was an 07 LS460 with about 40K miles at a local Chevy dealer listed for $37K - but it had two accident records in CarFax.
Old 04-26-10, 11:27 AM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

congrats on the replacement, very nice indeed.

I think many here will be upgrading to the 460 at some point or another, a true successor for the 430 indeed.
Old 04-26-10, 01:15 PM
SKIIP
Driver

Default Tint

Originally Posted by Tee
More shots, she is stock now but I do have plans b/c the stock 18' are killing me, first mod will be tint.
Tee,

Congrats again dude....

On the tint.....go ceramic and let Brian @ Suntinting do it! Call me for the info if need be.

Old 04-26-10, 06:30 PM
ghenley
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tee
Well to be honest the color combos and price was not looking for, however I bought my last LS from Hennessey Lexus (ATL). Service and sales experience was .
I was just wondering as I've had mixed experience in ATL.

Greg
Old 04-26-10, 07:18 PM
wildace
Pole Position

congrats. ride looks real good. hows the ride? does it have air sus?
Old 04-26-10, 08:06 PM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Dirtyd210
That car is Lookin good..... any new things u notice on this one thats makes it way different than the LS430...?
Originally Posted by usermel
I am curious about the above question for sure! What is different not in looks but, in features and drive performance and cabin feel as well as seats and interior space. Also, the LS430 feels big when you drive it and when I first got it, took a while to get used to the car size(S-Class took a while to get used to as well)!

Are there things you miss about the LS430 and what is there and Im sure there is plenty, things the new LS460 has you are digging right now buddy!!! I figure it will take a while to get used to the new ride buddy as you get used to it, let us know when time permits!! L.G.N.M
So far I have notice

-Power! The 460 pwr is instant and is intoxicating, def causes a side effect of heavy foot itis.

-The growl of the V8 with a low rumble from the exhaust when standing behind the car. 460 is quiet until you squeeze on the gas, she comes alive with a roar!

-Nav screen is bigger, has higer rez and the Gen 5 system is a lot more user friendly but the voice commands are the same, Nav chic steal can't understand the kings english athough she speaks it very well.

-Like the AUX port for the iPhone/iPod

-The 430 felt like a heavy car but the 460 really feels big with a lower center of gravity you can feel. Body roll is a lot better but no Euro sled type of handling, however gives you less float with more feel of the road.

-Love the park HOLD button feature that allows you to take your foot off the brake when at a light, then release after pressing the gas pedal.

-I miss my 430 seats b/c the leather was softer and less firm but not as hard as BMW's leather. It will take some getting use too.

-Cup holders are 100% improvement!

-Cool seats

-The back seat looks smaller than the 430 but the specs say they are the same. When you sit in the back you notice they are the same size.

-I missed the 'SET' vol button on the 430.

-Loving the 'Push Button Start' just so cool!

That is all I can think of for now.

@ Airtime-- State Farm took care of me and yes can't wiat to get started!

@ diplomacyc & 617-- Thx!

Originally Posted by AlexusAnja
Good pick up Tee, and you were not out of the game too long were you?

It's not a "L" right? The rear doors look too small to be the long wheelbase. You can always spot an "L" (besides the L on the trunk) from the side because the rear door is as big as the front doors.

Anyway, good luck and hope to continue to see you here online. As for parts, are those the only parts you have?
Felt like was gone for a while.

It is a SWB not an L.

I'm not going anywhere and yes that is all of the parts I have.

@ Votru-- Soon as I can bro.

Originally Posted by GRAND_LS 4
congrats on the replacement, very nice indeed.
Thx!

@ Skip-- Thx, I will hit you tommorow.

Originally Posted by ghenley
I was just wondering as I've had mixed experience in ATL.

Greg
Gotcha Park Place by far is the best Lexus dealer I have delt with and I see why they are #2 in the country, the place is just unreal!

Originally Posted by wildace
congrats. ride looks real good. hows the ride? does it have air sus?
Thx! The car drives and feels great, it has standard suspension.
Old 04-26-10, 08:44 PM
danxp
Driver

how is the real world gas mileage? how much worse (or better) is it than the 430?

just did a quick search within 250 miles of me for ls460 under 50k mi and it started at $35k and went way up from there... but i'm thinking in 2 years i could probably pick one up for $30ish or less...
Old 04-26-10, 09:09 PM
Tee

Originally Posted by danxp
how is the real world gas mileage? how much worse (or better) is it than the 430?

just did a quick search within 250 miles of me for ls460 under 50k mi and it started at $35k and went way up from there... but i'm thinking in 2 years i could probably pick one up for $30ish or less...
On the way back from Plano TX to the ATL 800 miles 27-29.1 MPG, I filled up once with a 22.2 gallon tank. Today in ATL city driving was 18-20 MPG so not bad for a 4.6-liter 380HP V8 engine. My LS430 was on par with the 460 some what but he 460 edge it on the HWY by a 1 MPG.
Old 04-26-10, 09:44 PM
AznRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

loves the new ride and the color combo it remind me of my 06 gs300 i had the same combo LOL
Old 04-26-10, 09:47 PM
GLIDESUL
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice move. Car looks great,love the color.
Old 04-26-10, 09:53 PM
jman-LS430
Pole Position

Dude, I have been absent from the list for a while and come back to find that you were in an accident that totaled your 430, and you picked up a new ride. Feel bad for your lose, but it sure looks like you have something good going on with your new ride. My condolences and congrats, all in one response
Old 04-27-10, 04:58 AM
Tee

Originally Posted by AznRacer
loves the new ride and the color combo it remind me of my 06 gs300 i had the same combo LOL

Originally Posted by GLIDESUL
Nice move. Car looks great,love the color.
Thx!

Originally Posted by jman-LS430
Dude, I have been absent from the list for a while and come back to find that you were in an accident that totaled your 430, and you picked up a new ride. Feel bad for your lose, but it sure looks like you have something good going on with your new ride. My condolences and congrats, all in one response
LOL! Thx man, you got to check in more often b/c things are moving fast here lately with all the new owners coming on board.
Old 04-27-10, 06:42 AM
LRoy430ul
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats on the new ride Tee, it looks great!

Quick Reply: I'm back in the game with a new LS!