ViPCeo
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mines are both empty LOL
Old 09-10-10, 08:09 AM
yuri.ber
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

In the drivers drawer I keep extra $30-40 just in case and passenger one I use for different receipts. I don't use car wash - I wash my baby myself so I'm not concerned about carwash people stealing something.
Old 09-10-10, 09:44 AM
GLIDESUL
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I put my ipod in drivers side when I leave the car, but not overnight. Then when I wanna hide little things from wifey that's a ideal spot she doesn't know about it to my knowledge.
Old 09-10-10, 10:39 AM
DDLexus
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

I really think the Griots Garage spray smells the best. I spray an old car wash sponge (2"x2"x1") once a month and it is intoxicating!

http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/...t,+4+ounces.do

BTW, i've also tried Yankee Candle Company car gels... last a long time, but the leather smell isn't as good as Griots.

Last edited by DDLexus; 09-10-10 at 01:36 PM.
Old 09-10-10, 10:40 AM
McSwine
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Drawers? What drawers?
Old 09-10-10, 10:51 AM
thinkin
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by McSwine
Drawers? What drawers?
Below the bottom cushion of each front seat, in the front in the hard plastic area - go check them out!

In the "weird things I didn't realize my car had" category, also take a closer look at that little piece above your rear view mirror that swivels down to block the sun coming in above the mirror...
Old 09-10-10, 11:31 AM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by GLIDESUL
I put my ipod in drivers side when I leave the car, but not overnight. Then when I wanna hide little things from wifey that's a ideal spot she doesn't know about it to my knowledge.
I have my ipod there with the cable running on the side of the console.

I stuff the service records on the right side

Originally Posted by DDLexus
leather scented air freshener in mine
hmmm, that's a neat idea
Old 09-10-10, 11:55 AM
Slvr surfr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Things of monetary value, unmentionables, and condoms!
Old 09-11-10, 01:52 PM
slclexus
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Small bottle of Dawn dishwashing liquid ... you never know when you'll need to scrub a pot - but seriously we all know it's the best and cheapest car wash soap out there. Various cig lighter/electric gizmo cords and adapters; most related to multiple radar detectors. And then the usual suspects: snot rags, Lifesavers, plastic dental picks, spray and wipe cloth for glasses, etc., etc.
Old 09-11-10, 02:18 PM
Lust4Lexus
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by slclexus
Small bottle of Dawn dishwashing liquid ... you never know when you'll need to scrub a pot - but seriously we all know it's the best and cheapest car wash soap out there. Various cig lighter/electric gizmo cords and adapters; most related to multiple radar detectors. And then the usual suspects: snot rags, Lifesavers, plastic dental picks, spray and wipe cloth for glasses, etc., etc.
uuuh. dawn is a great soap to use when you want to strip the car completley before a detail. Do not use Dawn as a go-to soap for regular washing, it is NOT a substitute for carf wash soap.
Old 09-11-10, 07:25 PM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Wallet

Originally Posted by Jabberwock
I put my wallet in there on long drives and road trips. Most of the time I forget they are there.
Wallet? You must have one credit card and two crisp bills. I got like 20 credit cards and receipts that make this my wallet of debt instead of funds. It can barely fit in the glove box...
Old 09-12-10, 08:19 AM
Jabberwock

Received 205 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexusAnja
Wallet? You must have one credit card and two crisp bills. I got like 20 credit cards and receipts that make this my wallet of debt instead of funds. It can barely fit in the glove box...
Yep I have spent the last 30 years slowly but surely figuring out exactly how few cards and other crap I can carry in a wallet and still function. I think it is because I sit on my butt for work so much that I developed pain from sitting on a wallet with too much stuff in it. BTW - I have specifically noticed the LS430 seat is way more comfortable when I not sitting on my wallet.

I carry exactly 4 cards and 1 paper business card with various acct numbers written on it from other cards. Paper receipts only go in the wallet temporarily and then out into my desk on a weekly basis.

In terms of cash I rarely have more than a 5-6 paper bills with me - usually $20-30 max. Years ago I used to carry at least $100, but nowadays with an ATM every 37 feet, I feel like I'm not far from cash in an emergency. Also been using one of the smaller model Coach wallets for 25 years. So the whole deal fits easy in the driver drawer with room for my cell phone. ...sound a little OCD?...guilty as charged.

To the original question the drawer is also where my standard everyday carry Syderco Delica goes in the rare cases when I take the car to the airport so it doesn't get seized by the TSA folks.....usually wifey drives me.

Last edited by Jabberwock; 09-12-10 at 08:47 AM.
Old 09-12-10, 08:29 AM
mewhee
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thx to DDLexus, have ordered some of the Groits Leather Scent which seems to get the best reviews. As the site points out and DDLexus says, just spritz a small sponge w/ some of it and you're good for a coupla weeks. Here you can get it w/ free shipping (rare for small $ packages) :
http://www.autoanything.com/car-care/69A4704A0A0.aspx

Here's another link to the same site where you can get Lexus car wash soap (not a finish stripper like Dawn) in a 16oz size w/ free shipping too:
http://www.autoanything.com/car-care...een=4182282946

Hope this helps -

Will and the Fur Crew

Last edited by mewhee; 09-12-10 at 09:23 AM.
Old 09-12-10, 08:53 AM
kg19989
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Jabberwock
Yep I have spent the last 30 years slowly but surely figuring out exactly how few cards and other crap I can carry in a wallet and still function. I think it is because I sit on my butt for work so much that I developed pain from sitting on a wallet with too much stuff in it. BTW - I have specifically noticed the LS430 seat is way more comfortable when I not sitting on my wallet.

I carry exactly 4 cards and 1 paper business card with various acct numbers written on it from other cards. Paper receipts only go in the wallet temporarily and then out into my desk on a weekly basis.

In terms of cash I rarely have more than a 5-6 paper bills with me - usually $20-30 max. Years ago I used to carry at least $100, but nowadays with an ATM every 37 feet, I feel like I'm not far from cash in an emergency. Also been using one of the smaller model Coach wallets for 25 years. So the whole deal fits easy in the driver drawer with room for my cell phone. ...sound a little OCD?...guilty as charged.

To the original question the drawer is also where my standard everyday carry Syderco Delica goes in the rare cases when I take the car to the airport so it doesn't get seized by the TSA folks.....usually wifey drives me.
Jabber... you should carry one of these. I had to give up a wallet because it was killing my sciatic NERVE. Carrying this has done wonders.
Name:  203207_lg.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  12.5 KB
Old 09-12-10, 08:57 AM
kg19989
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mewhee
Thx to DDLexus, have ordered some of the Groits Leather Scent which seems to get the best reviews. As the site points out and DDLexus says, just spritz a small sponge w/ some of it and you're good for a coupla weeks. Here you can get it w/ free shipping (rare for small $ packages) :
http://www.autoanything.com/car-care/69A4704A0A0.aspx

Hope this helps -

Will and the Fur Crew
Ok... I clicked the link and then ordered. I will post next week after I have had a chance to use it.

Quick Reply: Front seat drawers...