So long fellow LS owners.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-10, 07:01 PM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default History

Originally Posted by JDMUSCLE
... If you guys get a chance take a look at the interior of the new sienna.... You might throw up at the quality... A measly chevy aveo has that kind of quality!!
Toyota interior material and quality has gone down the crapper. I guess they thought they could avoid the GM fate, but I guess history WILL REPEAT itself with Toyota. Lexus interior quality now probably only at the quality of Toyota in the early 90's. Not bad, but not up to Lexus expectations.
Old 08-01-10, 07:49 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 470 Likes on 362 Posts

That is sad about the interior. While in Japan our relatives had the Estima with maple trim...I was It was a nice car I thought. I haven't seen the latest release, doesn't sound good.
Old 08-01-10, 09:25 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by RA40
I haven't seen the latest release, doesn't sound good.
Don't go look at it, it would make you sad with our beloved Toyota
Old 08-01-10, 09:26 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by AlexusAnja
Toyota interior material and quality has gone down the crapper. I guess they thought they could avoid the GM fate, but I guess history WILL REPEAT itself with Toyota.
Seems like is a cycle no company can avoid!
Old 08-01-10, 09:29 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Hehe.... Seems like it. The Hyundai is nice and frankly a cheap sonata looks and feels better than the new LS... It's a shame and more n more I think abt it I get pissed!! How could Toyota do this to a legendary car in the name of saving a few bucks...

This is how the American companies went down the drain and I see Toyota down that path in the future. Even the venza has a lot of cheap crap in there... If you guys get a chance take a look at the interior of the new sienna.... You might throw up at the quality... A measly chevy aveo has that kind of quality!!
I did look at the new Sienna, I wish I didn't

Like I said, I think all company go thru this cycle, GM, Mercedes, now is Toyota's turn. That's why I am looking at Hyundai now, because they are in the up cycle, the 2nd or 3rd generation Equus will be perfect, then they will start going down too.....haha......I'll buy whatever is the best, don't really care about the brand, I have no loyality
Old 08-01-10, 09:41 PM
LS430inDE.
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

The Hyundai is nice and frankly a cheap sonata looks and feels better than the new LS...
C'MON!! You had me on-board with your perspectives until now! Although I think you were just exaggerating?

If you REALLY believe that (regarding a Sonata), there are other underlying issues.

Good luck to you!
Old 08-01-10, 10:13 PM
JDMUSCLE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by LS430inDE.
C'MON!! You had me on-board with your perspectives until now! Although I think you were just exaggerating?

If you REALLY believe that (regarding a Sonata), there are other underlying issues.

Good luck to you!
Well, I used to be in the car business and have come across tons of cars in my time. Please do yourself a favor and go to your nearest Hyundai dealer and sit in the sonata and feel the materials... Then go sit in an LS460... Look at the glove compartment... Doesn't line up with the dash... The speaker covers on the dash doesn't line up with the dash... Drive a 30k 07 or an 08... Rattles like an economy car.

I'm sorry but when I sit in an LS... I go in with high expectations and little things bother me. Isn't this suppose to be the car that defined quality??? Take a look at an older LS's interior and show me on part that doesn't line up / feel cheap!!

Then sit in a new LS and tell me what you see!! It's just that an economy cars from Hyundai and other manufacturer's have improved leaps n bounds and Lexus/Toyota has gone vice versa..

Example... If you sat in a MB C-class, you will see cheap crap that is in line with an entry level luxury car but when you sit in an S-class you will see/feel the difference in the craftsmanship n finish. But this is not the case with Lexus... The LS actually has poorer fit n finish than it's little brother ES!! Not acceptable in a car that is suppose to be the flagship!!

Please don't get me wrong... I'm ranting cause I love Toyota/Lexus as a company and it's sad to see it take the wrong path!! Hope someone from Lexus sees this thread!!
Old 08-01-10, 10:37 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Hope someone from Lexus sees this thread!!
Toyota knows, they are scrambling right now!

I just hope they fix it before my current cars crap out, I predict they will though. They are a lot faster to react then GM and Mercedes. It took GM 25 years to realized, MB 8 years or so, Toyota is about 3~4 years......there is hope!

It would be funny or sad if the Equus does indeed pass the LS460 in quality and engineering. That is why to this day I have yet to drive a Genesis 4.6, I am very afraid that it is indeed better then a GS460. I only drove a Genesis V6 and I was relieve that it is not as nice as a GS350.

Last edited by BNR34; 08-01-10 at 10:40 PM.
Old 08-01-10, 11:34 PM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Well, I used to be in the car business and have come across tons of cars in my time. Please do yourself a favor and go to your nearest Hyundai dealer and sit in the sonata and feel the materials... Then go sit in an LS460... Look at the glove compartment... Doesn't line up with the dash... The speaker covers on the dash doesn't line up with the dash... Drive a 30k 07 or an 08... Rattles like an economy car.

I'm sorry but when I sit in an LS... I go in with high expectations and little things bother me. Isn't this suppose to be the car that defined quality??? Take a look at an older LS's interior and show me on part that doesn't line up / feel cheap!!

Then sit in a new LS and tell me what you see!! It's just that an economy cars from Hyundai and other manufacturer's have improved leaps n bounds and Lexus/Toyota has gone vice versa..

Example... If you sat in a MB C-class, you will see cheap crap that is in line with an entry level luxury car but when you sit in an S-class you will see/feel the difference in the craftsmanship n finish. But this is not the case with Lexus... The LS actually has poorer fit n finish than it's little brother ES!! Not acceptable in a car that is suppose to be the flagship!!

Please don't get me wrong... I'm ranting cause I love Toyota/Lexus as a company and it's sad to see it take the wrong path!! Hope someone from Lexus sees this thread!!
My LS430 is rock solid, that's why I like it. Sure, it will sometimes give me tiny annoyances that Lexus has a hard time fixing, but that just comes with the nature of a car with 185K on it. I'm feeling 300K before I get rid of my daily driver.

I will agree when you say the LS460/600 is built cheap. I drove one as a loaner vehicle once... just felt like a blown-up ES350, which really did not impress me. We stole the CLS55 on CPO with 3,000 miles on it. For what we got the car for, the LS460 just couldn't compare... The AMG is a whole new breed of machine, so comparing the two probably wouldn't make any sense, but I remember a time where the new LS had superior interior quality materials to both BMW and Merecedes. All good things come to an end I guess.
Old 08-02-10, 12:15 AM
LS430inDE.
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Please do yourself a favor and go to your nearest Hyundai dealer and sit in the sonata and feel the materials... Then go sit in an LS460... Look at the glove compartment... Doesn't line up with the dash... The speaker covers on the dash doesn't line up with the dash... Drive a 30k 07 or an 08... Rattles like an economy car.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but there is no way that I can agree with your prior statement. I'm even surprised at myself for taking the time to upload comparison photos. These are pics of a 2008 Sonata and LS460. I'm even more surprised nobody else (on here) is calling you out on such an outlandish statement. Well...not really.

It's one thing to acknowledge how far Hyundai has come in the past 10 years. I agree with that. It's also fair to state that Toyota/Lexus has slipped from the very top pinnacle of quality which was the hallmark of a Lexus. I agree with that.

BUT....there is no way you can add those 2 statements and derive a sum or conclusion that the interior of a Sonata is of better build quality, materials, and worksmanship than the 460. I mean, talk about LOL?!That is just outright false, regardless how "good" Hyundai is or how "bad" Lexus is. I am not a fanboi of Toyota/Lexus either, but merely call them as they are.

Seriously though?...I think we're just wasting eachothers time now.
Attached Thumbnails So long fellow LS owners.....-2008-sonata.jpg   So long fellow LS owners.....-2008-ls460.jpg   So long fellow LS owners.....-2008-sonataa.jpg   So long fellow LS owners.....-2008-ls460a.jpg  
Old 08-02-10, 02:46 AM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LS430inDE.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but there is no way that I can agree with your prior statement. I'm even surprised at myself for taking the time to upload comparison photos. These are pics of a 2008 Sonata and LS460. I'm even more surprised nobody else (on here) is calling you out on such an outlandish statement. Well...not really.

It's one thing to acknowledge how far Hyundai has come in the past 10 years. I agree with that. It's also fair to state that Toyota/Lexus has slipped from the very top pinnacle of quality which was the hallmark of a Lexus. I agree with that.

BUT....there is no way you can add those 2 statements and derive a sum or conclusion that the interior of a Sonata is of better build quality, materials, and worksmanship than the 460. I mean, talk about LOL?!That is just outright false, regardless how "good" Hyundai is or how "bad" Lexus is. I am not a fanboi of Toyota/Lexus either, but merely call them as they are.

Seriously though?...I think we're just wasting eachothers time now.
I think you are comparing the wrong interior...
I think the hyundai interior looks more like the G37
Attached Thumbnails So long fellow LS owners.....-2011-hyundai-sonata-interior-with-navigation.jpg   So long fellow LS owners.....-infiniti-g37-sedan-2010-facelift-interior-img_8.jpg  
Old 08-02-10, 02:49 AM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

JDMUSCLE: just curious, how many LS460 did you test drive. I really hope the LS460L is my next car, but who knows. All I know is I want the one with Suede Headliner and Leather covering all of the dash with cool box in the rear. Do i have to get LS600hL in order to get all this??
Old 08-02-10, 04:37 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

JD,

Good luck to you and check once an a while.

Originally Posted by KILLERGS4
JDMUSCLE: just curious, how many LS460 did you test drive. I really hope the LS460L is my next car, but who knows. All I know is I want the one with Suede Headliner and Leather covering all of the dash with cool box in the rear. Do i have to get LS600hL in order to get all this??
No you can get an 460 L with all of the same goodies you have in your UL.
Old 08-02-10, 06:21 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LS430inDE: once again you seem to spit some never truer words. well at least from what i have seen in pics. i have only sat in a couple 460's and even more 600's at dealerships and have never actually sat in a hyundai (don't want to waste my time) so i am mainly comparing to the pics i have seen. hyundai has come up a lot in a short time, lex/toyota has fallen a little in a short time, are they meeting in the middle,, hell no...

i will be very honest and will gladly eat my words when the time comes (don't believe it ever will but we will see) but now is just not the time to start comparing them. hyundai is basically copying luxury cars with cheaper builds and parts, its up to us to be able to discern the difference. i'm not disputing that the 460 is not more camry like (sad to even think about) but i am disputing that the hyundais are on par with the other brands (including lex) flagships...
Old 08-02-10, 09:26 AM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I can see it now..." I just traded my Lexus for a Hyundai!"

I have a problem buying a vehicle with a reputation of a box car, let alone driving one. If Hyundai would have started a new line with an appealing name, like Lexus, and THEN introduced the new cars, they probably would have sold better.... And don't even get me started on their showroom/service.

No offense to people who drive those cars, but Hyundai just sounds clownish

Quick Reply: So long fellow LS owners.....