LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

SHES DONE... 04 LS430 UL on Asanti's

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-12, 09:14 AM
LsBanGer43
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the wheels but you need to pull them fenders to make it look clean and flush. the poke look in the front is killing me!!
Old 06-20-12, 09:19 AM
93SC300.
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Ice350
That looks bad for any age.
Well that just sucks doesn't it haha. Btw the comments don't bother me. My car doesn't look good for anyone... Just me. I'm completely happy with it. If it's not your cup of tea, beer, soda, water, I really could care less. There is other threads where people are asking for opinions... You guys should check them out.

So the rear traction rods, lower control arms and toe arms have all been replaced with megans. They all fully adjustable and all Need to be replaced to get the camber, correct the caster and correct the toe. The rear fenders are only cut and do rub when I have it in low mode if I hit a bump a lil rough. The fronts are rolled and rub lightly on the freeway when hitting bumps. It doesn't bother me. The fender liners in front are cut a quarter of the way in from the rubbing which was annoying but it's good now. Front is at -3 and rear at -8.

The car is lowered using the stock sensors in the rear and the front bars are cut and rewelded shorter. When adjusting the fronts, your able to lift it but I'm happy with the height. When I drive through town, you can put a key between the fender and tire but I still have enough room to drive and turn without rubbing. Just gotta go slow
Old 06-20-12, 09:25 AM
93SC300.
Lead Lap

Can
Originally Posted by LsBanGer43
I like the wheels but you need to pull them fenders to make it look clean and flush. the poke look in the front is killing me!!
I'm waiting to pull all corners until the car starts to wear more. I don't wanna hack at the body just yet, there isnt even a ding or dent in the car. My sc300 is getting some love now... The 430 hogged all the attention from me.

The poke and camber has grown on me... I definitely didn't like it at first. I do like having something different out here though
Old 06-20-12, 01:02 PM
LsBanGer43
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 93SC300.
Can

I'm waiting to pull all corners until the car starts to wear more. I don't wanna hack at the body just yet, there isnt even a ding or dent in the car. My sc300 is getting some love now... The 430 hogged all the attention from me.

The poke and camber has grown on me... I definitely didn't like it at first. I do like having something different out here though
Hay big ups to you bro Do it like how you want it, it's your ride...I think a slight pull will do it, not encouraging a major pull (just yet lol) but i like the route your going keep it up.. (The SC can wait it's turn)

The LS will always get love over most car's once you start driving it.... haha I totally forgot about my other ride once i bought my LS haha
Old 06-20-12, 02:00 PM
93SC300.
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LsBanGer43
Hay big ups to you bro Do it like how you want it, it's your ride...I think a slight pull will do it, not encouraging a major pull (just yet lol) but i like the route your going keep it up.. (The SC can wait it's turn)

The LS will always get love over most car's once you start driving it.... haha I totally forgot about my other ride once i bought my LS haha
and i forgot about all mine also but now that im happy with it i need to give my sc some love. My wife wants me to start my sc since i have had it for years. I mean when the wife says it then i know i need to haha.

I do want to pullt he fenders but i dont want to damage the paint more than when i rolled the front. I want to give it some time. when the front flakes more, the whole fron will get painted and the fenders will be pulled at that point.
Old 06-20-12, 03:33 PM
Cronic
Pole Position

I love the wheels, just not feeling the rear fitment. But that is half the fun in cars, you can do what YOU like. If we all had the same look, it would be boring.
Old 06-20-12, 04:14 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Well that just sucks doesn't it haha. Btw the comments don't bother me. My car doesn't look good for anyone... Just me. I'm completely happy with it. If it's not your cup of tea, beer, soda, water, I really could care less. There is other threads where people are asking for opinions... You guys should check them out.

So the rear traction rods, lower control arms and toe arms have all been replaced with megans. They all fully adjustable and all Need to be replaced to get the camber, correct the caster and correct the toe. The rear fenders are only cut and do rub when I have it in low mode if I hit a bump a lil rough. The fronts are rolled and rub lightly on the freeway when hitting bumps. It doesn't bother me. The fender liners in front are cut a quarter of the way in from the rubbing which was annoying but it's good now. Front is at -3 and rear at -8.

The car is lowered using the stock sensors in the rear and the front bars are cut and rewelded shorter. When adjusting the fronts, your able to lift it but I'm happy with the height. When I drive through town, you can put a key between the fender and tire but I still have enough room to drive and turn without rubbing. Just gotta go slow
I like your attitude about the replies. It is your car. I would just prefer you did something like this with some other kind of car instead of the luxurious and classy LS.

But, long as you like it that's all that matters.
Old 06-20-12, 05:34 PM
93SC300.
Lead Lap

Thanks for the kind words guys... its appreciated.
Old 06-20-12, 06:52 PM
SQuester
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Diggin it, especially after some fender work.

And are you sure about the front rim sizing? Because I run a 20x9 +22, and you're poking much more than I am.
Old 06-20-12, 07:06 PM
Schnitz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

When it comes to cars... Define complete
Complete - when all the attributes necessary to pull off a desired look are achieved it is complete.

This is not complete. When I can see tire tread on top of the tires it's incomplete for the look you are going for, unless major VW poke is what you think looks good.

Whats the point of the stretched tires and camber adjustment pieces if you're gonna drive that high? If thats the height you want to ride at you bought a too aggressive wheel.

Now with that said, if you get it at least 2" lower all around, then it would be 'complete'. In my eyes this is just a first step on the way to a sick ride. Get a good body shop to do the necessary fender/quarter work and you'll be golden. Good luck!
Old 06-20-12, 08:04 PM
01gs3
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe OP doesn't want to sacrifice his ride quality for going lower?

Either way, nice.
Old 06-20-12, 10:34 PM
93SC300.
Lead Lap

Wink

Originally Posted by Schnitz
Complete - when all the attributes necessary to pull off a desired look are achieved it is complete.

This is not complete. When I can see tire tread on top of the tires it's incomplete for the look you are going for, unless major VW poke is what you think looks good.

Whats the point of the stretched tires and camber adjustment pieces if you're gonna drive that high? If thats the height you want to ride at you bought a too aggressive wheel.

Now with that said, if you get it at least 2" lower all around, then it would be 'complete'. In my eyes this is just a first step on the way to a sick ride. Get a good body shop to do the necessary fender/quarter work and you'll be golden. Good luck!
I like the first sentence... no where in the "rules" of modding does it say you must meet the rest of your statement for a "complete" car. This is complete for me. There is much more i could say about what my future plans are and why things ended up the way they did and that the tires do tuck on a level surface and riding the way i do already has me rubbing more than i wanted. Oh yea and i like to have it at a good height for my wife to drive it around without issues in a higher mode. Not so everyone else can love it cause me loving it is much better than what anyone else thinks. Ill sacrifice the 2" height or whatever you say so im happp. but i rather not let this thread look like a bickering fest. Good enough for me like i said in my past replies. Thanks for your input but i really dont care
Old 06-20-12, 10:39 PM
93SC300.
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 01gs3
Maybe OP doesn't want to sacrifice his ride quality for going lower?

Either way, nice.
Ride quaity isnt too bad when its in norm mode, which is low mode for me. Driving on the freeway is tough at the height its at which is "HI Height". you know it likes to lower at 55MPH and ive already squated onto my front tires with tons of smoke at that speed. Front camber is maxed out and we all know how much from Control arms are for this car..... $$$$ that i cant see paying at the moment.

Now if people asked some questions on why it is the way it is, they might get some good answers cause i have a reason for everything on this car. Thanks for not flaming unlike the others
Old 06-21-12, 08:08 AM
ultm8mind
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I squatted on the entire drivers side, lol, so I can see the reasoning you have for this. It was upsetting because it was the first "roll" on the set up, it lowered followed by ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ then smoke, lol. You're in the same boat as me Army budget constraints, lol. I feel your pain man, lol, I do. I'm up here at Drum now and have the rims in house hold goods on their way, going to check out shops around here for shave/pull/roll, whatever they think I may need, lol.
Old 06-21-12, 09:54 AM
93SC300.
Lead Lap

Yea I'm.on the army budget plus another income so it works just fine but I don't wanna repaint the front yet. When I do they will get pulled and the front will be lowered much more

Quick Reply: SHES DONE... 04 LS430 UL on Asanti's