LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

60,000 Mile Service - Transmission

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-10, 01:14 PM
elite7
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Carnut
O.K., even at $0.35 cents more, at about 20 gallons, that's $7.00 a tank more, not $2.00.
Around me its only 10 cents difference. Maybe you live in a smaller town. In my city there are tons of gas stations, so they are all competitively priced . Also Im comparing the Mid grade Gas to the Premium not the Regular gas to Premium.

Comparing Regular would be 20 -25 cents more a gallon but i would never ever think of using that gas.

As i was saying it all depends on how much you drive. For me a full tank lasts a week and a half to two weeks. Even with the Regular not mid grade gas it would be an extra approximately $4 per 450 miles, extra approximately $9 per 1000, approximately $90 per 10,000 miles and approximately $900 per 100,000 miles.
What can i say? We live in different cities.

Oh well no ones buying the Lexus LS for fuel efficiency alone. A 4 cylinder Corolla is what you get if you want good fuel efficiency or even a motorcycle.

Yeah let me know how you like the premium. Just make sure to pump at a decent station like BP or Shell. Stay away from Meijer, Thortons, Speedway, etc.

Last edited by elite7; 09-21-10 at 01:27 PM.
Old 09-21-10, 02:25 PM
abs
Pole Position

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Playdrv4me
The thread outlived its usefulness 4 pages ago. Had I not responded with my maintenance suggestions when the thread was revived it probably would have gone back to the dead long ago. My fault I guess.
Playdrv4me - I'm sorry, it might have been my fault for bringing in info on the frequent changes. I concur, this thread has devolved into something quite extra-ordinary. I think we are dealing with people at such extremes of the continuum thought continuum. Some of us obviously have extensive personal experience and some may be in denial. Some like to do what they are told, some like to think for themselves. At any rate, I completely agree that this thread should be closed, it's really a pity that it's reached this point. I do find the personal attacks outrageous as well as the double standards expressed by some in this thread.

I am new to this board and overall very disappointed with where this has gone. On other car forums, a thread like this would eventually have had people sharing results of fluid tests both used and new and a discussion of alternative aftermarket fluids from companies like Redline, Amsoil and the like. I really can't believe we've wasted all this time debating something so obvious to me.

Let me suggest this: for anyone who wants to change their fluid, sometime/anytime, please stay engaged in the discussion here in this thread. For anyone who has resigned themselves to "following the book", please leave now, you don't belong in this thread anymore since it is obvious from comments made that it does not apply to you and overall the discussion has become completely unproductive and has started to get personal which really isn't desirable/tasteful/appropriate.

Andrew
Old 09-21-10, 03:01 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,238 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Guys this thread is closed both for now being off topic and for having some EXTREMELY immature responses and personal attacks.

I will expect those issues not to carry over to other threads in this forum, or member access will be restricted.

Please help the moderator team when threads like this degrade by pushing the 'report a post' button so we can review and take action if needed. Perhaps it could have been turned around sooner and would still be open with better discussion as Andrew suggested in the post above.