LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Check S/T Lock Setting??????

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-11, 04:58 PM
2BENVD
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Check S/T Lock Setting??????

Don't mean to start another thread if my question has been answered somewhere already but after searching for a bit can't find the answer I'm looking for. Anyways, my folks just purchased an ls430 and the key less entry remote doesn't work, my dad tried to disconnect the battery and connected it again and for some reasons all the windows dropped ( rolled down ) and now everything including the car itself won't wart, only the dash lights up and says check says s/t lock setting, would appreciate some help/suggestions to resolve this problem, thanks

BTW, before this problem occurred my dad also replaced the key less remote and it still didn't work??
Old 05-22-11, 06:28 PM
GLIDESUL
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you go to the dealer to get the remote replaced and let them program it. What year is the ls .
Old 05-22-11, 07:42 PM
2BENVD
Lexus Champion

Its a 04 LS430, figured out how to get the car running but the remote won't close and open the car properly still, went to the dealer yesterday and they said that the doors aren't responding to the remote so they claim its some little motors in each door that stopped responding to the remote and they want $2,000 to fix it, go figure if anyone has ANY suggestions as how to get the remote to properly simply open and close the doors, let me know please
Old 05-23-11, 07:24 AM
airtime
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Just out of curiosity, did you check under the dash to see if the button has been enabled (where the volume control and tire reset button is also located)
Old 05-23-11, 08:36 AM
Jabberwock

Received 205 Likes on 168 Posts

Did the key open any of the doors when they bought the car? Has the smartkey always been broken since they owned it?

If one or more of the the door motor/actuators break, it would almost certainly break one door at a time. Does the smart key open none of the doors? If none, then its highly unlikely that all 4 actuators broke at same time. Take it to a Lexus dealer that has some expertise. If just one or two doors don't open then it may very well be a door actuator motor or cable. These can be fixed a lot cheaper without using dealer parts or labor but its a relatively complex task.
Old 05-23-11, 09:35 PM
2BENVD
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by airtime
Just out of curiosity, did you check under the dash to see if the button has been enabled (where the volume control and tire reset button is also located)
huh..interesting, mind elaborating on that, has that ever worked for you or any friends/acquaintances of yours?
Originally Posted by Jabberwock
Did the key open any of the doors when they bought the car? Has the smartkey always been broken since they owned it? ill try it out

If one or more of the the door motor/actuators break, it would almost certainly break one door at a time. Does the smart key open none of the doors? If none, then its highly unlikely that all 4 actuators broke at same time. Take it to a Lexus dealer that has some expertise. If just one or two doors don't open then it may very well be a door actuator motor or cable. These can be fixed a lot cheaper without using dealer parts or labor but its a relatively complex task.
idk my dad purchased the car down in Portland which is 120 miles away from Seattle, not sure whether he tested out the remote before. I called the previous owner though and told him the remote doesn't work, he said it worked for him (B.S) and doesn't know whats wrong. I think your right about the little motors going bad but the dealer wants 2k to fix it so thats not an option lol can you possibly send me a link or something that may help me fix it by myself, would appreciate anything. thanks
Old 05-24-11, 05:17 AM
caddyowner
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 2BENVD
huh..interesting, mind elaborating on that, has that ever worked for you or any friends/acquaintances of yours?
Wow, someone provides a valid suggestion and you disrespect him. Do a search and you will find out that the most common problems with the smartaccess are a dead battery in the fob or the system turned off under the dash. Look up under the dash above the accelerator with a flashlight and you'll see buttons to turn smartaccess on/off, reset the TPMS, and control the volume of the external alert beeps.
Old 05-24-11, 07:26 AM
airtime
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

That was pretty much my issue at the Lexus dealer when I bought my car. They gave me the key and said go for a test drive. I couldn't figure out why some of the functions would not work. Salesman didn't either and we both scratch our heads. A tech came over, reached under the dash and voila, all functions was now working. Not saying it would fix your issues but worth a try.
Just trying to help man.
Old 05-24-11, 04:23 PM
2BENVD
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by caddyowner
Wow, someone provides a valid suggestion and you disrespect him. Do a search and you will find out that the most common problems with the smartaccess are a dead battery in the fob or the system turned off under the dash. Look up under the dash above the accelerator with a flashlight and you'll see buttons to turn smartaccess on/off, reset the TPMS, and control the volume of the external alert beeps.
lol what? i wasn't trying to disrespect him at all, i just wasn't sure completely on what he suggested, just wanted more info so i can try out the tip, thanks for your suggestion tho, i appreciate it
Originally Posted by airtime
That was pretty much my issue at the Lexus dealer when I bought my car. They gave me the key and said go for a test drive. I couldn't figure out why some of the functions would not work. Salesman didn't either and we both scratch our heads. A tech came over, reached under the dash and voila, all functions was now working. Not saying it would fix your issues but worth a try.
Just trying to help man.
airtime, thanks alot for the help. not sure how or why my previous post seemed rude somehow, anyways i'll give it a try, seriously appreciate the feedback
Old 05-24-11, 04:52 PM
caddyowner
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

lol what? i wasn't trying to disrespect him at all, i just wasn't sure completely on what he suggested, just wanted more info so i can try out the tip, thanks for your suggestion tho, i appreciate it...
OK, man. Airtime is a righteous dude who jumped at my request to check out a LS430 in his area, uploaded about 50 pics, and provided the name of his independent Lexus mechanic for an inspection of what is now my car.

Good luck in diagnosing your dads problem.