LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

First "Major" Repair - auto door closer

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-11, 05:16 AM
caddyowner
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Vpanin
Thats the feature I wish i had on my car ......power door closers are excellent. Dumb me didnt know that CL models existed. ...........caddyowner, you were the smartest shopper from what I seen on the forum.........you got a great deal on that car..........that was about two years ago too
Thanks, but I think others have done better. It came in under budget, but it wasn't the greatest deal evar (sic).

I bought it remotely in February, 2010 from a BMW dealer in Bellevue, WA. 2005 CL w/ 30.5K miles, flint mica / black. Our member Airtime stopped and took a bunch of pictures and I arranged to have the car delivered to Airtime's mechanic for an inspection. The dealer wanted $25.9K and we agreed on $25.5K plus about $900 shipping.

When the car arrived, there was a dent in the rear trunk lid that didn't show up in airtime's pics (I suspect it was damaged after he was there as he sent pics of other parts of the back of the car) and the radio controls on the left side of the steering wheel didn't work. If I would have personally inspected the car in the condition it was when I received it, I'm 90% sure I would have walked. The car went to the dealership for the needed 30K service and replacement of the radio controls. It then went to my local body shop for about $3.2K of work. I believe when all was accounted for, I spent about $31K for the car, plus 6% tax on $25.5K. Oh, and I also had to wait about 3 weeks for the title to arrive because the Washington DMV had a software problem and couldn't print titles on the new forms. I bought the car in the beginning of February but couldn't really start driving it until the beginning of April.
Old 04-22-11, 04:23 PM
Slvr surfr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

[QUOTE=Vpanin;6328434]
Originally Posted by Slvr surfr
Yes it would moved up and down slightly on its own while sitting at a light or parked. Its the little bearing in the rotating arm of the sensor that locked up causing the bracket to break and the headlights to point down. Atleast thats what happened to me. So for a temp fix, i somehow managed to rotate the partially frozen arm on the sensor so i can have a better aim of the lights. I also unmounted the whole sensor and tied it to the frame so it can stay connected. If unplugged, it will throw the AFS light on. Temporary solution until i purchase a new sensor and bracket. [/quotHow

great info my friend....thank you. How does the sensor look?? its on the rear left wheel right?
Its located on a bracket thats sits between the frame of the car and a moving part of the suspension on the rear left wheel. The front sensor is positioned similar but on the front left wheel.