LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Speaking of Trim Levels

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-11, 09:33 PM
mannye
Pit Crew

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Speaking of Trim Levels

and how conscious we are of them... (by the way I agree...we are more than LS 400 and 460)

What the heck trim is mine? I have the Nav, the A/C seats, a little tag that says "sport" suspension, Levinson, almost everything the UL has except the rear massage (where they hide the massage girl I'll never know) and the laser cruise. It also has the keyless start and rear camera.

Is it a CL? Is it a "Sport" Was the sport suspension an option on all trim levels?
Old 06-24-11, 09:47 PM
caddyowner
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Assuming you have an 04-06, it sounds like you have the Modern Luxury with the Sport Package. The Sport Package was only available on the ML and Premium levels during those years. (I assume that the sport suspension tag you mention is on the fender.)
Old 06-24-11, 09:53 PM
mannye
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by caddyowner
Assuming you have an 04-06, it sounds like you have the Modern Luxury with the Sport Package. The Sport Package was only available on the ML and Premium levels during those years. (I assume that the sport suspension tag you mention is on the fender.)
YES! Thank you! It's an '04 sorry for not including that! Yes the tag is on the fender and it has a snow/regular (I can't remember what it says)/power switch on the console that really makes a big difference in the way the car drives.

18 inch rims, which I am told make the ride a little stiffer and louder but look great for stock rims.

In the "power" mode it is surprisingly fleet of foot.

How do I tell the difference between "Premium" and "ML" ?
Old 06-24-11, 10:08 PM
caddyowner
Lead Lap

ML (Modern Luxury) has nav, backup camera, bluetooth, and Mark Levinson stereo. Premium has standard non-nav stereo with none of the above.

BTW, the 18" alloy wheels were included in the sport package.
Old 06-24-11, 10:23 PM
mannye
Pit Crew

NOW I can fill out my garage thing correctly. You rock!
Old 06-25-11, 03:55 AM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You know you don't have the rear seat goodies, so UL is out. Do you have headlamp washers? If so, then you might have a CL.
Old 06-25-11, 04:31 AM
caddyowner
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by AlexusAnja
You know you don't have the rear seat goodies, so UL is out. Do you have headlamp washers? If so, then you might have a CL.
He has the sport package and that was not available on the CL and UL trim levels in 04-06.
Old 06-25-11, 07:46 AM
ttran832
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What trim do you guys think I have? Its an "04, no Navi, 17 inch factory, cooled/heated seats, rear shade, leather of course.
Old 06-25-11, 09:04 AM
caddyowner
Lead Lap

^^
Premium
Old 06-25-11, 09:18 AM
ttran832
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^
Premium
Thanks bro.
Old 06-25-11, 07:14 PM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Not on UL

He has the sport package and that was not available on the CL and UL trim levels in 04-06.
Sure it wasn't an option for the CL trim? The UL has the air-suspension, so wouldn't want to downgrade to Sport, but I had always thought the sport was available on all other standard suspension setups. It was just a hard to find option.
Old 06-25-11, 07:34 PM
caddyowner
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by AlexusAnja
Sure it wasn't an option for the CL trim? The UL has the air-suspension, so wouldn't want to downgrade to Sport, but I had always thought the sport was available on all other standard suspension setups. It was just a hard to find option.
The disclaimer pages of the 04 and 06 sales brochures say something to the effect "Sport Package not available with Custom Luxury Selection or Ultra Luxury Selection packages." I didn't see that disclaimer in the 05 brochure.
Old 06-25-11, 07:44 PM
warminwisc
Lexus Champion

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

They are rare 04 and 05
Old 06-25-11, 08:13 PM
CarGuy89
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mannye
....I have the Nav, the A/C seats, a little tag that says "sport" suspension, Levinson, almost everything the UL has except the rear massage (where they hide the massage girl I'll never know) and the laser cruise. It also has the keyless start and rear camera.

Is it a CL? Is it a "Sport" Was the sport suspension an option on all trim levels?
Are you sure about the laser cruise? If so, then it seems you have CL and sport pack (I had no idea such a thing existed, but would be my first choice!). Do you have extended leather as well (on the dashboard, doors)?
Old 06-26-11, 12:39 AM
mannye
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by CarGuy89
Are you sure about the laser cruise? If so, then it seems you have CL and sport pack (I had no idea such a thing existed, but would be my first choice!). Do you have extended leather as well (on the dashboard, doors)?
I am sure I DO NOT have it, yes. It would truly suck to find out I had laser cruise after all my trips to the Keys and Orlando! LOL Is there some telltale feature that would ID laser cruise?

I will check about the leather, but I don't think so. The door panel insert might be, but I don't think the dash is.

Quick Reply: Speaking of Trim Levels