LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

I'm Not a Violent Man ...

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-10, 04:49 AM
Jabberwock

Received 205 Likes on 168 Posts

Some people (a very small segment of the population) hate others "success". These individuals are so filled with spite and envy that they will lash out even against those whose measure of success is the direct result of extremely hard work, dedication, and sacrifice. About a month after I bought my 1999 RL I was parked in a lot having lunch in a restaurant - parked in an end space as far away from other car as I reasonably could. I came out and the person that owned the old Jeep that was parked next to me (I did notice but thought I was far enough away when I parked) when leaving had rammed their door so hard into my rear quarter panel that they had bent the chrome trim ring almost in half and deeply dented the rear well arch - so about $500-600 total in damage to a brand new mint condition old month car - that I had worked so hard to be able to afford. No way that amount of force could have been generated at random or by accident - so there you have it. I imagine really, really rich don't care too much, past the hassle factor - they just get a new car. The folks that work and save - it can really hurt.

Last edited by Jabberwock; 07-20-10 at 04:59 AM.
Old 07-20-10, 07:59 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Haters doing what they do best, man I wish they was a app for that when it comes to haters. Sorry that one got you just remeber its they problem not yours, get it fixed and keep getting your shine on b/c they handle it. Oh one more thing this hater might be someone you know too, a person filled with envy since you brought the car home.
Old 07-20-10, 10:10 AM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

It's all in the upbringing. If the parents don't teach the kids good manners, be respectful, and etc. etc...., how else will the kids turn out.

I had an incident where this (bad-word adjective) lady parks next to my car (where there are pleeeenty of other parking spots- must be the lemmings effect), swings her door open, and hits my passenger door.

Fortunately it was my old corolla that had the black bumper door protector.

I go out and confronted her and not even one apology from her.
Old 07-20-10, 10:42 AM
BlackUltra
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow these stories are scary. I always park in the end spot or away from others. The closest thing that has ever happened to me in ATL is that someone parked next to me in the middle of an empty parking lot.
Old 07-20-10, 02:45 PM
usermel
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, it baffles me why people will park next to a car when better spaces are available as well. People have issues(WE ALL DO) and someone said this to me and I quote: "its amazing how when your at the grocery store happy as can be, about to check out and can pay for your food you have in your cart and the person behind you and in front are living in pure hell because unfortunately for them. They can't" end quote. The person that said this to me explained what he meant was, you may be in heaven on the same planet in the same place at the same time but, it doesnt occur to you how others are living in pure hell.

I saw a movie titled "Capitalism: Love of Money(check name of movie, may be wrong) by Michael Moore and one of the subjects who was losing his house made a great point. He spoke about what losing his home made him think of doing such as crimes to get the money needed to keep his home. I know, I know this isn't a person damaging a car but my example is we don't know what these folks are going through. Some humans just don't have sorry in them or sympathy,empathy or and pathy in them or they just are having a bad time in LIFE. Does there circumstance absolve them of there poor behavior? NO! What it does is make me ask this. What is going on that has made this person act this way. Have you ever argued over a parking space? Have you argued who is in line at a grocery store? Well, if you have done any of these things we have been viewed like these folks.

Some people just are haters while others its just in there DNA. I have long did evaluations of humans over the years. Some people have manners and others don't. Some people are greedy while others will give there last dime. Some people care about there cars while others don't. Whose right and wrong isn't subjective but, its close. Had an argument with your spouse lately? Can we truly understand each other in relationships of any kind let alone intimate ones. So we sure cant understand total strangers nor neighbors mind sets when it comes to why they damage our cars.

For me, its about them trying to destroy whats happy in your LIFE but, miserable in theres. Not in all cases, just some. So the next time this happens ask why and ask what is going on with a human to not care for another to do as they did. Maybe not an answer to this discussion but, may help understand why people do what they do. Some people are just plain depressed or even worse medically sick. We all know what illness or being broke can do. No excuse to take it out on other humans but, that said we can see why! We will never know!!!! L.G.N.M
Old 07-20-10, 07:07 PM
slclexus
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks Y'all ...

... you're the best.

I want to apologize for the tenor of my original post. It was waaay too harsh with nasty, if understandable, vindictiveness and anger.

Fact is, I'm no saint, and it took one of our able admins gently reminding me that we're not a collection of Charlie Bronsons here at CL. Even if the sentiment is deserved.

Again ... if I offended anyone with my original post, my deepest apologies.

The insurance adjuster has damage pegged right at 2K.

And I sit here slumped by the glow of the LCD slowly shaking my head at what has become of my fellow man. If it weren't for you guys, I'd be halfway through a bottle of Jack by now.

Props to you all ... your thoughts are appreciated more than you know.

Best,

Doc
Old 07-20-10, 09:22 PM
usermel
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile SLCLEXUS though I commend how humble you are, no need to say sorry!!!!

Originally Posted by slclexus
... you're the best.

I want to apologize for the tenor of my original post. It was waaay too harsh with nasty, if understandable, vindictiveness and anger.

Fact is, I'm no saint, and it took one of our able admins gently reminding me that we're not a collection of Charlie Bronsons here at CL. Even if the sentiment is deserved.

Again ... if I offended anyone with my original post, my deepest apologies.

The insurance adjuster has damage pegged right at 2K.

And I sit here slumped by the glow of the LCD slowly shaking my head at what has become of my fellow man. If it weren't for you guys, I'd be halfway through a bottle of Jack by now.

Props to you all ... your thoughts are appreciated more than you know.

Best,

Doc
WOW, very humble of you SLCLEXUS, that said, no need to apologize on your part. What happened t you was wrong and clublexus is just that, a club of fellow Lexus members. What I would like is for the administrators and other Forum leaders to d is be a bit more compassionate! With respect I say this, at times they can jump up to quick to say dont say this and dont say that and while I respect them, I saw nothing wrong with you venting at all. WE ARE HUMAN and HUMANS have emotions and if anything, having this site probably helps fellow members release stress and I think it helped you a bit to get it out as you did.

Show me a prefect HUMAN and I'll pass out on spot,hahahaha! Your post(original) was so relatable to alot of members dear member and the way I felt when my car was damaged as many others was totally relatable to each other. Great you apologized but, I didnt think you really meant what you said, I felt you were just venting! L.G.N.M
Old 07-21-10, 05:27 AM
Jabberwock

Received 205 Likes on 168 Posts

Agreed - no need to apologize unless you had found him and capped the dude as far as I am concerned : )

Kidding obviously -But seriously I, and I know others here feel your pain, we love this car and understand what an event like this is like. And you see the common thread is forget this douchbag - let fate or the police take care of them, get the car fixed like new, and move on - it seems like you are certainly sophisticated and mature enough to let it go and get back to enjoying life asap.