LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Wheel ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-11, 07:09 PM
Jsteezy87
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel ?'s

So as we all know, tax time is coming up and im looking into some wheels for the ls. i have a couple of choices but need some help with offset determination. Feel free to let me know what wheel you like best. My main question is what offset do i need to pull off either of these looks:

offset 1:

offset 2:

As for the wheels, here are the options. Im looking into getting the following sizes. 20x9 front and 20x10 rear.

Option 1:

Option 2:

Option 3:

Old 12-10-11, 08:05 PM
93SC300.
Lead Lap

to be honest with you, none of those are gonna give you the offset of the 2nd pic. I believe his are a 0 or really close to. The wheels you posted should be in the range of +30-+40. your gonna have to run some mean spacers to get that desired look.
Old 12-11-11, 06:02 AM
Jsteezy87
Driver School Candidate

i was allready planning on having to use spacers. to me thats almost a given for this ordeal lol. my other issue is that i will more than likely have a coilover setup and not bags so im thinking a tuck will be better do to not being able to raise the car on the fly. a flush or stetched setup may cause problems here and there if i cant adjust the ride height as needed. the stern wheels are offered in a variety of offsets ranging from the 20's to the 40's so im pretty good on that part. as for the others i dont know what offset options i have. I also do not want a ton of camber in the rear but i do want some. the picture of the first car is most likely what i want to go for.
Old 12-11-11, 06:30 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well wheels are a subjective thing. first you need a budget range. a new nice set will cost between 4 and 6k. a used decent set can be found usually between 2k-3500. good luck getting the stance like the second pic. that is a lot of work to achieve and you need to be seeking a different style and brand of wheel to achieve. companies like Vip Modular (which have great discounts on here for Club Lexus members) and Work will help you to get the most aggressive with minimal modifications done to your car since they usually know what can fit by telling them which car you have and what your trying to achieve. Work wheels are usually a little cheaper than vip modular wheels.
Old 12-11-11, 08:02 AM
ultm8mind
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

20X9/10 with a +30 offset should fit with no issues. I think the only ones you could actually work to get anywhere next to the 2nd option would be the ones in your first wheel option. To achieve that you'd need a three piece wheel I think or a one off two piece.....I doubt you could get that from an "off the stock shelf" rim. I could be wrong though.
Old 12-11-11, 11:46 AM
waijai
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Jsteezy87
offset 1:

Hah, that picture was taken by either me or Jun back in the day when we had a little meet before I had my LS430.
Old 12-11-11, 11:49 AM
Jsteezy87
Driver School Candidate

i was leaning more towards the stern wheels as they have a large selection of different offsets. as for the mrr's and tsw's they are offered in whatever the stock offset is as far as i know. im not wanting to go all out just yet as far as a bad system and modular wheels. im still trying to get a house so that is a bit of a priority. however stock wheels and stock height are killing me slowly lol. i cant stand it.
Old 12-11-11, 08:33 PM
Selah777
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Honestly, just wait until you can do it right the first time.
I would much rather roll around on stock wheels, or low on stock wheels than to roll on wheels that aren't good quality.
my .02
Old 12-13-11, 06:26 AM
LucidSnow
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

those tsw look like weds ! you can look into weds or works for the deep dish ! grab coils and rock stock rims until u find the rims you really want. its hard to resell cheaper rims later imo. i saved up months until i grabbed my set of rims ideal for my car lol
Old 12-13-11, 08:57 AM
F.Brown
Rookie

Jsteezy87, not to pry into your personal business; however, in order for CL members to be more helpful, we'll need to know your budget...or at least a ballpark figure. As far as tax season goes, I never get back enough to buy wheels for my car....new or used. So if I made your statement, “tax time is coming up and im looking into some wheels for the ls,” I’d be in the market for some replica stocks, lol!

Here’s an idea of how much I spent. I ordered some WORK LS507s back in 2010 and I paid $4400 for them. Staggered, custom face, custom lip, custom offset, and all was included was some hub centric rings, lug nuts and a license plate frame, lol! Prior to the WORKs, I ordered some Tanabe Sustec Pro FIVE Coilovers for $1100. Toss in tires (Falkens) and I was easily over $6K. That’s just my example; plenty of people are well below that price, while some are above it.

As previously mentioned by Sojah and Lucidsnow, take a look at some WORKs (http://www.workwheelsusa.com/). I’m sure they’ll have rims you like, as they have a wide selection of dope wheels. Additionally, you can build them to the specs of your choosing. Good luck!
Old 12-13-11, 01:17 PM
Jsteezy87
Driver School Candidate

f. brown. i understand how it can be misread and misunderstood. the plan for me is to add to my tax refund as it will simply be a very good foundation for the budget i need. im well aware that wheels and suspension are expensive, especially quality parts. as a lot of you will learn i am extreamly impatient when it comes to cars lol. im plan on keeping this car for a long time and as for right now i just want it to be low and have something other than stock for wheels. i dont plan on having the aftermarket wheels for too long. honestly i would be happy with some stock chrome 18's instead of what i got. to answer your question more directly im looking into spending probably 2k on coils and wheels if at all possible. i know i can get coils for around 650-750 from megan. as for wheels, the above range from 800-1700. so shopping around will be a must on the wheels. as for this year i would be happy just to get it on coils and shoot for wheels next year, then the following year try and go for bags, then the following year go for shnyce wheels. i have looked at works, weds, vip modular, etc. i woul dlove some kranze, waffe's, etc. just definately dont have that money for that right now. im just looking for something to, for a lack of a better term, hold me over until i get the money. hopefully this lays out my plans for you guys a little. better. and above all thats for the help and support as im a fairly new member. i have to say this is the most help ive had on a forum in a long time without at least 1 person being an ***. thats to all for being helpful.
Old 12-13-11, 04:00 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No prob dude, that's what we are here for. And I havee been known to be a **** myself on these forums so I know what u mean. I think the difference in u getting a proper response is because u asked a proper question and had a willingness to learn as well as a well forumlated plan/question.

Some people will come on here and ask a stupid question and guess what they get in return?

Good luck, I'm sure u will get what u are looking for, just gotta have a realistic plan like u do. I only recommend not to rush into somethin cheap.
Old 12-13-11, 05:43 PM
Jsteezy87
Driver School Candidate

ive rushed into plenty a cheap situations and got what i paid for in return. mostly with hondas but the honda game is cut throat as hell. anyways. ima see where im at come tax time and hopefully i can get my truck sold and that will help out a lot with things. i may be able to afford a bad setup then, but wishful thinking. i will keep you all posted, and thanks again for the help and advice.
Old 12-14-11, 01:49 PM
F.Brown
Rookie

Jsteezy87, I was looking for an emblemless grille for my car last night on ebay and I stumbled across your option 2, 20" MRR: HR3s, on ebay for under $1200. Not bad if those are the wheels you want. Plus, that would leave you with enough money for some coilovers... My homie just got some Megans off ebay for $800.

I’ve kind of impatiently went with the same plan that you’re looking to implement for your build. Each year since I’ve had my LS430, I’ve tried to do one major upgrade (rims, kit, system, etc.). Albeit a slow process, it has been “hella” fun along the way! When you have to save up before you make a purchase, I feel like you make informed decisions before purchasing products. I’m not all knowing like some of the bros throughout this forum; however, feel free to hit me up anytime you need help or have a question!
Old 12-15-11, 12:36 PM
Jsteezy87
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by F.Brown
Jsteezy87, I was looking for an emblemless grille for my car last night on ebay and I stumbled across your option 2, 20" MRR: HR3s, on ebay for under $1200. Not bad if those are the wheels you want. Plus, that would leave you with enough money for some coilovers... My homie just got some Megans off ebay for $800.

I’ve kind of impatiently went with the same plan that you’re looking to implement for your build. Each year since I’ve had my LS430, I’ve tried to do one major upgrade (rims, kit, system, etc.). Albeit a slow process, it has been “hella” fun along the way! When you have to save up before you make a purchase, I feel like you make informed decisions before purchasing products. I’m not all knowing like some of the bros throughout this forum; however, feel free to hit me up anytime you need help or have a question!
wil do man. and again thanks for all the help. i myself have come across megans coils on ebay fro good prices. as for the wheels, ill have to check that out. i honestly havent even thought about looking for these wheels on ebay. i have been talking to a guy on here via pm about some wheels he has for sale. his axis wheels 20's with a +20 offset. nice looking wheels and he offered a good price for them with tires. but i think ima try and get some money up quick like and if he still has these im may go for them since they have tires and are in great shape. time will tell may have a change of heart by then.