LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Ls430 foglights (yellow bulbs)

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-11, 07:18 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I never adjusted mine, just make sure they are properly seated and properly turned and tightened down. May be take one out and tey to reseat it to see if it becomes even. If ur stock bulbs didn't have an issue with being uneven these shouldn't either, ceterus parabus, unless maybe u bent the housing somehow.

Mine made heap big difference but wheni had the 6k I know they were annoyingly bright and when I drove past people on a sidewalk I could see them shielding their eyes at night. I believe the 3k is softer on the eyes of onlooking people and more beneficial and usable to me.
Old 01-21-11, 08:23 PM
AznRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Here in florida when it rain season its best to have yellow hids because of better lighting output on the road surface. But when its winter time i like the brightness of the 6000k. This is another reason why i got 2 set of bulbs to switch them out
Old 01-22-11, 05:32 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

at least you turn your lights on during a torrential downpour. i'm from central FL originally but i go back a few times a year and it seems like half the drivers just don't care anymore and i'm over here with my hazards on and all my lights and people come flying up with no lights on at all..

out in CO they just go 15 over the speed limit when the roads are covered in snow so same difference, cept in CO you can see what you are about to hit well in advance.
Old 01-22-11, 07:44 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by StanVanDam
Are those foglights in the above pics legal? How high up is the cut-off? They look nice and bright, but I'm wondering if they blind oncoming traffic when it's dark out.
Yes they are legal and they are aimed at factory specs, the beam pattern fills in under the low beams. Trust me they are hella bright without blinding on coming drivers.
Old 01-22-11, 08:26 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

i think the 460's and the 01-03 ls430's are much better suited for an hid conversion. for some reason the 04-06 fog housing shape being all thin and wide makes the hid beam go way far out to the side of the car. on a dark road instead of only being able to see like a cone that spreads out wider the farther away from the car you are in an 04-6 these hid's make it a really wide beam really close to the car too so its like a square visable area that the light touches instead of like a cone where it spreads out further and further.

like i mentioned if you drive by people on a sidewalk or even when passing cars on a highway when you get close up on them for example my front bumper is in line with their rear bumper these hid's in an 04-6 will light up the entire side of the other drivers car and you can make out exactly who is driving the car if they do not have tint. i have seen drivers put their hand up to cover their peripheral view if i were to sit one lane over and my front bumper is in line with their rear bumper. this was much worse with the 6k's and i have noticed that the 3k do not shine so bright but somehow seem to put out more usable distinctive light,, not sure how this works exactly but i hear there is a science to it.

i recommend the 3k over the 6k for this and a few other reasons. even though the 6k looks awesome to me the 3k seems a lot softer on the eyes and seems more useful and it just looks cool with the contrast,, sorta like a throwback to my old gs400 where it came stock with 5kish hid's in the lows and 3kish fogs (prolly more like 5200 and 3200) ...

Last edited by sojah; 01-22-11 at 08:30 AM.
Old 01-28-11, 11:53 AM
GLIDESUL
Lead Lap

Well I had my 3000ks in for about a week and there green already. They started changing like 4 days ago, sent them a email and they sent me new bulbs out just got em today (fast). Hope these hold up. Soon as snow clears up a bit ill change em out. Does cold weather play a part in them warming up for the correct color?
Old 01-28-11, 01:00 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

the first time i plugged them in it took a minute to warm up but i don't think it takes that long anymore. i do see blue white a lot better than yellow/green so for all i know they could be green. i am a little on the color blind side.
Old 01-28-11, 04:10 PM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Mine has a hint of green, then deep yellow when warming up, once they are warmed upped a nice 3000K temp. I have had no issues with the kit I'm using GL on your 2nd set of bulbs.