LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Hot Diggity Damn ...

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-10, 08:36 PM
usermel
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Happy for you fellow member, great car she has. Also, my motto on what we pay for things is this. Is a good price if your truly happy with what you get because happiness is priceless!!! L.G.N.M
Old 06-17-10, 04:18 AM
caddyowner
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Very nice (the car, too). The car looks just like mine, but with fewer parking lot dings. I don't think you have any suspension upgrade:

- no badge on the front fender
- sport package was only available on premium and ML.

It sounds like you paid a fair price. Mine was about $31k after shipping, 30k service, repairs, and body work.

Enjoy!
Old 06-17-10, 04:20 AM
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!

Received 115 Likes on 54 Posts

congrats on the car and color!
Old 06-17-10, 01:37 PM
slclexus
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Caddyowner ... I was wondering about that very issue. I had a lot of folks (not CL) tell me if it had the 245s and the 18" wheels then it had to have the upgraded, racier suspension. Where can I find irrefutable proof of this? In all honesty, I've never heard anyone mention a fender badge. But hey, you may very well be right.

Either way, it doesn't really matter. Because I can't get the GF's hiney out of that damn car. I mentioned that her new beast may lack the suspension upgrade, and her response was: "Don't even think that means I'm giving this car back." Pretty funny if entirely illogical. Where the heck is Spock when you need him?

Thanks again to all who've posted.

Doc
Old 06-17-10, 04:37 PM
caddyowner
Lead Lap

The 18" wheels, polished or chrome, were a stand-alone option in 2006 per the sales brochure. The euro tuned sport suspension and 18" wheels were included in the sport package which included a small badge on the front fender behind the wheel well. The sport package, again per the sales brochure, was not available with the Custom Luxury or Ultra Luxury packages.

BTW, your GF having a happy hiney in the car is very, very good for you.

I was originally interested in getting a sport package car, but a) they were hard to find and b) I couldn't get the custom luxury package with it.

http://www.toyotareference.com/ssp/?...44460789365361
Old 06-17-10, 06:10 PM
slclexus
Rookie

Veeeerrry Interesting ... so you could have the "European" handling package as long as you went with an ML? Hmm. Guess that makes sense. Anyone buying the 430 for lux purposes prolly not gonna be interested in many go-fast goodies. Conversely, if you wanna throw these beasts sideways (?) you won't want a bunch of ice boxes, rear seat controls, and space shuttle launch buttons on your car.

And yes, the GF and her hiney and this new car are proving that "baseball been bery, bery good to me."

Thanks again.

Doc
Old 06-17-10, 06:33 PM
slclexus
Rookie

Oh ... and WarminWisc ... no worries, my man. I guess I'm a little jumpy about the GF. I mean, I'm an old man (54 in Sep.) and the girlfriend is only two years younger, but she plays (oops) like she's fifteen years younger. Lots of people wonder what she's doing with me. But like most things in life it revolves around having a LOT of money.

Just kidding ... I'm far from rich. She says it's my sense of humor.

Anyway .... once again, thanks to all who've helped ... and believe me, I've gleaned tons of info just by lurking here for the last seven months.

Cheers to all! It's almost the weekend!
Old 06-17-10, 06:43 PM
caddyowner
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by slclexus
Veeeerrry Interesting ... so you could have the "European" handling package as long as you went with an ML?
... or the Premium package.
Old 06-17-10, 10:03 PM
Stu
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts

nice story, and you sound delighted you found the car you wanted.
I too will get an LS one day, and I want to find a perfect one too.
Drive safe
Old 06-18-10, 03:33 AM
warminwisc
Lexus Champion

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Ya again nice car. I got to SLC in mid april skiing at the
Bird. You must have a great time racing up the canyon to Park City and that ride thru Price down to Moab has gotta be a real kick in a ncie LS like ya got.

I am 51 ... 430's and the Bird rock! Those open strtches of roads up in Montana must be fun holding her open at 100 and listeniong to jams with the honey. Moab, Canyonlands, Zion, Bryce and the Colorado Plateau in an LS is just the car ya want. Warm
Old 06-19-10, 11:52 PM
LS430inDE.
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Jeez...I can just feel your elation from reading your posts. Isn't it CRAZY how happy something as simple as a material, possession can insert joy and cheer into our lives? I'm getting all philosophical and what-not..but man, I can feel THE LOVE from your posts.

I was JUST as happy when I took ownership of my LS...and almost as excited on the 1st date with my GF....lol.

Congrats bro!
Old 06-20-10, 04:22 AM
caddyowner
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LS430inDE.
... I was JUST as happy when I took ownership of my LS...and almost as excited on the 1st date with my GF....lol.
The LS has lower cost of "ownership". 90K timing belt replacements pale next to, say, an engagement ring. Plus, the resale value of the LS holds up better over the years. The LS may be the first vehicle I've owned that will counter these words of wisdom:

If it has breasts or wheels, it's going to give you trouble.

(It's Fathers Day - the one day we can say things like this and not get in too much trouble. Let's go driving!)
Old 06-20-10, 08:24 PM
slclexus
Rookie

Caddyowner ... loved the wheels/breasts thing. The GF didn't. Must have something to do with geometry (Which I sucked at back in the Paleozoic). You know, round things are tougher to maintain, cost more, cause more problems ... oh, and a bunch more things the mods would certainly snipe me dead for stating on this illustrious forum.

Again ... and I know I sound fanboyish(?) for gushing like this, but I've rarely, in almost twenty years on the web seen such a great group as here at CL. I mean it: You guys are over the moon.

Best,

Doc
Old 06-21-10, 06:03 PM
Tee

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts

CONGRATS on a killer p/u and love the color combo! Reminds me of my old baby, your excitment brought back the feeling I had when I got my 430 in 08.