Print Wikipost

HOW TO: LS430 Interior/Exterior Lights/LED w/Pics & part#s

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-18, 07:05 AM
05ls430518
Pole Position

Received 189 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnylt
I can’t seem to get the lense out with two credit cards for the puddle lights under the outside mirrors any suggestions
Yup use to spackle knives works much better in my opinion, but go slow and do not jerk anything or you will end up snapping pieces off in the mirror.
Old 08-07-18, 03:08 AM
badumtums
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mobius1
You will need hyper-flash suppressing resistors if you decide to install LED turn signals.
Hijacking an old thread - had anyone successfully installed an 8-Pin Led Flasher instead of the resistors? Im going through dealers PDFs and cannot find the relay in the specs. One person on this forum mentioned that this flasher is integrated into the driver side junction box, but I couldn't get to the flashed not did I get if the flashed is soldered there for good or if it can be replaced. Thanks everyone in advance.
Old 08-07-18, 03:44 AM
Zpat
Driver School Candidate

Great thread! Got now the whole outside in led👍🏻
Old 08-14-18, 12:23 PM
mainiac34
5th Gear

Has anyone found an LED that will fit the backup light? I've tried 2 types from Amazon sellers both 921 (per O/M), one with projector end and the other w/o. Both are too long for the lens Amazon's listing said they both fit my 2005 LS 430!
Old 08-15-18, 06:38 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by mainiac34
Has anyone found an LED that will fit the backup light? I've tried 2 types from Amazon sellers both 921 (per O/M), one with projector end and the other w/o. Both are too long for the lens Amazon's listing said they both fit my 2005 LS 430!
Take a look at the Xtreme 921 LED bulb or the Philips 921 LED bulb, we've never had any fitment issues with either of them in any vehicle. The Xtreme will be a little brighter while the Philips ones have more of a cool white color.

Danny
The following users liked this post:
mainiac34 (08-16-18)
Old 03-20-19, 04:12 AM
LsLetzeb
Driver School Candidate

Default I reckon I would share

Hello, just fixed some of my interior lighting
Bulbs come from China, Neo Wedge T4.2
Base did not fit so I removed bulbs and put them on original base with the green cover. Total cost, less than 10$ and I have some left.

Old 03-20-19, 06:15 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 372 Likes on 346 Posts

All of a sudden I'm interested in this stuff. I've been watching YouTubes of Peterbilt 389's, and there are all kinds of LED options. One rig had over 300 LEDs......I've got to get moving on the LS lol
Old 05-15-19, 05:34 PM
Peacebay
Advanced

Received 254 Likes on 166 Posts

Keeping this thread alive to help some more people out looking to do this. There are two areas that you need to pay special attention to: the map lights on this car and the reverse lights.

There are two (seemingly identical) types of map lights. One type has the positive pole on the bottom, whereas the other type has the negative pole on the bottom.
You need to get these. The other type will not work. You need to get these. The other type will not work.

For the map light (middle light) I bought
these these

As for the reverse lights: you must get a shorter style LED, NOT THE PROJECTION TYPE (unfortunately).
These are the brightest lights that will fit our small housing. These are the brightest lights that will fit our small housing.

For my license plate lights, I got
These little guys These little guys
. They are more than bright enough. (And these are the ones that also fit in the interior door lights).

Heres the final product

The following 3 users liked this post by Peacebay:
BCT (05-16-19), LexRex (05-16-19), S2R (03-24-21)
Old 05-16-19, 06:38 AM
YannG
Intermediate

Received 155 Likes on 81 Posts

Those look good Peacebay, great job!
Peacebay (05-16-19)
Old 05-17-19, 09:12 AM
Longmire
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

For the backup lights, I bought these for my '01:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NPIYDWU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NPIYDWU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They are really bright, and they work great, but they are not plug and play. I had to remove the tail light, take it apart, and then remove the yellow plastic light deflector (or whatever it is). Also, I will note that they are very heavy, so I had one of them pop off and rattle around in the tail light. My solution was to add a couple of drops of thread locker where the bulb base meets the bulb socket, being careful not to put too much. Not in the socket, just on the outside. So far so good on that fix.

Also, when I took the tail lights apart, I left the wires loose in the housing to make future repair/replacement easier. If you don't you may have to remove the tail light again to replace the new led bulb.

To recap, I'm not sure I would buy these again, knowing that a shorter alternative is out there. I didn't know what else to buy so I made these work.

Last edited by Longmire; 05-17-19 at 09:15 AM.
danforth (08-15-22)
Old 11-05-19, 09:32 PM
repairmatt
Pit Crew

Received 44 Likes on 25 Posts

Adding my findings to this thread. My ECT and seat control lamps were out, so I went hunting for replacements and found that you could only buy the whole socket and bulb, at about $6-8 per not including tax and shipping. I figured there was a cheaper way to do this (I own a vintage electronics repair business, so I'm used to subbing and coming up with solutions for NLA or hard to find parts) and after a couple hours of research, I found amperage and wattage specs for almost all the bulbs used for backlighting all the dash switches and controls.

I found that you can use the DW07 bulb from JKL to replace the lamps for the seat control, washer, sunshade, VSC, ECT, Sport/Norm and Height switches. Almost exact replacement, same specs and very similar sizing, the DW07 is just a little longer (stock is 10mm long and the DW07 is 10.8mm), but it does not affect fitment at all. I got mine from Mouser, part number 560-DW07. Quite a bit cheaper than getting the stock bulbs, especially if you need several of them. These bulbs may also work to replace other bulbs used in the dash, but I have confirmed it to be a replacement for the above bulbs. Comparison of old vs new, new is on the right:

Replacing the bulb is very straightforward, use a small jewelers flatblade to pry up the end of the wires in the old bulb socket, unwrap and straighten them out and pull the bulb up and out of the socket. Remove the green sleeve, you will reuse this on the new bulb. Be sure you don't tear it, if you're not careful it's easy to do as they tend to get stuck to the bulb. To put the new one in, insert the wires through the holes in the bottom of the socket and make sure the bulb is pushed into the socket as far as it will go, then tightly wrap the wires around the notched sections in the socket. Note the bulb and socket I'm showing is for the seat control, but all of them install the same way.

Then, clip the wires and tuck the end using the flatblade into the the slot for the wire tail.

For the ECT switch, the way I replaced mine was to remove the seat and VSC switch panel (making sure the shifter was out of the way), then there are 3 screws holding the cubby/ECT/CD changer door panel in place. Remove the three screws (be careful not to drop them!), then pull firmly straight out and the assembly will pop loose. Remove the harness from the ECT switch and the clip that holds the harness to the panel assembly, needle nose pliers should do the trick. Turn the panel over on its front and you should see something like this (if you have a CL or UL there will obviously be more switches, but I believe removal of the other switches is the same):

Using the jewelers flatblade, pry gently at the top and bottom of the switch between the switch and the panel tabs, you'll see a couple of plastic nubs that hold it into the panel tabs. Do one side at a time, once you have both loose the switch should pull straight out.

And voila!

Same process to put the bulb in this one as well. To reinstall the switch, just push it back in to the panel until it clicks (be sure it's not upside down!) and reinstall everything in reverse. This was a very easy job, it took me about 20 mins start to finish to replace both bulbs. And I have nicely illuminated controls again!

The following 2 users liked this post by repairmatt:
Alukun (05-13-20), S2R (03-24-21)
Old 03-21-20, 12:44 PM
OjaiRoy
Driver School Candidate

I click on the image but they are still tiny. I'm trying to do this light conversion.
Old 08-08-20, 01:09 PM
Bealstblue
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RomanTPA
Car Used: 2001 Lexus LS 430 w/Nav before M/C
Difficulty: Very Easy to Medium

POST 01: Bulb part numbers and pictures
POST 02: Fog lights to HID and headlight adjustment
POST 03: Interior Bulbs (dome, map, ashtray, puddle)
POST 04: Rear (trunk, license plate, 3rd brake light)
POST 05: Exterior (mirror lights)
POST 06:
POST 07: Bulb locations
POST 28: Dash, door handle, glove box, etc lights (tnx mrsandman)
POST 32: Follow up pictures for post #28
POST 91: LEDs in the radio (tnx weizs13)

Part Numbers:

Low Beam Headlamp Light Bulb Size: HID-D2R
High Beam Headlamp Light Bulb Size: 9005
Fog Light Light Bulb size: 9006
Parking Light Bulb Size: 2825
Front Turn Signal Light Bulb Size: 7440
Rear Turn Signal Light Bulb Size: 992 (7440A)
Tail Light Bulb Size: 2825 or 7443
Stop Light Bulb Size: 7443
High Mount Stop Light Bulb Size: 7440
License Plate Light Bulb Size: 2825
Back Up Light Bulb Size: 7440
Front Sidemarker Light Bulb Size: 2825
Rear Sidemarker Light Bulb Size: 2825
Glove Box Light Bulb Size: 37
Step/Courtesy Light Bulb Size: 194 or 74 or DE3021
Trunk/Cargo Area Light Bulb Size: 194
Instrument-General Light Bulb Size: 194
Sport/Norm, ECT, and Height switches: Lexus pn/90010-01059 (tnx StanVanDam)
Glove Box, Center Console, and Door/Window Switches (tnx mrsandman)

I GOT THE LEDs FROM THIS GUY.. I WOULD RECOMMEND HIM FOR THE QUALITY VS. PRICE

Bulb part numbers and cross reference numbers: (click on pic to make larger)

Trunk, puddle light, mirror and license platte: T10 W5W bulb

Dome light: 3022 3175 31mm

Map Lights: BA9S 1895 T4W

Ashtray 37 bp2 ge74

Third (middle) Brake Light: T20S T20W 7440 7443

Any idea on what the footwell bulbs #'s are, and has anyone changed them if so any pictures
Old 08-08-20, 01:17 PM
Bealstblue
Driver School Candidate

I knew all these toggles were supposed to be lit at night. I have a few out as of right now a 04 LS 430 Ultra Lux
Old 08-08-20, 01:37 PM
Bealstblue
Driver School Candidate

there isn't a package for the LS 430 just fro the 92-00 SC300, 04 -09 RX330, 11-16 CT200h

maybe the Sc300 package will fit the LS 430 No!!!!

Quick Reply: HOW TO: LS430 Interior/Exterior Lights/LED w/Pics & part#s