LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

new pics

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-11, 10:13 AM
ViPCeo
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ur car always looks good man, simply clean...
Old 06-10-11, 10:44 AM
VIP=MONEY
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

20 x 8.5 (30mm) front 20 x 10.5 (42mm) rear
Tires: Falken 452 245/35/20 front 285/30/20 will this work on my LS430?:
Old 06-10-11, 11:39 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VIP=MONEY
20 x 8.5 (30mm) front 20 x 10.5 (42mm) rear
Tires: Falken 452 245/35/20 front 285/30/20 will this work on my LS430?:
depends on how low you are. if you are pretty low you may get some rubbing in the front (fender) when turning sharp or turning and hit a bump. again in the rear you may rub a little (inside fender liner) if lowered a lot but if not that low you should be golden. they will fit just fine, just may rub a little under certain circumstances and with a lot of weight in the car.
Old 06-10-11, 12:10 PM
VIP=MONEY
Rookie

I am thinking of lower the LS430 SPRINGS ONLY---EITHER EIBACH/OR TANABE Springs....WHICH DO U THINK IS BETTER....or which is lowest?? Now I hear that the car might sag in the rear a little bit because of the weight or just old shocks... Thank you for all your help and your car is looking very nice!
Old 06-10-11, 12:18 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

I am thinking of lower the LS430 SPRINGS ONLY---EITHER EIBACH/OR TANABE Springs....WHICH DO U THINK IS BETTER....or which is lowest?? Now I hear that the car might sag in the rear a little bit because of the weight or just old shocks... Thank you for all your help and your car is looking very nice!
i almost got the tanabe CS's for my previous gs400 but sold it and got the LS instead. i hear CS's are really great feeling but actually don't lower it that much. i wanted to go real low and the coilovers are a lot harsher than just the springs are for sure. not sure about sagging at all though.
Old 06-10-11, 12:21 PM
VIP=MONEY
Rookie

I am thinking with 1.0 all around should be fine and no rubbing with the set up I am going with... I use to have a gs430 ltuned and I slammed it pretty low. I just dont want to loose the comfort with the ls430. We have the same cars lol....Flint mica and I have blk interior and blk wood....is yours blk interior?
Old 06-12-11, 01:43 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

I am thinking with 1.0 all around should be fine and no rubbing with the set up I am going with... I use to have a gs430 ltuned and I slammed it pretty low. I just dont want to loose the comfort with the ls430. We have the same cars lol....Flint mica and I have blk interior and blk wood....is yours blk interior?
nope ^ ^ ^,, i went with the light tan or ecru or whatever its called. yeah i constantly battle the comfort vs looks fight myself... lately looks is winning, but i will be 30 soon
Old 06-12-11, 07:19 PM
breadbeat
Pole Position

Pics look great, hard to believe these were taken with a phone. You have some great scenery out there in annapolis. Offsets look great on the new wheels. When you get bored, maybe you can sell me these too.

here is a blast from the past...............see anything familiar??

I have some more pics here if you want to see themhttps://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...s-picture.html
Old 06-13-11, 04:36 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

awww man i seriously miss those old 19's. they look great on ur GS. are they still int he same condition?? would you be interested in a trade + some cash on a swap of those 19's for my new Trafficstar 20's seriously though?

how did you get the lips so damn shinny? i had them for like 2 years and i'm sure it was at least 2 years since before i had them that they looked that shinny. i actually had them high polished up 1 day for like 400 or 500 but like a week after they looked dull again, i was a little pissed at that expense...
Old 06-13-11, 05:34 PM
breadbeat
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sojah
awww man i seriously miss those old 19's. they look great on ur GS. are they still int he same condition?? would you be interested in a trade + some cash on a swap of those 19's for my new Trafficstar 20's seriously though?

how did you get the lips so damn shinny? i had them for like 2 years and i'm sure it was at least 2 years since before i had them that they looked that shinny. i actually had them high polished up 1 day for like 400 or 500 but like a week after they looked dull again, i was a little pissed at that expense...
Thanks for the offer but im broke as a joke right now. Plus I want to do a few other things before I think about changing up my wheels.

But you wouldnt believe the bad luck I've had with these wheels. So I got these in like the end of fall, and then winter rolls around. And I drive with them on my car all winter like an idiot. Every time I look at my car I think, "Its too cold to polish my wheels,I'll just wash off that disgusting black residue when it gets warmer". Nah man, that stuff was on there like concrete.

Then I crush both front wheels in two different potholes at the same time bending them both. One was bad enough to cause an air leak.

Then I got some 15mm spacers to push the wheels out a little more. Install the spacers and go for a test drive, make a right turn that I have made a thousand times and BOOM, curb the right rear! A spot on the lip like 8 inches long. So that was the final straw, I put my stock wheels back on and had my boy take the tires off and I spent a total of about 3 or 4 hours PER WHEEL Filing out the curbies sanding off the nasty black stuff and polishing my *** off.

I finished off the wheels in 2000 grit sandpaper and polished them with mothers aluminum polish and some cheap buff wheels from harbor freight.
These things looked like a piece of chrome when I was finished! But a week later they got dull. Oh well, Who said looking good was easy
Old 06-14-11, 08:02 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

i know exactly what you mean about having bad luck with wheels. sucks that you had so many issues. i've had the same happen with dullness after a short period of time but i've heard of some having a finish put on them that will keep the shine but i'm not sure how or what its called... good luck with your car,
Old 08-02-11, 07:04 PM
Milan
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sojah
20x9 +30 (no spacer, none needed in my opinion, shaved fenders); 20x10 +35 (15mm spacer, shaved fenders) flush...
In the rear, is that 35mm with the spacer or 20mm?
Old 08-02-11, 07:07 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

that is niiice!
Old 08-03-11, 05:36 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Milan
In the rear, is that 35mm with the spacer or 20mm?
35mm offset without the spacer and then added the 15mm spacer.

now i am running 275x30x20 tire in the rear and I took off the 15mm spacer and put on a 5mm spacer. almost the same tire position but a little less aggressive looking and feeling.

thanks jadu.

i guess i have x2 lightly used toyo proxes t1r's 255x30x20 for sale now, and will be putting up the for sale thread soon.
Old 08-03-11, 10:16 AM
tico
Driver School Candidate

Car looks amazing! I love that stance.

I don't know if you already mentioned it, but what coils are you running?

Thanks.

Quick Reply: new pics