LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Rear camber adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-11, 09:23 AM
Mr.Doback
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sojah
When I just changed from a stretched tire to a non stretched tire it definitely reduced the negative camber so I would also say the same holds true going the other way as well. If u run ona a super stretched tire it will force the car to have a little more negative camber, this can't be too good for anythin though.
That makes absolutely no sense....changing tires does not affect the angle of your control arms...Visually it looks less, but unless you had an alignment, camber does not change with a tire change.

HiloDB1 - The fronts have a cam bolt IIRC, and im also really really low on stock wheels, so that also can play a factor. I will try and scan my alignment sheet today and post up.
Old 07-22-11, 10:07 AM
HiloDB1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.Doback
HiloDB1 - The fronts have a cam bolt IIRC, and im also really really low on stock wheels, so that also can play a factor. I will try and scan my alignment sheet today and post up.
Well I guess the height you got your car aligned at is the difference. When I got my alignment I was maybe 1~1.5" lower then stock. I had him adjust the front to the max negative camber he could while still keeping the toe in check. I should have adjusted it down more before I had the alignment done
Old 07-22-11, 01:03 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That makes absolutely no sense....changing tires does not affect the angle of your control arms...Visually it looks less, but unless you had an alignment, camber does not change with a tire change.

So if it looks mor o rless visually ur saying this would not make a difference at all what soever if u measured it?? I find this hard to believe cuz I just had a lot more poke ona 20x10 with a 255 and now I have a lot less poke with a 275. How do u explain that?
Old 07-22-11, 01:07 PM
Mr.Doback
Driver

Correct, because you need to think of the suspension as moving parts. When you take your wheel off or change your wheel, that does not change camber.

So if you take off a tire and replace, in what way would that affect the angle of the upper or lower control arm, balljoints, tierods? Nothing is being adjusted by the removal or changing of the tire.
Old 07-22-11, 01:09 PM
Mr.Doback
Driver

Originally Posted by sojah
So if it looks mor o rless visually ur saying this would not make a difference at all what soever if u measured it?? I find this hard to believe cuz I just had a lot more poke ona 20x10 with a 255 and now I have a lot less poke with a 275. How do u explain that?
Did you lower it or raise it?
Old 07-22-11, 01:21 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Correct, because you need to think of the suspension as moving parts. When you take your wheel off or change your wheel, that does not change camber.

So if you take off a tire and replace, in what way would that affect the angle of the upper or lower control arm, balljoints, tierods? Nothing is being adjusted by the removal or changing of the tire.
I know what u r saying but something changed cuz my wheels don't stick out at all anymore, I will post up pics when I get on my computer later (I'm on phone right now). I did not lower or raise the car, purely swapped out tire sizes from 2555 to 275 in the rear only and it visually sits flat now (less negative camber) and before looked like it satmore on the inside of the tire and had more negative looking camber and the bottom of the wheel stuck out farther before than presently. The old 255's were toyo proxes T1r's and the 275's are nitto 555's if that tire makes any difference at all.
Old 07-22-11, 06:16 PM
GoldGS3
Pole Position

Need to follow up.

got 4-wheel alignment from a Lexus dealer. Tech says both rears are -1.8 camber and cannot adjust without control arms.

Both fronts are within spec.

I have stock suspension.
Old 07-23-11, 01:01 PM
Mr.Doback
Driver

-1.8 is within spec, camber is never 0 or less than -1 from factory....

Your just fine!
Old 08-02-11, 11:28 PM
mrsandman
Rookie

Whats the status on the release for these from FIGS?
Old 08-03-11, 03:38 AM
dejavu157
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

still waiting for some arms!
Old 08-03-11, 08:23 AM
Mr.Doback
Driver

whats the status on the prototypes?? I want to see some oni-camber!
Old 08-03-11, 10:02 AM
HiloDB1
Lexus Test Driver

whats the status on the prototypes?? I want to see some oni-camber!
Prototypes are already on my car and pics have already been posted
Old 08-03-11, 01:29 PM
jdbinspire
Driver

Originally Posted by HiloDB1
... waiting for these arms to be available so I can purchase me a set...

Last edited by jdbinspire; 08-03-11 at 01:31 PM. Reason: ...
Old 08-03-11, 02:02 PM
Mr.Doback
Driver

Originally Posted by HiloDB1
I already saw them installed on your car, however you gave zero information about them. What were you planning to achieve with these arms as well? Setting camber back to spec or going more aggressive?

If aggressive, how much and do you see toe becoming a limiting factor as well?
Old 08-03-11, 02:23 PM
HiloDB1
Lexus Test Driver

I already saw them installed on your car, however you gave zero information about them. What were you planning to achieve with these arms as well? Setting camber back to spec or going more aggressive?

If aggressive, how much and do you see toe becoming a limiting factor as well?
Zero info? I posted pics as well as my alignment specs But I guess that accounts for zero.

As for toe it will be a limiting factor when the stock adjustment can no longer compensate for the negative camber. At what point I do not know as what I have its a non issue.

Quick Reply: Rear camber adjustment