LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

need muffler replacement help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-11, 07:50 PM
flynnjon
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need muffler replacement help!

I've had a hole in my drivers side muffler for about 6 months that is slowly getting worse. I patched it with muffler cement once, but that only lasted a week or two since I drive my car hard. Emission test is due soon.

If I'm replacing one, i'm replacing both. Also would like to put some magnaflows or borla on if possible.

Also like to add tips, since I have a 2003 LS and currently don't have chrome one's. I've done a lot of web search and can't find anything execpt complete exhaust systems which I don't want to put the money out for.

If anyone knows what the best fit for just 2 new mufflers with tips and what's involved with installation? should I be looking for universal and if so what's the inlet diameter? I'll have a mechanic install if neccessary.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-24-11, 06:25 AM
GLIDESUL
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Keep in mind when changing muffler and tips on 01-03 ls you may wanna mod ur bumper too ( It doesnt have the exhaust tip cutouts in bumper. There's a couple a threads here on it. Magna flow tips ftw .
Old 02-24-11, 07:04 AM
McSwine
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go to your local muffler shop and see about getting some turbo mufflers put on (or Flowmaster, whatever). This will be by far your cheapest option.
Old 02-24-11, 01:55 PM
98cruiser
Rookie

Default Magnaflow mufflers

Originally Posted by flynnjon
I've had a hole in my drivers side muffler for about 6 months that is slowly getting worse. I patched it with muffler cement once, but that only lasted a week or two since I drive my car hard. Emission test is due soon.

If I'm replacing one, i'm replacing both. Also would like to put some magnaflows or borla on if possible.

Also like to add tips, since I have a 2003 LS and currently don't have chrome one's. I've done a lot of web search and can't find anything execpt complete exhaust systems which I don't want to put the money out for.

If anyone knows what the best fit for just 2 new mufflers with tips and what's involved with installation? should I be looking for universal and if so what's the inlet diameter? I'll have a mechanic install if neccessary.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Ok her you go, this is a link of my Magnaflow mufflers (only) I bought some universal mufflers from magnaflow, make you get offset, offset, and a custom muffler shop can put them on, let me know what you thing,

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...lers-pics.html
Old 02-24-11, 06:23 PM
flynnjon
Driver School Candidate

nice work 98cruiser. Do you know the inlet diameter? or any other specs? They look sweet, didn't even need to modify the bumper. It's exactly what I'm looking for.
Old 02-25-11, 08:19 AM
98cruiser
Rookie

Default mufflers

Originally Posted by flynnjon
nice work 98cruiser. Do you know the inlet diameter? or any other specs? They look sweet, didn't even need to modify the bumper. It's exactly what I'm looking for.
Thanks Fly, yes the size is 2 1/2 inlet and outlet, offset, offset.
here is the website link, I also got the longer one, which is an option, make sure you get your tips from you local parts store, (auto zone ect...) before you take it to the shop, dont go to a meineke or some well known shop, they will rip you off on the install, A custome shop would be better let me know the out come. glad to help out, this site have helped out many a time if you have more question send me a PM with your number and ill hit you up
http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/part..._Chamber/15000