Just hit 60K!!! Alignment Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-11, 10:47 AM
Lust4Lexus
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Just hit 60K!!! Alignment Question

Hello all!

I just hit 60K and brought the 430 in for some TLC. I had the 60K service done at Lexus, because the Service manager was kind enough to do it free of charge due to a prior inconvenience. This is what was done.

Oil Change with synthetic
Air filters (engine and cabin)
Roadforce Balancing
Tire rotation
Brake fluid Flush
AC and sunroof drain tubes cleared out
4 wheel alignment
New keyfob battery
New wiper inserts
Fuel Injector cleaner (probably just some techron or something-not a real cleaning)

Full inspection of the vehicle top to bottom (supposedly)

Well, I must say, this car is an absolute dream. I have owned it for 15k miles and when I bought the car, the last time an alignment was done was at 30K according to Lexus. So it had not been aligned in 30K miles.

According to the tech, the car was in pretty good alignment before the service and he gave me a print out of pre and post measurements. I know it sounds crazy, but the car really felt amazing after the alignment. The steering wheel was also centered better as it was a little lopsided before when going straight. (this may be the biggest influence on my feeling of improvement) Many values on the sheet barely budged. A slight variation here and there, but I guess it all adds up.

Anyway, just wanted to share, as I feel like I got a new car even though I had relatively minor things done to it, but I guess those things are pretty important aspects of the performance of the car.
Old 06-21-11, 11:02 AM
warminwisc
Lexus Champion

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

how much 6 bills?
Old 06-21-11, 11:09 AM
Lust4Lexus
Advanced

Originally Posted by warminwisc
how much 6 bills?
500 +tax but they took care of me and did it on the house for a past issue.
Old 06-21-11, 11:26 AM
caddyowner
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Sounds great. If you can get them to extend the same courtesy for the 90K service, then you'd really have something.
Old 06-21-11, 11:33 AM
Lust4Lexus
Advanced

Originally Posted by caddyowner
Sounds great. If you can get them to extend the same courtesy for the 90K service, then you'd really have something.
Very true! These guys have been really great though. They even put on a brand new set of Michelin MXV4's on my car when they could not smooth the car out with the dunlops. They have really taken good care of me! The 90k Service includes the timing belt right? Well, In essence they took care of the timing belt at 50k becaause of a strange ticking noise coming from the engine. During the repair they had to take it off and so it was replaced along with the tensioner, so they at least bought me some major time. The car runs like silk and is a pleasure to drive on all counts now.
Old 06-21-11, 12:16 PM
Jabberwock

Received 205 Likes on 168 Posts

Sounds great. Lexus service is expensive but they will stick by their work. They also will do the right thing when they screw up if you know enough to ask for reasonable compensation in a productive manner. They volunteered a free syn oil change because they mistakenly charged me for 12 quarts of oil instead of 6 quarts on an oil change invoice. I noticed the error when paying, the cashier at first tried to argue, then realized the mistake when I explained the difficulty of getting 12 quarts of oil into a Toyota V8, and corrected the bill. On the way out I went back to my service writer and told him that I felt this was very sloppy service and that my wife would have just paid the incorrect bill which would have seriously toasted me, so he volunteered to just comp the whole charge.
Old 06-22-11, 10:11 AM
Vpanin
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Which NY dealer is this????
Old 06-22-11, 12:10 PM
Lust4Lexus
Advanced

I wish it was in NY. It was out in Jersey. Ray Catena. They have the best service dept. I make the trip just to not have to go to my Local Lexus dealer as they are bad news from every angle. I'm so glad that they never returned my call and I was forced to look elsewhere for a CPO LS. Sure my service place is an hour away, and I have to pay 50 bucks in gas and tolls just to say hello to them, but it's worth it in the long run. They do very good work, and most of all, respect my vehicle and treat it with kid gloves because they know how well I care for my car. People always comment on how pristine my 05 LS is. Most of the other LS's that are there are not as well cared for as mine.