03 LS 430 UL various electrical issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-12, 11:25 AM
dtaylor
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 03 LS 430 UL various electrical issues

Now having the following electrical issues. Need suggestions how to fix:
1. Telescoping feature of sterring wheel left the building a year ago, now tilt stopped working
2. Check VSC light and ash tray lighter quit working at same time
3. Both sides rear view mirror adjustment stopped working
4. ML speakers seem to have all gone south, including subwoofer...i see the write up...any qualified shops in Dallas / Fort Worth reasonable for replacement?
5. RS headlight bulb went out. I replaced it and did not have the bulb socket seated well on re-start of engine. Now have constant RS headlight looking upward. Tried to adjust, but no luck.
6. Can rear view camera be mounted in rooftop anteanna location?
7. Dynamic cruise control not working. Related to VSC?

Thank you gentlemen
Old 10-25-12, 09:11 AM
dtaylor
Pole Position

bump......
Old 10-26-12, 09:31 AM
dtaylor
Pole Position

seriously guys, I could use your help on these items....thank you in advance
Old 10-27-12, 07:36 AM
yuri.ber
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

These are all common issues with LS. I just don't know why you didn't fix issues as they popped up.
First of all get the codes read with a scanner, it's free in any autozone/Strauss/pep boys, post them here. Then we can help you better diagnose problems.
Speaker wise, I'm not in Texas so I can't recommend a shop or two but you can tackle it yourself, it's not that hard.
Search for "ML sound system, everything you need to know about" in this forum, wording might be different but it should provide many answers for you including mounting a camera.
Dealer is your answer for steering column motors.
Mirrors you can tackle yourself, search this forum for this issue, many threads will pop up, browse through them to get them repaired yourself.
Also get the shop to reseat your buld, stop blinding people

Last edited by yuri.ber; 10-27-12 at 07:42 AM.
Old 10-27-12, 02:08 PM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

As Yuri said, many of these have been discussed here before and you can search for them, but basically:

1. Telescoping feature of sterring wheel left the building a year ago, now tilt stopped working
<< hardly ever a fuse, but check that. Otherwise, it's a motor fix in the high hundreds of dollars to fix. If it's frozen in an uncomfortable spot, then you obviously would want it fixed, otherwise leave it be. >>

2. Check VSC light and ash tray lighter quit working at same time
<< this could be fuse again, but the two are not related. The Vehicle Stability Control light might be ABS related, but will require dealer looking into it. >>

3. Both sides rear view mirror adjustment stopped working
<< motors died. You can get used mirrors online for about $150 used or $400 new (OEM) abouts. >>

4. ML speakers seem to have all gone south, including subwoofer...i see the write up...any qualified shops in Dallas / Fort Worth reasonable for replacement?
<< nowhere near Texas, sorry but again, a local shop can install aftermarket speakers at a better saving. If you need OEM ML, then mucho $$$$ >>

5. RS headlight bulb went out. I replaced it and did not have the bulb socket seated well on re-start of engine. Now have constant RS headlight looking upward. Tried to adjust, but no luck.
<< not sure, maybe the HID adjustment motor got cranked as it was adjusting. If so, and broken... dealer fix and $$$ again. You can adjust the angle as it's highlighted in the manual as well. i tried doing it as some point and didn't work too well. >>

6. Can rear view camera be mounted in rooftop anteanna location?
<< so instead of by the trunk button, you want the camera on top of the roof by the antenna? not sure why you would want that, but I would imagine it can be done with wiring relocating. >>

7. Dynamic cruise control not working. Related to VSC?
<< no, two different things most likely. Both will need to be diagnosed and of course... $$$$>>
Old 10-30-12, 07:50 AM
dtaylor
Pole Position

Steering column motors for tilt and telescope difficult to get to / replace?