LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Just returned home with our new addition

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-12, 03:20 PM
LionsGate
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just returned home with our new addition

Purchased one of those rare deals, a 2004 LS in pearl white with less than 9900 miles. Sold and serviced here in Palm Beach county, the owner passed and his two sons placed a local advertisement which I happened to notice.

They were great people to work with, had everything for the car from the Lexus dealer, my paint meter showed perfect results, plus a clean Carfax and came down $5,000 from their asking price.

Said their father was a retired engineer who wouldn't even drive his car in the rain. Spent three days getting to know the family and as we left, the mother teared up and said I know you'll take good care of his baby.

I surely will.
Old 09-14-12, 03:30 PM
C8V6C
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Less than 10k miles? Or are you missing another zero lol.

Thread is worthless without pics btw...but you probably already knew that
Old 09-14-12, 04:28 PM
Jabberwock

Received 205 Likes on 168 Posts

Excellent catch! Enjoy the car - nothing can beat a low mile cream puff LS430 as a used car.

I almost got one of those when I was looking 3 years ago, found an 06 with only 6k miles (same story owner was a senior that had recently passed) that had been sold direct to a South Florida Carmax. Unfortunately someone bought it within 3 hours of being posted online and while I was actually talking to the salesperson about how to put a deposit down. Said he had to check availability, put me on hold and came back and said car was just sold. The good ones usually go quick.
Old 09-14-12, 05:00 PM
jimbosr1
Pole Position

Received 169 Likes on 129 Posts

the first thing you need to do is DRIVE THAT THING!
concrats good find.
Old 09-14-12, 05:17 PM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts

Welcome to Club Lexus, and congratulations on the purchase!

Post pictures, or it didn't happen! Pretty impressive that you found one with less than 10k miles.
Old 09-14-12, 07:09 PM
LionsGate
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the welcome, I'm really satisfied with the way things turned out. As you might notice from my join date, I've looked for over a year now and it's good to finally have an LS in the garage.

You're right about it being a cream puff, I'm fairly picky about looking a car over and they did have it listed as being perfect in caps...turns out it was the grandson that created the advertisement, he's 36.

I found a nick at the bottom corner of the driver's door, it's about the size of the tip on a ball point pen and something rubbed against the center of the front bumper and there's a small rub mark on a rim's lip. Other than those items it looks and smells as new.

Bought this for the wife's use and now must sell her Prius. BTW, about posting pics, not sure how that's done but I'm guessing no one actually comes online and fibs about buying an eight year old car.
Old 09-15-12, 04:18 AM
karmaz
Rookie

We just want to admire it, not verify your story
Old 09-15-12, 05:26 AM
toyo
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Great find my friend. This is how I felt about finding my wife hers last month. A pearl white 06 with 50K on it. Zero dings or scuffs and well maintained. I just gotta get the new Hancook tires off of it. Those things are louder than Goodyears
Old 09-15-12, 05:35 AM
LionsGate
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by karmaz
Understood...and it's all good, was merely pointing out that folks might be inclined to stretch the facts when selling an eight year old car but not so much when describing the purchase of same.

I'll do a search on how to post pics and see about getting a few shots taken, supposed to rain every day for the next five, thundering as I post. In the meantime, here's their advertisement which includes a few images:

http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/cto/3246283821.html

They are a great group, the mother lives in this perfect little setting and looks just like an 85 year old June Cleaver, right down to the little sweater, jewelry and hair. The son I dealt with is retired LE, now serving as regional director of a foundation that helps protect seniors from scammers and criminals. The late father, an engineer, helped design and build the Twin Towers, the son sifted through the rubble after they fell.

That son also told me a fascinating story from 40 years ago when he lived on an Indian reservation in New Mexico. One night he heard a baby crying outside their house, his wife worried that the Indians perhaps discarded their unwanted daughters. They opened the front door to find instead a tiny pup that sounded like a baby.

His wife insisted he miss work the next day and they drove 50 miles to see a vet. That's where they discovered the "dog" was in fact a wolf. To make a longer story short, she was raised with their three (unborn at the time) children and German Sheppard. He eventually placed her on a friend's 3,000 acre ranch where she could roam free till her passing of old age. How cool is that.
Old 09-15-12, 05:36 AM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by karmaz
Yeah, I was just joking about the "or it didn't happen" part. I didn't realize what I wrote sounded like I was doubting you at the time. Sorry about that.
Old 09-15-12, 05:46 AM
LionsGate
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by toyo
Great find my friend. This is how I felt about finding my wife hers last month. A pearl white 06 with 50K on it. Zero dings or scuffs and well maintained. I just gotta get the new Hancook tires off of it. Those things are louder than Goodyears
Thanks...and well done. I agree, they are pretty in white and I feel the wife will be more safe in the LS than the Prius. Did want to pass on one bit of information since you mention a desire for new rubber. I recently purchased a set of tires for her Prius and was impressed with their performance, the name is Goodyear ComforTred.

She's put a couple hundred miles on them now and I drove the car about 50 miles as well, the tires are unusually quiet and well, comfortable. Something to consider when you're looking...

Have a good one!
Old 09-15-12, 05:49 AM
2004TOYO
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Talk about a GREAT deal.... Ive seen ads were people charge the same price for the same car with 80k+ on the dash!!! Excellent find!
Old 09-15-12, 06:02 AM
LionsGate
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by hypervish
Yeah, I was just joking about the "or it didn't happen" part. I didn't realize what I wrote sounded like I was doubting you at the time. Sorry about that.
Now no need for that, I was amused more than anything. Never understood people's passion for getting perturbed about a pixel and always believed if same was said face to face over a favored libation it'd be cause for laughter rather than war.

It is all good.
Old 09-15-12, 06:02 AM
Pamperme
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by LionsGate
Understood...and it's all good, was merely pointing out that folks might be inclined to stretch the facts when selling an eight year old car but not so much when describing the purchase of same.

I'll do a search on how to post pics and see about getting a few shots taken, supposed to rain every day for the next five, thundering as I post. In the meantime, here's their advertisement which includes a few images:

http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/cto/3246283821.html

They are a great group, the mother lives in this perfect little setting and looks just like an 85 year old June Cleaver, right down to the little sweater, jewelry and hair. The son I dealt with is retired LE, now serving as regional director of a foundation that helps protect seniors from scammers and criminals. The late father, an engineer, helped design and build the Twin Towers, the son sifted through the rubble after they fell.

That son also told me a fascinating story from 40 years ago when he lived on an Indian reservation in New Mexico. One night he heard a baby crying outside their house, his wife worried that the Indians perhaps discarded their unwanted daughters. They opened the front door to find instead a tiny pup that sounded like a baby.

His wife insisted he miss work the next day and they drove 50 miles to see a vet. That's where they discovered the "dog" was in fact a wolf. To make a longer story short, she was raised with their three (unborn at the time) children and German Sheppard. He eventually placed her on a friend's 3,000 acre ranch where she could roam free till her passing of old age. How cool is that.
Aww nice find buddy. And I'm sorry for the family's loss of their grandparent. They seem like nice people. I like it when people who never new each other are somehow brought together with an appreciation of each other. Knowing how we ALL are Gods children it's like meeting our brothers and sisters and really appreciating just how diverse and similar all of us are on this planet. Enjoy your Lexus. It's a nice one.
Old 09-15-12, 06:39 AM
Jabberwock

Received 205 Likes on 168 Posts

Wow - great price - good looking car - if you take care of that thing it will be rolling smooth and looking good 20 years from now -

Quick Reply: Just returned home with our new addition