LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

LS430 Mark Levinson BYE BYE!!!!SO GONE!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-10, 11:16 PM
430LS04
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Just to clear the air...

I'm not on here trying to be better than anyone on this forum i'm just sharing the different things that i've done to my car, and giving you a idea on how to change your TOP OF THE LINE ML SYSTEM if that is what you want to do. Beat-sonic is the only Jap. company I know that sells the indash grey, or wood kit with the wire harness that will totally replace the Mark L. system, to where you can still use ur factory Navi. and steering wheel buttons, If you find it anywhere else (Cheaper 300$) let me know.
Old 11-24-10, 03:11 AM
RomanTPA
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by 430LS04
just put in the year of the lexus you have.

where? im really confused now lol. all i can figure out is what "kind" of accessorie i can get, but im still not sure what it does exactly =(

so its like vias tech ?

Last edited by RomanTPA; 11-24-10 at 03:17 AM.
Old 11-24-10, 03:26 AM
warminwisc
Lexus Champion

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

I am glad you like your setup, must sound great!! How much did this all cost, time and labor?
Old 11-24-10, 04:17 AM
Rspencer55
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So you post on a public forum a rather radical makeover to your sound system and dash and then you're surprised that people told you what they felt about this? I thought that the "haters" were rather quite restrained and polite in their remarks. It's your car and you can do whatever you want to it but you have to expect contrary opinions - its just a part of life. If you like it and can afford it, that's the important thing.

Originally Posted by 430LS04
i've never seen so much hatin in my life....do what u do to your car and if you want to ride around carring luggage or food in your trunk so be it. I perfer pioneer deck/jl audio woofer and amps over cheap azz ml any day..if you know anything about car audio u would know that a real ml system sounds much better then those paper cones u bumping in ur car. Go get you some real speakers and a real deck then talk smack..do ur research before you talk. Don't hate cause you have that wack ml system and you can't figure out how to get rid of it. When that so called woofer in your rear window starts cracking and poppin hit me up and i'll direct you to where to trash the whole ml system...till then please keep anything negitive to yourself....
Old 11-24-10, 05:11 AM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

So which unit is the "backup?" Now you have no excuse for getting lost...

I'm not into that much wood, but I would say it's better than having some cheap black plastic insert instead. Atleast it matches pretty close.

As for Caddy's point, I agree that I'd rather have the trunk space, but it doesn't look like you're going to the golf range to blast your system any time soon...
Old 11-24-10, 05:57 AM
Jabberwock

Received 205 Likes on 168 Posts

I think the custom audio systems can be very well done in any car done as long they stay within the realm of good taste and are not over done "cartoon" systems designed to draw attention rather than produce a fine well balanced high grade audio sound.

I see folks with the giant subwoofer box and chrome plated mega watt amps completely filling the trunk I honestly have to wonder do they actually think that a completely unbalanced mega bass speaker system actually sounds good?

Sorry but when it gets extreme it seems to me to be a transparent and annoying cry for attention rather than any audiophile inclination. Thump Bump Thump - oh yea we can hear them 50 yds away... and we are very impressed...but unfortunately not in a good way : )

In the end though I guess its different strokes for different folks - I can admire the ingenuity, craft, and effort but I don't have to admire the result especially when I can hear it 30 feet away thru my closed car windows.

Last edited by Jabberwock; 11-24-10 at 06:03 AM.
Old 11-24-10, 06:00 AM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I like the Mickey sitting on the "J" ...
Old 11-24-10, 09:00 AM
430LS04
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Rspencer55
So you post on a public forum a rather radical makeover to your sound system and dash and then you're surprised that people told you what they felt about this? I thought that the "haters" were rather quite restrained and polite in their remarks. It's your car and you can do whatever you want to it but you have to expect contrary opinions - its just a part of life. If you like it and can afford it, that's the important thing.
The opinons are ok...its just when you get foolishness...ok if you look at the box its not like it can't be taken out of the trunk if I wanted to remove it to put luggage or use the trunk when I really need the space. Two wires...wow how hard is it to just disconnect two speaker wires and boom...I have all my trunk space back....also the remark about the way it sound.... everyone has their opinon on what an how the way good music sounds to them...YES I like my music played loud and I like alot of BASS but not so loud that u can hear it 30ft away...its clean nice sound but the bass is there if you want to crank it up louder. Its NOT a cry for attention trust me. I just got back from Iraq working 3yrs and I could careless what someone thinks about my wants for my car..I earned it and like u said Its my car and i'm happy...like i said before i'm just sharing different things I've done to my car ...thanks again for the comments.
Old 11-24-10, 09:08 AM
430LS04
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ViPCeo
Looks good bro, same exact set like mines minus the trunk set-up Caddyowner, audio function is def. on the bottom(aftermarket unit) bluetooth can be both, if he wana keep it oem itz top screen or he can use the pioneer bluetooth, navi is both top and bottom also, BeatSonic ftw....430ls04, im guessing the only thing doesnt work also is ur Mode button right??
Thanks....nice to see i'm not the only one that changed out the ML System...

Last edited by 430LS04; 11-24-10 at 09:12 AM.
Old 11-24-10, 11:12 AM
RomanTPA
Lead Lap

and noone still answered my question :'(
Old 11-24-10, 12:08 PM
HiloDB1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

The Beat Sonic kit is an integration unit. It replaces the factory head unit and still allows use of the stock ML amp and nav system. From what I gather you loose some functionality of the stock controls. You need to get one of the accessory modules in order for you to display the images from your DD on your factory screen.
Old 11-25-10, 08:51 PM
RomanTPA
Lead Lap

what about a/c controls? (touch screen)
Old 11-26-10, 05:58 PM
ViPCeo
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Still control them from the oem screen.....wont loose any of those functions....also rear controls still works too!!
Old 11-27-10, 07:19 AM
Hudini
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like it! Did you change out the door speakers as well?

I am definitely going to do this when extra Benji's are available!
Old 11-29-10, 10:02 PM
Stu
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 44 Posts

I like my Lexus "premium" - but good for you getting something you like better.

Quick Reply: LS430 Mark Levinson BYE BYE!!!!SO GONE!!