LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

17 inch non-OEM wheels

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-12, 03:59 PM
Stu
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 44 Posts
Default 17 inch non-OEM wheels

Finding 17 inch aftermarket wheels that fit the front brakes of the LS430 is not easy. Its easy if you want 18s or 19s, but 17s is tough. When I sold my OEM 18s during the winter, I had trouble finding 17s I liked that fit, but I hung in there and found some. I like them, Bought Michelin Primacy V-rated rubber and best of all, the car drives great, with no more wandering.

The car rides much smoother on 17 inch wheels and 55 series tires. I like a smooth ride, which is why I bought this car in the first place. Now it's smooth as silk

I don't post pictures of my car because it's a stock base model, but with brand new wheels, I'll make an exception.

Old 05-24-12, 06:57 PM
hoonunya
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Huge improvement over the dull standard 17 inch wheels.
What are they/where did you find them?
I also prefer 17's for the ride, but those original 6 spokes detract from the appearance of the car.
Old 05-24-12, 08:11 PM
Stu
Racer

I agree .... they are are a LOT nicer than the Lexus 17s, and they were actually less expensive BRAND NEW than the ugly used Lexus wheels I found for sale in Toronto !

Don't know the name of the wheel but it 17 x 7.5 with a 40 offset. The name in on the center cap ( I think ) but I honestly never looked .... lol Found it at a big tire and wheel shop .... they tried 3 sets before they found these .... the 3 others all hit the front brake caliper.
Old 05-24-12, 10:23 PM
CarGuy89
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks good. Still rockin the ugly OEM 17s, it does ride great with these size rims/tires
Old 05-25-12, 05:54 AM
Jabberwock

Received 205 Likes on 168 Posts

Your car looks great! Nice wheels.
Old 05-25-12, 09:50 AM
caddyowner
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks good. Cypress pearl? We don't see that color enough.
Old 05-25-12, 01:09 PM
Stu
Racer

Originally Posted by hoonunya
Huge improvement over the dull standard 17 inch wheels.
What are they/where did you find them?
I also prefer 17's for the ride, but those original 6 spokes detract from the appearance of the car.
Wheels are AKITA, they were only $500. I am happy considering the wheels I wanted, BBS were $1,600 used and in rough shape. New BBS wheels in Canada are about $4,000 and they don't make them in 17" anymore

Originally Posted by CarGuy89
Looks good. Still rockin the ugly OEM 17s, it does ride great with these size rims/tires
Believe it or not, I sold my 18s back to the guy I bought the car from .... for $ 800
I like these better.

Originally Posted by Jabberwock
Your car looks great! Nice wheels.
thanks

Originally Posted by caddyowner
Looks good. Cypress pearl? We don't see that color enough.
I believe the color is called Briarwood. It was not sold in Canada in 2005. My car in a US model that the guy I bought it from imported into Canada.
Old 05-25-12, 02:24 PM
caddyowner
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Stu
... I believe the color is called Briarwood. It was not sold in Canada in 2005. My car in a US model that the guy I bought it from imported into Canada.
Is it more brown-gray (briarwood pearl) or green-gray (cypress pearl)? I can imagine it being either from the pics.
Old 05-25-12, 05:16 PM
hoonunya
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Stu
Wheels are AKITA, they were only $500. I am happy considering the wheels I wanted, BBS were $1,600 used and in rough shape. New BBS wheels in Canada are about $4,000 and they don't make them in 17" anymore
$500 FOR A SET OF 4 ?????
WOW !!!

Anyone else know about AKITA wheels?
I see similar AKITA's on the web for $139 each. I didn't find that exact model but that is an incredible low price. Am I missing something?
Old 05-25-12, 06:48 PM
Stu
Racer

Originally Posted by hoonunya
$500 FOR A SET OF 4 ?????
WOW !!!

Anyone else know about AKITA wheels?
I see similar AKITA's on the web for $139 each. I didn't find that exact model but that is an incredible low price. Am I missing something?
Nope, I think it was a hell of a deal too ! I looked at the expensive "premium" wheels most of us want, and I didn't find one 17 inch wheel offered by any of them.

At first, I was concerned, since I never heard of Akita, and they were so inexpensive, that I was taking a flyer. I like their modest appearance and didn't really want the wheels to attract any attention, and these don't ! Most importantly, my car drives great with them, no wandering, no vibrations and is as smooth, quiet and comfortable as any car I have been in. I drive my car very gently, and this set up is perfect for me.
Old 05-25-12, 07:46 PM
gashed
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see these on Amazon at $120 a wheel. Looks like Akita AK-7.
Old 05-26-12, 06:40 AM
hoonunya
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Stu
Nope, I think it was a hell of a deal too ! I looked at the expensive "premium" wheels most of us want, and I didn't find one 17 inch wheel offered by any of them.

At first, I was concerned, since I never heard of Akita, and they were so inexpensive, that I was taking a flyer. I like their modest appearance and didn't really want the wheels to attract any attention, and these don't ! Most importantly, my car drives great with them, no wandering, no vibrations and is as smooth, quiet and comfortable as any car I have been in. I drive my car very gently, and this set up is perfect for me.
I want to upgrade my review. For $500 they look awesome, stunning, fantastic ...
I thought they would be much more, at least over $1000.
You did great.
Old 05-26-12, 06:42 AM
hoonunya
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by gashed
I see these on Amazon at $120 a wheel. Looks like Akita AK-7.
I saw the AK-7's but all the ones that I saw had 10 holes. I like his MUCH better..
Old 05-27-12, 10:39 AM
Stu
Racer

here is what hapenned to my 18" wheels .....

Old 04-28-22, 12:27 AM
Trender
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 17-in wheels on Elvis 430

Originally Posted by Stu
Finding 17 inch aftermarket wheels that fit the front brakes of the LS430 is not easy. Its easy if you want 18s or 19s, but 17s is tough. When I sold my OEM 18s during the winter, I had trouble finding 17s I liked that fit, but I hung in there and found some. I like them, Bought Michelin Primacy V-rated rubber and best of all, the car drives great, with no more wandering.

The car rides much smoother on 17 inch wheels and 55 series tires. I like a smooth ride, which is why I bought this car in the first place. Now it's smooth as silk

I don't post pictures of my car because it's a stock base model, but with brand new wheels, I'll make an exception.

I have the same car Flint Michael Pearl. 06 . Those are great wheels. We need the stock number PLEASE! lol

Quick Reply: 17 inch non-OEM wheels