LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

First time Lexus owner delivered from Florida to Tucson today - pls help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-11, 08:30 AM
froboy272
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

got a picture of your steering wheel?
Old 07-06-11, 10:23 AM
slclexus
Rookie

Damn, man ... if this "dealer" pulled the ol' switcheroo on you, you definitely have legal recourse. Call your/their attorney general's state consumer protection division (may have slightly different name) and find out definitively what your rights are. The slime ***** (not saying these guys are) who do this sort of ***** are flat terrified of orgs like this.

Sitting here in SLC, UT, I'm getting the distinct impression you got gamed.

Hope that's not the case; and welcome to the best dang forum on the web.

Doc
Old 07-06-11, 05:39 PM
warminwisc
Lexus Champion

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Why do so many of these guys/gals start these quireys and not respond back. In this case it might be embarrassment?
Old 07-07-11, 07:29 PM
warminwisc
Lexus Champion

As this thread slips away let me ask again. How could you be so_______(fill in the blank) to have a 20 k car shipped across the country without having someone unbiased look at it. Is this a joke? I am going to call the dealer tomorrow to see if it is really sold.
Old 07-09-11, 06:00 AM
ttran832
Rookie

Originally Posted by TyBorg
Hi all, great site. Reading the stickys and the FAQs, but need some live help as well. Just took delivery off the truck of my 2002 LS430 tonight.

While the LS430 is everything I'd hoped, I'm not exactly happy with my specific car. Bought it from Stellar Autos in Pompano Beach FL. Subwoofer blown, telescopic wheel inoperable, steering wheel woodgrain cracked to bits, nav is version 1.0 from 2001. May paint the car, tons of bumps, bites, and bruises that dealer never listed. Tank was left bone-dry empty, I may run out of gas on way to station. None of this was disclosed, presented as like-new condition in every way. Nice guys.

Anyway, already have Volo v12 chip, Injen intake, Blitz catback on the way. Wanting to upgrade to Azuka Belle 761 20's and Pirelli pZero Nero 245/35, too. Thoughts on repair list? So much of my budget tied up in upgrades, didn't expect paint to be a factor. Any ideas on how to get bang for the buck? I hate the thought of Maaco touching this amazing car.

Thanks for your help!!!
--Ty
Pm me your contact #. I think I can help you out bro.
Old 07-09-11, 11:24 AM
warminwisc
Lexus Champion

I just called "bro". The car is still on the lot. Claims these are pictures of the car "absolutely beautiful".
Old 07-11-11, 07:54 AM
TyBorg
Driver School Candidate

Default Thanks for all the "support" guys...

This is not a joke. I'm new to the forums, and I thought I had it set up to get alerts when somebody replied to my thread. Imagine my surprise when I read a week's worth of activity this morning...all without my participation.

As to the circumstances surrounding the sale: I spoke with an mobile auto inspector prior to purchase, but I was starting a new job here is AZ in less than a week, a position with strict attendance and punctuality rules, and I thought I was going to fly out, pick the car up, and drive it back. With the time frame so short, I just bit the bullet and bought the car without waiting for the inspection. Paid $17,200. It has 34,800 miles. So I saved enough that I can work on some of the problems.

For those who weren't impatient with me, thank you for your ideas and thoughts. Here is the web link to the car I purchased from Stellar:

http://www.stellarautos.com/detail-2...d-7153978.html

I took the car in the the local Lexus dealer for inspection first thing. Mechanically, they found a very sound car with a cracked serpentine belt, a cracked steering wheel, and a cracked owner. Oh, plus that pesky telescoping wheel (which makes whiney noises, so the motors are apparently working but stuck; ideas?). So I decided to keep her and get her up to my spec. Here's how:

I'm talking with a local woodworker who finishes in acrylic rather than lacquer about the steering wheel. Somebody on here mentioned alternating steel wool and tung oil, but I feel I better leave that to the experts.

I'm having a friend in a paint shop take a look at it when he gets back from vacation. Probably stick with stock color just for budgetary reasons (see below), but Shine body kit shipped today. Probably just corrective spray at this point. Anybody have ideas about trunk spoilers? Do I really have to but a 3M taped PUF spoiler for this?

All in all, I saved enough money on the purchase to have some fun with it. I'm putting in a sound system with native on-screen controls for an ipod, and I'm just gonna leave the ML head unit but punch up some amps and subs to liven things up. Injen Ram kit, Volo chip, Pulstar plugs, Blitz Nur Touring exhaust, all arriving this week. Limo tint is done. Wheels and tires later in the week.

I'll post pics when she's done. Advice appreciated.

Thanks guys!

Ty
Old 07-11-11, 07:57 AM
TyBorg
Driver School Candidate

Default Instant notification now engaged...