LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Looking to purchase LS430 UL

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-11, 10:29 PM
93SC300.
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to purchase LS430 UL

Ok so ive narrowed some things down. i was looking into supras for the past couple months but i stumbled upon an 04 LS430 UL without PCS. Ive debated an LS for the past year already and i gave my wife the decision between a Supra and a LS. I know their nothing alike in any way but i love big cars so i feel like i cant pass it up. Ive ran through some numbers with the dealer and came to an agreement of 24.5k. I havent done all the research in the world on the LS but i feel like for 56k miles, black on black, all matinence records, no accidents and a UL on top of it, it is more than worth it. Like i said the only thing i dont see on it is the PCS. I really love the way the car looks and im leaning towards the vip scene so i got a couple plans for it before feb next year. Right now im in afghanistan on tour but im doing the paperwork through the phone, faxing and mailing. the car has been pulled off the market with a deposit already so im guessing its all downhill from here. I would like to hear some feedback on the price if possible guys. I dont think its the best deal in the world but for that price out the door, taxes and all, i dont think its too bad.

Ive snooped around in the LS430 forums for a while now and people seem to be much more mature than the SC300/400 so im looking forward to meeting you guys and buying this car. Ive been a SC owner for almost 6 years now so giving up the lexus scene is tough. Thanks for your time guys.
Old 11-02-11, 10:46 PM
airtime
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

that would be the exact car I'm driving now. early 2004 ul did not have the pcs option. I believe it was available mid 2004.

as said before, the ls430 is the best bang for the buck right now.

make sure before you buy, go through the check list of common things that can go bad, ie folding mirror, air suspension leak/failure, steering wheel retraction/tilt, etc.
Old 11-02-11, 11:24 PM
93SC300.
Lead Lap

and the worst part is is that i cant be there to look at the car. Im buying it from a lexus dealership so i hope they love their reputation and wouldnt want me to say anything negative about it. Ill have to run a couple more points through him on top of the clean body, no scratches, dents or dings which he already checked out. Im kinda taking his word for it but hopefully it doesnt fail me. Im excited right now and about to go to legal to get it notarized and send him the info he wanted to start the paperwork. Please dont let me down LS430 =P
Old 11-03-11, 05:52 AM
caddyowner
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Get the car inspected professionally and DON'T RELY ON ANY DEALER TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH. Also, ask here and in the CA forum is a CL member can swing by the dealer and do test drive of the car for you. I bought mine 1870 miles away with the help of Airtime and his independent Lexus mechanic.
Old 11-03-11, 12:22 PM
ultm8mind
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

In Afghanistan huh? That sucks, I was in the Korengal and throughout RC East a couple years back. I just got back from Iraq recently also. Keep your head down bro!! As for the 04 UL, I just bought one myself. I like it but I am also coming from an Evo into it, so there is a big difference from speed to luxury, lol. I am loving the car and got a steal on it (or so I think). I agree with the statements above, don't take dealers word for it!! I did and that's why the little things that are wrong on mine are wrong. just little things but nonetheless they're there, but I am also picky, haha. I hope it all works out, try to talk them down ofcourse but it may not work with Lexus selling a Lexus. Good luck and you'll definitely enjoy it....
Old 11-03-11, 01:18 PM
Ty419
Lead Lap

I have an 05 with less miles and PCS in the for sale section...
Old 11-04-11, 09:15 PM
93SC300.
Lead Lap

so im pulling the trigger on the car. My wife is flying down there in 2 weeks to go inspect it and pick it up. I had the run around with the dealership cause of getting Power of attorney and authorizing my wife to buy that specific vehicle under my name. I furnished all paper work, D.L. Military I.D. notarized paperwork, my wifes spouse I.D. and D.L. and they still tried giving me the run around. They pulled the card that their boss isnt there so i called the sales manager and told him if it didnt get fixed i was taking my business somewhere else. i dont like playing those games. I mean its LEGAL paperwork, what more does he want. I said someone has to oversee all sales of this sort when hes not in so come on man. The sales manager jumped right on it and ironed everything out and now they said we can fly down and she can do the paperwork. looks like it will be mine on the 18th. Im pretty stoked about it right now. loks like LS430 forums will be my new friend. i cant wait guys
Old 11-05-11, 04:03 AM
caddyowner
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I hope all goes well with the inspection.
Old 11-05-11, 06:22 AM
warminwisc
Lexus Champion

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

I am endebted to you sir for your commitment to serving our country in the military, thank you! You are in my prayers.
Old 11-05-11, 06:24 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i think you are looking at a good car but i would be more inclined to lean towards paying 23k if i were you.... hate to say this though cuz i'm presently debating selling my 05 UL with pcs and 93k on the clock and would love to get around 23k for it. so i feel like i'm playing satans advocate here
Old 11-05-11, 07:02 AM
Jabberwock

Received 205 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by warminwisc
I am indebted to you sir for your commitment to serving our country in the military, thank you! You are in my prayers.
Ditto!

Hope the transaction and the car is perfect. I hope the Lexus Sales manager understands where you are, and that he and the Lexus guys need to bend over backwards to make sure this deal goes absolutely smooth for you and your wife.
Old 11-05-11, 07:10 AM
93SC300.
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sojah
i think you are looking at a good car but i would be more inclined to lean towards paying 23k if i were you.... hate to say this though cuz i'm presently debating selling my 05 UL with pcs and 93k on the clock and would love to get around 23k for it. so i feel like i'm playing satans advocate here
well im not sure about the resale of all the years but for 24.5k out the door, black on black and 56k on the clock. I thought it was a fair price.

Thanks for the kind words. people that thank us make it so much easier to be here. Ill be home before i know it with some mods ready to go.
Old 11-05-11, 07:19 AM
93SC300.
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Jabberwock
Ditto!

Hope the transaction and the car is perfect. I hope the Lexus Sales manager understands where you are, and that he and the Lexus guys need to bend over backwards to make sure this deal goes absolutely smooth for you and your wife.
yea from what it sounds like from the manager and the sales person is that when she gets there is all signing, dopping the cash on it and driving away. I hope its as good as it sounds. Im extremely anxioous to get home on r&r and jump inside. I just dont wanna neglect my other cars.
Old 11-05-11, 09:55 AM
Ty419
Lead Lap

I assume it's not CPO due to the age. Is there any warranty on it at all, or are you buying as-is?
Old 11-05-11, 10:03 AM
93SC300.
Lead Lap

There is no warranty. They offered me 3/30k for 3200 or 4/50k for 3800 but i think im just gonna pick it up as is. I dont imagine i will be putting too much miles on it at all to be honest.

Quick Reply: Looking to purchase LS430 UL