LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

tride and tru lexus/gb packers

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-11, 07:30 PM
warminwisc
Lexus Champion

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Default tride and tru lexus/gb packers

Will I be driving my LS up to lambeau over xmas and new years/last 2 games for a 16-0 season.
Old 11-16-11, 08:07 PM
scottgolf
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

will u be running snow tires? I live in des moines, i haven't decided myself if I will put them on this year or not. i have some 18 blizacks but need some stock wheels for my 05
Old 11-17-11, 04:57 AM
caddyowner
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by warminwisc
Will I be driving my LS up to lambeau over xmas and new years/last 2 games for a 16-0 season.
That would imply that your Packers will defeat our stumbling Lions. I accept that bet. What terms? Possibly a box of Michigan food products v. a box of Wisconsin food products? (Beer doesn't ship well.)

BTW, I had a new set of Michelin XI-2s mounted on my Prius yesterday. The XI-2s I have for my LS will probably be installed the week after Thanksgiving. This way, if the temp gets back into the 50s over Thanksgiving, I don't have to put excessive wear on a set of winter tires.

Last edited by caddyowner; 11-17-11 at 05:00 AM.
Old 11-17-11, 02:14 PM
xsbc63x
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im with you on this hopefully! GO PACK GO!
Old 11-17-11, 02:32 PM
cjsmuscle
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Lex has been there many times this year and will continue to visit the comfy confines of Lambeau this winter with the Dunlop Graspic snow tires on it now (they worked pretty slick in the snow storm we had last week).
Go Pack Go!
Old 11-17-11, 04:09 PM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lol, thread war!
Old 11-17-11, 05:45 PM
warminwisc
Lexus Champion

No snows pay alot of taxes here in wisco to scape HWY 41. Cadman beer beef sticks, lb of 5 year cheddar and lb of fresh squeky curds from Union Star cheeses says the Lions need the nice warm dome! Invite still stands for cold beer on site!

The Packer defense looked better Monday and who else is better? SF? New coach, Alex Smith who knows! I thought the Lions would give em a run.
Old 11-17-11, 05:46 PM
warminwisc
Lexus Champion

Cadman you got a Prius I got a 09 hybrid Camry, go figure.
Old 11-18-11, 02:44 AM
caddyowner
Lead Lap

No snows pay alot of taxes here in wisco to scape HWY 41. Cadman beer beef sticks, lb of 5 year cheddar and lb of fresh squeky curds from Union Star cheeses says the Lions need the nice warm dome! Invite still stands for cold beer on site!

The Packer defense looked better Monday and who else is better? SF? New coach, Alex Smith who knows! I thought the Lions would give em a run.
OK, I'l have to come up with an appropriate list of fine Michigan goods (that, alas, I will likely be shipping to you in early January). I know it's tradition and I like winter, but I'm old enough to know better than to watch a game at Lambeau in January. Too bad the game won't be for the division title.

Just to clarify, this wager is for the outcome of the January 1st game at Lambeau, not the Thanksgiving game at Ford Field.

Last edited by caddyowner; 11-18-11 at 05:16 AM.
Old 11-18-11, 05:30 AM
caddyowner
Lead Lap

Cadman you got a Prius I got a 09 hybrid Camry, go figure.
Yes, I'm probably tha last person one would expect to buy a Prius. But, this summer my wife's caregivers said that they were having difficulty transferring her into the Subaru because of the frameless windows (nothing for her to grab when standing). We all expected her to require additional cancer treatments, so I decided a Prius would fit the bill with larger doors with window frames, more front seat room, and lower entry height. Due to the shortage, used Prius prices were stupid high so I waited about a month for a new one to arrive. By the time the car arrived, Connie had just entered the hospital for what was supposed to be a short stay. Alas, she never got a chance to ride in the car.

The car is OK with excellent MPG, but not nearly as comfortable as the LS430. I use it as a truck to haul stuff and take the dog places. Since I drive an average of 33K miles per year, it also keeps the miles I put on the LS430 to a reasonable level. We'll see how much I miss having an AWD vehicle this winter and then decide if I keep it and the LS430 or make some change.
Old 01-01-12, 04:39 AM
caddyowner
Lead Lap

OK, Warminwisc, is our bet for today still on? The line published in the the Detroit News says Lions by 3 1/2. Go figure. I have my doubts.
Old 01-01-12, 02:01 PM
caddyowner
Lead Lap

It sounded like a good game from listening to the radio on the car - but not good enough for the Lions. PM me your mailing address and I'll send the goods later this week.
Old 01-01-12, 07:41 PM
warminwisc
Lexus Champion

Cadman, Sorry so late had to get the rabbit to the hospital for dehydration and then to Lambeau. What a game, seemed like the Packers just wanted it more IMO. Hope ya beat NO so we can throttle ya with our first string.
Old 01-01-12, 07:42 PM
warminwisc
Lexus Champion

Bit of snow today. I really do just fine with good all seasons and stabilitrack and trac control.
Old 01-02-12, 09:26 AM
caddyowner
Lead Lap

I ventured out in the cold today to Meijer (based in Grand Rapids, MI) and, with some help of their fine associates, came up with some popular Michigan products.

Front row:
- Jiffy Muffin Mix from Chelsea Milling in Chelsea, MI
- Regular & Chocolate Covered Dried Cherries from Shoreline Fruit inTraverse City, MI
- Sanders Hot Fudge from Clinton Twp, MI

Back row:
- Garden Fresh Gourmet Tortilla Chips from Ferndale, MI (They're famous for great salsa, but it has to be kept cold.)
- Better Made Sweet BBQ Potato Chips from Detroit, MI
- Kelloggs Corn Flakes from Battle Creek, MI (We didn't say the food had to be exciting).

OK Warm, everything is boxed and ready to ship. PM me your shipping address and the goodies will be on their way.
Attached Thumbnails tride and tru lexus/gb packers-meijer.jpg   tride and tru lexus/gb packers-michigan_products.jpg  

Quick Reply: tride and tru lexus/gb packers