LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

questions about voice commands

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-11, 08:45 AM
caddyowner
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

If you keep conversing with your car you won't hear the side window \ door creak.
Old 02-26-11, 11:25 AM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

there is a list somewhere and I'll post it if I find it.

thankfully, the touchscreen works pretty good, and I gave up on voice commands.
I tried English and Engrish and it's pretty crappy

bmw's voice recognition is pretty good......that's b/c their idrive is annoying
Old 02-26-11, 11:39 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i think mines came with the additional packages, but i believe its called the 'annoying passenger package' on mine .... and then its the "why aren't you listening to me",, well, i'm glad you asked, because i'm trying to single handedly save our lives in this dc traffic whilst you proceed to explain to me something that happened in a dream or on the lifetime channel. j/k or am i ¿¿¿
Old 02-26-11, 12:19 PM
caddyowner
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by sojah
i think mines came with the additional packages, but i believe its called the 'annoying passenger package' on mine .... and then its the "why aren't you listening to me",, well, i'm glad you asked, because i'm trying to single handedly save our lives in this dc traffic whilst you proceed to explain to me something that happened in a dream or on the lifetime channel. j/k or am i ¿¿¿
Originally Posted by caddyowner
I've tried to get the ejection seat commands to work, but nothing so far. My wife was not amused.
Let's work together to get this command to work.
Old 02-26-11, 12:36 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yes, lets... if only it would be like the jetsons where they would safely eject into their own self propelled module capsules and be transported to whatever antique, trader joes grocer, or amish store they wanted to stop by
Old 02-26-11, 12:56 PM
jac430
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To start with we have to make a system that can be used both for top ejection and for side ejection.
F.i. my LS430 does not have a moon-roof, so I would opt for the side ejection.
Furthermore there are certain levels of luxury we can or cannot use.
The door-closers (if applicable) could double as door-openers for one.
A small charge (like in the seat belt tensioners) has to be built into the seat belt fasteners to make ejection possible at all.
The moon roof does not allow ejection including the seat, so we should free the person as much as possible from restraints and retain as much hardware as possible in the car.

If we could just rotate the seat bottom (independent of the back) outwards, it might even be possible to eject through the (automatically lowered) side window. That could come in handy when there is not enough space to open the door. Or when the speed is too high to safely open the door.

To make it double safe, I feel that we should use the buttons on the steering wheel in cooperation with the required voice commands.

A nice project for the foreseeable future.
At this time I am already putting enough effort in trying to master the more usual voice commands....
Most of you are much more advanced in that, so it will basically be in your capable hands to come up with the right system approach and execution!

Jac
Old 02-28-11, 09:29 AM
monrovea
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jac430
Since there came no list of voice commands with my car, I decided to make a list myself with the aid of the voice recognition help screens.
The dealer said such a list was not available (in the Netherlands).
Standard voice command language is English, by the way.

The list I made (from photos of all help screens), differs from lists I find on the internet.

Now (finally) my question:
In how far is the list you can find under the "help" function complete?
Or does the system react correctly to a lot of other commands as well?
How to find out (other than try everything in the dictionary with multiple combinations...)?

To give an example: the list says "mark this point", but "mark" seems to work just as good.

My English pronunciation is most certainly not as good as yours, and sometimes I get a response from the system in which I cannot recognize anything I said, or at least thought I had said
So it would be nice to have a complete overview on beforehand.

Thanks for your assistance in this.

Jac
Too bad your dealer could not provide a list. I requested and got one from my dealer, the most common comands. But you know what... after the novelty wore off, and the frequent miscommunications, I find it is just easier to enter the request manually.