LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Need Inspection: Fairfield CA LS430 UL

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-12, 11:17 PM
mk4umha
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well..... Long Story but I'll try to cut the story short.
GF always wanted a sporty light nimble car like a miata but manly looking, so I suggest the BRZ.
Took GF to look at the LS430s, she hates them with a passion because of first impressons with the 2001 GS300. I didn’t plan on buying these LS430’s even though they shipped it down for me to look at.
I test drive the car, she didn’t want to.
We had more time, so we took it out onto the freeway this time and I made her drive it.
She instantly smiled and said, it feels like my SC300 but a little heavier….

Back story:
"I paid half of an SC300 for her and threw on my left over supra parts on it, like coilovers and wheels, and TT Brakes. She ended up liking how it drives, 265s in the front with 295s in the back"

She wanted to buy the LS430 but I stopped her from doing it because she told me she never liked that ugly old man car. I thought it was an impulse buy and the interest rate carmax gave her was around 7.6% so I made her leave, she got pissed, we get home, she still pissed, pissed at me still for another hour. She finally calmed down and I said check the Credit union. She applied and got approved instantly for 2.4% on a 2005. I say lets go get it, that’s a no brainer, we go back and get it….

We took a trip to houston for Mothersday to visit her family and we just got back. She’s super happy with the LS430 after making fun of me for wanting one. She really really loves that car now.

As for my UL, SJLS430 graciously drove over and looked at it for me. It's not as mint as my GF's LS430 but it's still good. I'll have to get the front drivers side bumper repaired/fixed, the interior cleaned. (some dark dirt, whatever, and a tear on the passenger side magazine holder). Luckily SJLS430 is a body guy and he said he can do that work for me and help me out. I'll have to probably throw an extra 1500 on top of the car to get it as mint as my GF's LS430.

That Custom Luxury at Carmax is the BestBuy IMO. I'd pick up the 2nd one there if I wasn't looking for an UL.

I am going to pick that UL up, but had I seen that black/black UL in Utah, that's the one I would buy without hesitation.
Old 05-13-12, 11:46 PM
Nick2JZ
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mk4umha
Well..... Long Story but I'll try to cut the story short.
GF always wanted a sporty light nimble car like a miata but manly looking, so I suggest the BRZ.
Took GF to look at the LS430s, she hates them with a passion because of first impressons with the 2001 GS300. I didn’t plan on buying these LS430’s even though they shipped it down for me to look at.
I test drive the car, she didn’t want to.
We had more time, so we took it out onto the freeway this time and I made her drive it.
She instantly smiled and said, it feels like my SC300 but a little heavier….

Back story:
"I paid half of an SC300 for her and threw on my left over supra parts on it, like coilovers and wheels, and TT Brakes. She ended up liking how it drives, 265s in the front with 295s in the back"

She wanted to buy the LS430 but I stopped her from doing it because she told me she never liked that ugly old man car. I thought it was an impulse buy and the interest rate carmax gave her was around 7.6% so I made her leave, she got pissed, we get home, she still pissed, pissed at me still for another hour. She finally calmed down and I said check the Credit union. She applied and got approved instantly for 2.4% on a 2005. I say lets go get it, that’s a no brainer, we go back and get it….

We took a trip to houston for Mothersday to visit her family and we just got back. She’s super happy with the LS430 after making fun of me for wanting one. She really really loves that car now.

As for my UL, SJLS430 graciously drove over and looked at it for me. It's not as mint as my GF's LS430 but it's still good. I'll have to get the front drivers side bumper repaired/fixed, the interior cleaned. (some dark dirt, whatever, and a tear on the passenger side magazine holder). Luckily SJLS430 is a body guy and he said he can do that work for me and help me out. I'll have to probably throw an extra 1500 on top of the car to get it as mint as my GF's LS430.

That Custom Luxury at Carmax is the BestBuy IMO. I'd pick up the 2nd one there if I wasn't looking for an UL.

I am going to pick that UL up, but had I seen that black/black UL in Utah, that's the one I would buy without hesitation.
Picture of your GF car and your..........................which UL did you get?
Old 05-14-12, 06:22 AM
mk4umha
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Nick2JZ
Picture of your GF car and your..........................which UL did you get?
Here's the black/ecru UL
http://tinyurl.com/82fte5d

I don't have pictures of the Flint/Black yet, i'll get them soon.
Old 05-14-12, 08:04 AM
mk4umha
Pit Crew

Well, i'm going to pass on that UL. I didn't know my Credit Union only deals with TX only, but CA is too far for them. They said they can work with certain banks outside of TX, i'd just have to find the car on a car by car basis.

Let me know if you see another UL.
Old 05-14-12, 09:55 AM
Nick2JZ
Pole Position

I agreed with you on passing that blk/ecru UL. Please post picture of the Flint/blk when you can............i also like that color too. Do you know that Flint with Saddle is out there. FYI, lexus is having .09% for all Certified cars until July 9...................... i will keep an eyes out for you on UL.
Old 05-14-12, 10:55 AM
mk4umha
Pit Crew

If the car is in TX, that would be alot better and quicker to pay for.

If there are any reasonable 460s let me know too. I'd like to get a 460 version of the 430 Custom Lux at a minimum.
Old 05-14-12, 11:51 AM
mk4umha
Pit Crew

The flint/black looks just like this car.... i'm very tempted to buy this one too. but i really want to hold out for a UL
http://tinyurl.com/culzu8v
Old 05-14-12, 01:27 PM
Nick2JZ
Pole Position

The flint/black looks just like this car.... i'm very tempted to buy this one too. but i really want to hold out for a UL
http://tinyurl.com/culzu8v
Car looked very clean and nice.........what is the final drive out price? Tires little worn out........what happen to the original wheel? The more your GF drive to Houston the more she like will the car..............LS is great for long distance drive.

NEVERMIND I WAS EXCITED TO CLICK ON THE PICTURE AND DIDN'T READ.
Old 05-14-12, 01:36 PM
mk4umha
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Nick2JZ
Car looked very clean and nice.........what is the final drive out price? Tires little worn out........what happen to the original wheel? The more your GF drive to Houston the more she like will the car..............LS is great for long distance drive.

NEVERMIND I WAS EXCITED TO CLICK ON THE PICTURE AND DIDN'T READ.
Hehe, it's practically the same car. I'll get pictures when I can. Carmax is going to fix a few things first for her. Carmax is surprisingly a very good dealership to purchase cars from.
Old 05-14-12, 01:42 PM
Nick2JZ
Pole Position

If the car is in TX, that would be alot better and quicker to pay for.

If there are any reasonable 460s let me know too. I'd like to get a 460 version of the 430 Custom Lux at a minimum.
Now you're make it hard for yourself to open up for more option. Few more thousand i can get a 07' LS460, and then few more thousand i can get a LS460L fully loaded with rear entertainment or few more thousand i can upgrade to a newer 2010 model......get my drift. I really enjoyed driving my LS430(and this is 2001) than my LS460L. Maybe because there is no payment, but really it is a little quiter and the engine is little smoother. I can't imagine the 05-06' will be even better than my 01' with 6sp auto transmission, better leather, back-up camera, and rear shade just to name a few. If it is your daily car, then i suggest going with 430 UL.
Old 05-14-12, 01:49 PM
Nick2JZ
Pole Position

Hehe, it's practically the same car. I'll get pictures when I can. Carmax is going to fix a few things first for her. Carmax is surprisingly a very good dealership to purchase cars from.
good to hear Carmax is good..................... i usually get all worked up when i step into a car dealer...........i have short fuse, but i am much better by days.
Old 05-14-12, 01:52 PM
mk4umha
Pit Crew

I would like to use mine for weekends and long distance. I looked into the 460, i'm not sure if it's worth 40k IMO for what I can get in a 05-06 UL. I'm going to look at a 460 LWB that SJLS430 showed me just to see if that will change my mind. I really see that the 430 interior is better than the 460s, and they are cheaper as well.
Old 05-14-12, 07:06 PM
mk4umha
Pit Crew

I took a few pictures of the cars we have. Looks like my brother is picking up an 07 LS460 LWB, Black on Black this week so the Sonata will be gone.

I didn't get any inside pictures because it was getting too dark and the interior is black so nothing will really show up. I'll take some when I get a chance.
Pictures of LS430
Old 05-14-12, 08:19 PM
SJLS430
Driver School Candidate

I took a few pictures of the cars we have. Looks like my brother is picking up an 07 LS460 LWB, Black on Black this week so the Sonata will be gone.

I didn't get any inside pictures because it was getting too dark and the interior is black so nothing will really show up. I'll take some when I get a chance.
Pictures of LS430
Congratulations on your wifes new LS 430 custom luxury.
Old 05-15-12, 04:08 PM
Nick2JZ
Pole Position

Pictures of LS430
Flint Mica look really nice in the sunlight...........your gf LS looked very clean over all. What is the mileage and if you don't mind telling how much.

Quick Reply: Need Inspection: Fairfield CA LS430 UL