LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430
View Poll Results: What Will CarGuy Buy Today?
Silver LS430 in Northwest Indiana
9.09%
Flint Mica LS430 in Illinois
18.18%
Another LS430
4.55%
A car other than a LS430
13.64%
He'll eventually buy a LS430, but not today
22.73%
Nothing - he's just a troll yanking our collective chains
31.82%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

What Will CarGuy Buy?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-10 | 07:45 PM
CarGuy89
Lexus Test Driver

^Wow she is absolutely stunning!!! Beautiful ride you have there! I love those wheels so much, thought the 17s look pretty good too. Enjoy the sweet ride. I still have to wait till Sat.
Old 08-26-10 | 08:34 PM
Jabberwock

Congrats - a very nice looking car. Take good care of it and it will very likely take good care of you.
Old 08-26-10 | 08:38 PM
CarGuy89
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Jabberwock
Congrats - a very nice looking car. Take good care of it and it will very likely take good care of you.
Thanks for the complement. Definitely planning on babying it like crazy. My friends already make fun of me for babying my 3 series, the ridiculing will never cease with this car lol.
Old 08-26-10 | 09:01 PM
Playdrv4me
Lead Lap

Excellent choice but honestly, I already knew that was the one!
Old 08-26-10 | 10:29 PM
CarGuy89
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Playdrv4me
Excellent choice but honestly, I already knew that was the one!
I would be shocked if you didn't It's pretty crazy how much we have in common. Great minds think alike right?
Old 08-27-10 | 03:27 AM
CarGuy89
Lexus Test Driver

Dang I woke up at 6 am and I can't fall asleep again. I am so excited to pick this car up!

I figured I should give the dealer some credit too so here goes:
Dealer is Bredmann Lexus in Glenview, IL. They are a large Lexus dealer with tons of new and pre owned cars. My salesman, Michael Kim, was always polite, honest, and fun to work with. He even went out his way to show me each vin number on every panel. He also told me that this dealer only allows a car to become cpo'ed if it has never been in an accident. I am extremely satisfied with the level of professionalism and courtesy I was given. I highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a new/used Lexus.
Old 08-27-10 | 03:59 AM
GoodRevs
Instructor

I'm up early too, waiting for my dentist appointment at 8am, the only timeslot available before I leave for school Sunday. Good luck with your car purchase, it's a great feeling going to pick up a new to you car. Post pics up for us when you have it.
Old 08-27-10 | 04:45 AM
CarGuy89
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks man! I definitely will try to get better ones. Those were just snapped with my phone before I left. What are you studying/majoring in? You have a lot of cars for a student lol.
Old 08-27-10 | 07:42 AM
mewhee
Pole Position

CarGuy Wins !

Congratulations, CG, you've hit the jackpot and none too soon, I might add. Many of us have been on the edge of our monitors waiting for your decision.

It's been a hoot watching your search saga. Am glad it turned out so well and most important, that you're happy w/ your decision. Have a hunch we've not heard the last from you in terms of detailing the future progression of your purchase.

Btw, don't ever lose your sense of humor and infectious humility. It will carry you far in life ...

Good driving -

Will and the Fur Crew in the OC
Old 08-27-10 | 07:57 AM
votru
Lead Lap

I laugh when saw the title and gonna vote troll option but after reading.............congrats on the purchase, beautiful car .
Old 08-27-10 | 12:07 PM
CarGuy89
Lexus Test Driver

@mewhee: Thanks a lot for those kind words! I really couldn't be happier with my choice. However, I do feel that without your words of wisdom, I wouldn't have made such a good decision. So thanks again to you and everyone who helped! Life is just so much more with a good sense of humor, which you along with everyone else on here has

@votru: Thanks man! Yes I know I probably sounded like a troll at first. I did have a friend who had a 2004 UL back in high school, so I'm not the youngest person with an LS lol.
Old 08-27-10 | 12:11 PM
mndaves
Driver

Congratulations!

I had voted silver but mostly because that's the best color...

Glad you found what you were looking for. I, too, enjoyed reading about your search. Was almost as much fun as following Caddy's search late last year into early this year.

Good luck with your new baby!
Old 08-27-10 | 02:47 PM
GoodRevs
Instructor

Originally Posted by CarGuy89
Thanks man! I definitely will try to get better ones. Those were just snapped with my phone before I left. What are you studying/majoring in? You have a lot of cars for a student lol.
The '01 ES and Cadillac are mine, the other two are the parents. You too seem to be doing pretty well though for our age group, the current 3 series is sharp + an LS430, that's a good lineup. When I was looking at daily drivers to replace the Cadillac last Fall I really liked the 3LS but the prices kept me away, wicked nice cars no doubt. I'm studying Criminal Justice, how about you?
Old 08-27-10 | 04:50 PM
CarGuy89
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mndaves
Congratulations!

I had voted silver but mostly because that's the best color...

Glad you found what you were looking for. I, too, enjoyed reading about your search. Was almost as much fun as following Caddy's search late last year into early this year.

Good luck with your new baby!
Hehe I see you are biased tho Silver is awesome, my 3 was titanium silver and I loved it. It was my 1st choice, but I had never seen flint mica in person and thought it was gorgeous! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed my thread. I am looking forward to helping out others who many be considering the same car.

Originally Posted by GoodRevs
The '01 ES and Cadillac are mine, the other two are the parents. You too seem to be doing pretty well though for our age group, the current 3 series is sharp + an LS430, that's a good lineup. When I was looking at daily drivers to replace the Cadillac last Fall I really liked the 3LS but the prices kept me away, wicked nice cars no doubt. I'm studying Criminal Justice, how about you?
Good stuff! Yes I have been extremely lucky to have had such great cars. The 3 was really a driver's car (I don't have the 3 anymore, sold). The Lexus is definitely more isolating but still very good to drive, almost effortless. I will definitely enjoy the car. Sounds like you got a good lineup as well. The ES is a fantastic luxury car and the Caddy is a comfy DD. The '01 was the best year for the ES. I'm studying pre-med.
Old 08-27-10 | 09:01 PM
Tee

Congrats on a great looking 430!

Quick Reply: What Will CarGuy Buy?