LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Allow me to intoroduce myself..

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-11, 11:32 AM
InfamousLS
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Allow me to intoroduce myself..

Sorry had the Jay Z song stuck in my head.

Whats going on guys, just wanted to introduce myself to ClubLexus. Im far from a noob on the car sceen. i previously built a fully built race/show mitsubishi. it was JDM'd out. (Bride interior - Carbon body - all jdm engine parts - caged - fuel cell - etc.)

I just graduated college and finally got a big boy job and needed a big boy car. sticking with my obession for all things import and the ability to mod i chose the VIP route.

I just recently purchased a 2004 LS430 Silver with black interior. I beilieve it is the basic model seeing as it has no nav or motorized rear seats. It has 90K on it and i bought it CPO from the lexus dealer (thier considered like a top dealer or some BS like that) for $13,500 (which i think is a steal with it being one owner before me and in mint condition)

So far ive ordered a few interior items to quench my hunger (fusa and tusuna, neck pads hip pads)

My plan is to go JDM of course with a very clean lip kit clean big face rims and a slight drop. other things will include a new exhaust, big brake kit, and of course garson or JP interior items.

I will be posting pics on here shortly as well as build pics. I am leaving this up for discussion. I would like peoples input of which items to go for. so far im pretty set on 3 rims to choose from [Work wheels (2) weds (1)] however i need help with exhaust, lip kit (or body kit but it needs to be clean) and suspension.

the interior is under way with alot of JP and garson products. i will do a low tint (35) on all windows and will be eventually wrapping the head liner and pillars in black bride fabric. should be an exciting build and i would love for everyones input.

Feels good to be apart of ClubLexus (ihave horrible spelling but 3 degrees in mathematics so i dont wanna hear any retarded coments on my lack to spell check lol - or childhood overuse of it causing me to be a horrible speller)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/190/photo1vv.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/849/photo2pm.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/849/photo2pm.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/233/photo4sn.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/41/photo5od.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/857/photo6kh.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/96/photo7la.jpg/

Last edited by InfamousLS; 06-24-11 at 09:53 AM.
Old 06-23-11, 11:57 AM
CarGuy89
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats and welcome! You got an absolute steal, can't believe you can pick up a mint 04 for so cheap, and with CPO (I didn't even know they still CPO'ed 04s). If you've been a lurker here, you know the drill....pics!!
Old 06-23-11, 12:00 PM
LRoy430ul
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I knew the spelling would be bad after reading the title j/k. Welcome, and looking forward to see the pics. Im jealous of the price you paid, 10k less than I paid 2 years ago.

Where did you get the JP Hip Pads from?
Old 06-23-11, 12:29 PM
caddyowner
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by InfamousLS
... I just recently purchased a 2004 LS430 Silver with black interior. I beilieve it is the basic model seeing as it has no nav or motorized rear seats. It has 90K on it and i bought it CPO from the lexus dealer (thier considered like a top dealer or some BS like that) ...

(ihave horrible spelling but 3 degrees in mathmatics ...
Welcome. Check your warranty as current Lexus CPO is restricted to 6 years old or newer and under 70K miles. The only exceptions may be some older CPO cars that were previously sold as CPO when the warranty was transferable to subsequent buyers.

Spelling... mathmatics (sic)... priceless.
Old 06-23-11, 01:06 PM
InfamousLS
Pit Crew

haha yea i aim to please. im doing this at work so im kindda rushing thru the typing. I got the hip pads from autofashion. The JP stuff is becoming harder and harder to find. garson quality is amazing but its big $$$$$. Ill have pics posted up by tomorrow. As far as the warranty they sold the car with a 3 month XXX mile warranty but i made them up the time frame and milage when i told them id be buying it out right and i worked at a bank and could bring it in a bank check or crisp 100$'s lol.
Old 06-23-11, 02:44 PM
Dirtyd210
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cash is king..... I like how you wheeled and dealed'em.....

i paid for mine with $20 dollar bills........ ha ha

good buy, hope it does you as well as mine has done me....
Old 06-24-11, 11:43 AM
InfamousLS
Pit Crew

Pics posted. Sry they were taken with my phone. Cash is most deff king. I need help on and Exhaust and suspension kit. Deff wanna mayb go with a dual exhaust of course but with a more boxy tip kindda like the new LS600. as far as suspension, i dont want to air bag it and i dont really want to harm ride quality too much so im thinking of getting a coilover set dropping it about 1.5" all around. I know the big players like Tein, Cusco, Etc. but id like to hear a few opinions and ideas. also lip kits people!!!! lol.
Old 06-24-11, 11:50 AM
InfamousLS
Pit Crew

heres a few teaser shots of my last build.
All work was done by me except balancing the tires. every single thing else was done out of thsi garage with mostly hand tools. about 3 months building the widebody, another 6 months on the engine shave.

Im out of the whole race theme so im going to be spraying it all gloss black and getting black rims... goal will be to make it clean.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/189/eclb.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/813/ecl1.jpg/
Old 06-24-11, 01:26 PM
InfamousLS
Pit Crew

oh and more importantly.... how can i get a signature!?!?
Old 06-24-11, 01:42 PM
parkerjs
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That strikes me as a deal of monumental proportions... Congrats!

Cash will only get you so far... are you dating the daughter of the dealership owner?...lol.
Old 06-24-11, 01:52 PM
InfamousLS
Pit Crew

hahaha na im a privet banker so i understand sales man very easily.. its a dealership and this was a new dealer that brought the car in on trade. you could tell they were a lil pissed to have it seeing as the pre-own lot has cars mainly 07'+ and it had been there for a while. with those factors in mind i began my deal. lol. i say 13K before taxes and fees. still a great deal and i cant be happier with the car. always have drivin 4cyl turbos so im pleased with the V8 even tho its NA. one thing that does get to me is acceleration is lagging but this is a cruiser so i dont mind. if i want speed ill take out the mitsu.
Old 06-24-11, 02:18 PM
parkerjs
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL....yes.... the car does weigh 4000 pounds. It does get to galloping pretty well for a big car though.

VERY nice deal !!
Old 06-24-11, 02:29 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus
Forum Moderator

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

sounds like you got big plans. gl on the build and clean ride
Old 06-24-11, 04:36 PM
06~ULTRA
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

welcome, from where r u in nj?
Old 06-24-11, 05:12 PM
caddyowner
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Watch out for those imageshack links - they launch all kinds of other windows.

Quick Reply: Allow me to intoroduce myself..