LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Zaino!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-10, 03:29 PM
froboy272
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

www.detailingbliss.com

Go here to learn the safest and most effective ways to care for your paint and interiors. Reading that site has made me 10x wiser about caring for my LS
Old 05-12-10, 08:22 AM
Lust4Lexus
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Zaino is great! I have used z2, z5, and z8 grand finale! All great products. They are great sealants, but they have little cleaning power. Zaino is great for brand new cars, and cars that have already been prepped for it with a proper cutting abrasive. Also guys, for those thinking about getting zaino after reading this thread, remeber that your prep work will be 90% of your outcome. You cant simply wash your car, throw some zaino on it, and then think you are automatically going to have a show car finish juts because it says so on the bottle. wash, clay, cleanse, polish, glaze, seal, and finaly use a topper of your choice to really get your paint to dazzling perfection. Sure it will take you a whole day or more, but isn't your baby worth it?

Also, sometimes a combination of different products are better than the sum of their parts and the results speak for themselves. Here is an example.

The top pic is the trunk. I put the towel and left some of the rear glass to give a reference. The pics were taken with my iphone, but in real life the car just sizzles like no other.
Attached Thumbnails Zaino!-misc-001.jpg   Zaino!-misc-006.jpg  
Old 05-12-10, 10:13 AM
airtime
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

More Pix Lust4Lexus
Old 05-12-10, 05:58 PM
SteveM
Driver

Zaino your LS430 = Great idea. It really refreshes the paint finish. A whole new level from the run of mill products I was using prior. I'm thrilled! These cars look great with a show car finish and it enhances the look beyond words.

Took many hours to do the process but it was sunny, I had a beer or two and I wanted to pamper my car a bit.

1. I used a detergent rich prewash (Dawn hand soap) to remove all other prior waxes/polishes and get down to the clearcoat to lay the base. Rinsed thoroughly and dried.

2. I then used the clay bar (Z-18) and lubricant (Z-7 wash mix) to remove grit and particles stuck to the clearcoat. Washed off using the Z-7 wash. Dried before water spots can form (hard water here).
**As Lust4Lexus said prep is everything!!**

3. I used the ZFX "primer" and Z-2 polish (mixed) all over the car with a soft applicator to create the base. I allowed it to dry for an hour then buffed.

4. I used an additional coat of straight Z-2 polish. Dried for an hour + buff.

5. Sealed with Z-6 gloss enhancer and voila.

*Steps for process may vary. Generally prewash, clay, wash, polish, seal* Sorry for pic quality!

The results on the darker cars are more amazing as they gain more depth and mirror look but I was very happy. Thanks again Caddy. Well worth it!
Attached Thumbnails Zaino!-img_2089.jpg   Zaino!-img_2090.jpg   Zaino!-img_2091.jpg   Zaino!-img_2092.jpg   Zaino!-img_2093.jpg  

Old 05-13-10, 05:36 AM
caddyowner
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I love the feel of the smooth finish with Zaino. I should probably Dawn and clay the parts of my car that weren't repainted.
Old 05-13-10, 06:44 AM
Lust4Lexus
Advanced

SteveM, your car looks fantastic!

I agree, you know you have found something special when you can make lighter colored cars have a nice depth of shine. It's sometimes difficult to get an impressive look, but with the right product it can be done.

I have plenty of zaino in my arsenal, but when I got the LS, I tried something new. I have so many different products as it has become fun just to test some out on a weekend- that;s when you know you are a detailer nut, LOL. with the first and only detail after I bought her, I tried the Klasse Twins, and topped it with a quality carnuba, pinnacle sovereign. The crazier you get with this detailing bug, the more you will recognize the virtues of each product and when it's appropriate to use them.

For example, synthetics will typically last longer and have more of a laquer type finish, while natural waxes will leave a deeper , more liquid or wet shine. It may sound crazy, but if you saw two identical cars with two differnt processes, they would be impressive in their own ways. I am thinking about stripping my car and seeing what Zaino will do on it just for the fun of it. Here are3 more shots for airtime. Reflection and Protection, LOL. Paint so fresh it needs a spanking!
Attached Thumbnails Zaino!-misc-002.jpg   Zaino!-misc-008.jpg   Zaino!-misc-009.jpg  
Old 05-13-10, 10:16 AM
airtime
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow, thanks for the images. Looks like a $300 detail job.
Old 05-13-10, 10:34 AM
Lust4Lexus
Advanced

Originally Posted by airtime
Wow, thanks for the images. Looks like a $300 detail job.
Thanks! I do detail my close friends cars for them. If they only knew what a deal I gave them. LOL.
Old 05-13-10, 09:12 PM
BMW7_LS430
Instructor

Received 125 Likes on 98 Posts
Default For silver cars: Collinite No. 845 - Insulator Wax

I did some research on internet when I got my car and I gave Collinite No. 845 a try. It is very easy to use and protection lasts for months. Car shines like a silver bullet in sun.

Due to allergies I don't wash cars in spring but I will snap a nice photo when summer comes.

Other products are great but I don't think you can really get the value of time back on light color cars.

Just a tip for lazy detailers like me.
Old 05-14-10, 06:48 AM
votru
Lead Lap

very nice...I will also give Zaino a try as still new to detailing.
Old 05-14-10, 09:47 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by votru
very nice...I will also give Zaino a try as still new to detailing.

Follow directions closely and it's very important to apply sparingly with all Zaino products.
Less is more with Zaino.
Old 05-14-10, 05:23 PM
Slvr surfr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SteveM
Zaino your LS430 = Great idea. It really refreshes the paint finish. A whole new level from the run of mill products I was using prior. I'm thrilled! These cars look great with a show car finish and it enhances the look beyond words.

Took many hours to do the process but it was sunny, I had a beer or two and I wanted to pamper my car a bit.

1. I used a detergent rich prewash (Dawn hand soap) to remove all other prior waxes/polishes and get down to the clearcoat to lay the base. Rinsed thoroughly and dried.

2. I then used the clay bar (Z-18) and lubricant (Z-7 wash mix) to remove grit and particles stuck to the clearcoat. Washed off using the Z-7 wash. Dried before water spots can form (hard water here).
**As Lust4Lexus said prep is everything!!**

3. I used the ZFX "primer" and Z-2 polish (mixed) all over the car with a soft applicator to create the base. I allowed it to dry for an hour then buffed.

4. I used an additional coat of straight Z-2 polish. Dried for an hour + buff.

5. Sealed with Z-6 gloss enhancer and voila.

*Steps for process may vary. Generally prewash, clay, wash, polish, seal* Sorry for pic quality!

The results on the darker cars are more amazing as they gain more depth and mirror look but I was very happy. Thanks again Caddy. Well worth it!
Other than the chromed wheels, our cars are twins. Although i have tinted windows now. Anyway, that shine is nice. Its kinda hard to tell on our silver cars because its already a "shiny color". Plan to give mine the total package in a couple of weeks once i order the Porter Cable buffer kit. BTW, i noticed you had those Riken Raptor tires on there. How do yo like them? Sorry for the jack fellas!
Old 05-15-10, 01:01 PM
focsle
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lust4Lexus
Thanks! I do detail my close friends cars for them. If they only knew what a deal I gave them. LOL.
I'm looking for a friend!
Old 05-15-10, 02:30 PM
whitetooth
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Lust4Lexus

For example, synthetics will typically last longer and have more of a laquer type finish, while natural waxes will leave a deeper , more liquid or wet shine. ...
Correct! I tried both Zaino and Swizzvax and Swizzvax for Lexus won. Swizzvax Concorso examples (not my car):

Old 05-17-10, 07:37 AM
Lust4Lexus
Advanced

Originally Posted by focsle
I'm looking for a friend!
LOL, too bad your in Alaska!

Quick Reply: Zaino!