LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Lonely LS

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-11, 05:47 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

true story,, about 2 weeks ago my friend chris was coming back to his car (old 3 series bmw) and some guy had parked way way to close to the drivers side in a new accord and had left his windows all about an inch down. so my friend chris wrote a note that said "thanks *** hole.. i put my nuts all over your door handles by the way". and then slid the note in to the guys car window so he wouldn't see it till after he opened the car, then went back up to the apartment of his friends house and said they were smoking on the back porch for about 20 mins when they saw the guy come back for his honda. my friend said he got in his car and immediately started it up, then reached over and saw the note sitting on his passenger seat and read it,, he said next thing you knew the guy started flailing his arms and they could hear him whining like a little girl, and jumped out and then took out a towel out of his trunk and rubbed down all 4 door handles for about a min each handle then threw the towel back in the trunk cussing all loud and drove off.

my friend said he didn't actually put his nuts on the door handles but they all couldn't stop laughing for like 20 mins seeing this guys reaction. hopefully that is one less douche who will think again before parking so damn close to another persons car for no reason.
Old 09-02-11, 06:18 AM
DDLexus
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

funny story. Thanks for lightening the mood today!

I have a drunken beer story similar to that where all door handles were "painted" yellow. The guy came out to his car and grabbed the door handle to open it up and it was wet. He smelled his hand and then went ballistic. Good think he was one of the tennis puds vs. a high school football linebackers. This was back in high school (many years ago), but still makes me laugh thinking about it.
Old 09-02-11, 06:25 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by sojah
true story,, about 2 weeks ago my friend chris was coming back to his car (old 3 series bmw) and some guy had parked way way to close to the drivers side in a new accord and had left his windows all about an inch down. so my friend chris wrote a note that said "thanks *** hole.. i put my nuts all over your door handles by the way". and then slid the note in to the guys car window so he wouldn't see it till after he opened the car, then went back up to the apartment of his friends house and said they were smoking on the back porch for about 20 mins when they saw the guy come back for his honda. my friend said he got in his car and immediately started it up, then reached over and saw the note sitting on his passenger seat and read it,, he said next thing you knew the guy started flailing his arms and they could hear him whining like a little girl, and jumped out and then took out a towel out of his trunk and rubbed down all 4 door handles for about a min each handle then threw the towel back in the trunk cussing all loud and drove off.

my friend said he didn't actually put his nuts on the door handles but they all couldn't stop laughing for like 20 mins seeing this guys reaction. hopefully that is one less douche who will think again before parking so damn close to another persons car for no reason.
LMFAO!! Man thx for the laugh this morning buddy!
Old 09-02-11, 07:42 AM
DDLexus
Racer

Default another one from the office this morning

Parking lot at the office. Always park in the back corner by myself. Usually only a few others park within 50 ft of the LS
Attached Thumbnails Lonely LS-lonely_lot2_sm.jpg  
Old 09-02-11, 09:57 AM
mndaves
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I also try to park by pillars/walls etc. but try not to park TOO close... Last year I parked in an underground heated lot in Minneapolis and when I returned that evening the passenger side of my car looked like it had been keyed. I was shocked, since this is a fairly expensive lot and there are lots of Lexi, Mercedes, etc. parked there along with dozens of reserved spots scattered around. After fuming for a while, I figured I wasn't intentionally keyed but probably someone tried to squeeze between my car and the wall I was parked next to and a buckle or something on their bag/briefcase dragged along the car. So now, even though I still park by the wall when possible, I leave enough space for the occasional careless airhead to pass through without touching my baby!!!
Old 09-02-11, 10:04 AM
CarGuy89
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

New school for me this year, and they have no garaged parking. I had a nice little end spot last yr on the 2nd/3rd floor of a nice structure. It pains me to see her roast in the sun all day. I park it under a tree (curb on my left side) and get as close to the curb as I can. Thankfully no one's been an *** so far (but I do sorta put it in no-man's land), but the tree's not been kind to my paint. I can't win
Old 09-02-11, 11:41 AM
ghenley
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep. I'm at the airport sitting next to my wife. I had to show her this thread and read to her some of the posts because she didn't believe there are others who do the same thing I do!

Greg
Old 09-02-11, 11:46 AM
Marklouis
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DDLexus
Parking lot at the office. Always park in the back corner by myself. Usually only a few others park within 50 ft of the LS
hey! kinda looks like Research park!

I always try to find a curb spot if I can - I always make my rims uncomfortable when I park. only by grace that my LS is still ding free -
Old 09-02-11, 01:32 PM
Stu
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by vollandt
If you can't find a wide spot with no cars around, try and park next to someone that seems to give a crap about their car (clean.. shiny..?). Hopefully they'll car enough about their car not to just let their door swing open and hit yours. Also, avoid parking next to cars with child seats or appear to be used to shuttle young children or cars driven by seniors. Kids, parents managing kids, and geezers are all less likely than avg to be absent minded enough to let the door swing open.

I agree completely .... 99.99 % of the time, this will be all you have to do.

obviously parking next to walls/pillars also reduces the chances of getting dinged by 50%, so I do this all the time.

I drive some passengers crazy when I drive by open spots because they're too tight for the big LS or the cars I'm parking between are old, neglected turds. Those that know me well are used to it as I have always done this with every car I have owned. Every car gets dinged eventually, no matter how careful you are.
Old 09-05-11, 01:11 AM
dejavu157
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

haha i hate a$$h0le coworkers
Old 09-05-11, 06:12 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by CarGuy89
New school for me this year, and they have no garaged parking. I had a nice little end spot last yr on the 2nd/3rd floor of a nice structure. It pains me to see her roast in the sun all day. I park it under a tree (curb on my left side) and get as close to the curb as I can. Thankfully no one's been an *** so far (but I do sorta put it in no-man's land), but the tree's not been kind to my paint. I can't win
Keep waxing/polishing your car on the regular so paint will stay protected.

BTW: To the OP your LS is far from being lonely, you have plenty of LS owners with a touch of OCD when it comes to taking care of our cars myself included keeping you company.
Old 09-05-11, 11:15 AM
DDLexus
Racer

Thanks Tee.
Old 09-05-11, 11:21 AM
CarGuy89
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Tee
Keep waxing/polishing your car on the regular so paint will stay protected.
Yeah I've put on 2 coats of wax and polish already. My rotator cuff is killing me lol. I found a new spot (no tree, no parking zone on the left and a curb on the right, only vulnerability is the back is open for another car to park there) will post pics later.
Old 09-05-11, 01:09 PM
toantran99
Intermediate

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

I try not to park next to and suv or a minivan since they have bigger doors.
Old 09-05-11, 07:08 PM
CarGuy89
Lexus Test Driver

The first pic is not where I usually park, but still on campus. The second is my new spot I think. Curb on one side, and a no parking zone on the other. No more tree sap!...I hope at least haha.
Attached Thumbnails Lonely LS-412.jpg   Lonely LS-ls430.jpg  

Quick Reply: Lonely LS