LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

aftermarket amp for ls430?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-12, 01:42 PM
bxr225
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aftermarket amp for ls430?

Can someone give me some tips on using a 5 channel 600watt aftermarket amp for a mark levinson system. Guy at the shop says gotta change all the speakers out to make it work. Thought maybe a oem convertor would work. Dont want to buy a used ML amp if I dont have to, over all ML blows not impressed at all with the sound. This is my second LS, love the cars though.
thanks
Old 12-20-12, 04:08 PM
CDJones
Driver School Candidate

If you haven't already read this link, it will give you a lot of information about the ML system:

HOW TO: LS430 Mark Levinson EVERYTHING w/Pics & part#s

Hope this helps.
Old 12-21-12, 09:17 AM
LS4LIFE206
Driver School Candidate

You have to get a LOC (line output converter) to go from the amp to the aftermarket amp. You don't have to replace all the components but your amp will be send a lower wattage to all the components, they are 8ohms for the mids and 12 ohms for the sub. The horn/tweeter/high mid piece in the dash is another ball game. I made some other posts on here regarding that topic.

If you want to get your system sounding better with an aftermarket amp, the guy is right you probably should replace the components (tweeter set up aside).
Old 12-21-12, 02:44 PM
bxr225
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CDJones
If you haven't already read this link, it will give you a lot of information about the ML system:

HOW TO: LS430 Mark Levinson EVERYTHING w/Pics & part#s

Hope this helps.
Hey thanks, thats pretty cool.
Old 12-21-12, 02:51 PM
bxr225
Driver School Candidate

Thanks, so should I still connect the convertor to the factory amp? Well overall im just trying to get my sound back period. Im not keeping the car but maybe two more years(hopefully get a460) I have a friend that has more exp with car audio than me to help but im just makin sure evrything will run fine. I may replace the sub as long as its under 12ohms.
Old 11-26-23, 01:13 PM
originaldice
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default aftermarket amp install for the front speakers and mids 2006 lexus ls 430

To whom it may concern: I am looking for tech support for the pioneer coaxial speakers I just installed in front doors. I installed the same coaxial speakers in rear doors as well and they sound great with the separate tweeters. The problem I am having is the coaxial pioneer speakers are not allowing the tweeters to play when the amp is hooked up. I am assuming it is a wiring issue but can seem to figure out why the rear doors play perfect where the front speakers are not playing the tweeters. I am using pioneers t65f coaxial for all 4 doors powered by a Alpine A65f amp 4 channel. Any info would be awesome. I am doing the custom install myself. I am using a nvx line out converter to run my rcas from the factory head unit. I tapped into the speaker wires for all 4 channels coming out of amp and am running the signal into the line out converter then through the rcas to the aftermarket amp.
Old 11-27-23, 02:56 AM
BigBoomer
Instructor

Received 254 Likes on 209 Posts

If it's a Mark Levinson system then the rear door speakers have built in tweeters so the crossover is in the speakers.
The ML front door speakers DO NOT have a tweeter so the crossover is in the amp since it has separate feeds to the front tweeters that are located in the dash.
Finally, you are responding to a thread that ended in 2012 so chances are none of the posters from that thread are still on here.
The following users liked this post:
RideSmooth (11-28-23)
Old 11-27-23, 11:00 PM
originaldice
3rd Gear

Big boomer thank you for the reply. The info is very helpful. I am going to replace with mid base speakers in all 4 doors and retain the factory tweeters. Thank you again.
The following users liked this post:
BigBoomer (11-28-23)
Old 12-12-23, 01:09 AM
originaldice
3rd Gear

Default still working on install for ml system

To whom it may concern: I resolved the issue as far as installing aftermarket door speakers and achieving sound for the tweeters and mid base using a LOC AC7I from crutchfield. Now moving forward another issue popped up. I am trying to achieve setting the input voltage coming out of the ml amp from the speaker wires I tapped going into the LOC to achieve the proper voltage to go from the LOC to the aftermarket amplifiers. I am not getting any voltage from the speaker wires I tapped from the ml amp going to LOC which results in not being able to adjust the voltage for a clean sound going into the 4channel amp and sub amp. Any suggestions as to why I am not getting any voltage out of speaker wires I tapped from ml amp. I should be getting some voltage considering that it is an amplifier. Is it possible that I am not getting any voltage from head unit to amplifier or is the amp possibly bad. The weird thing is the radio plays the front tweeters in dash no problem, so you would think the ml amp is functioning properly. I just need to figure out why I am not getting any voltage out of ml amp because if I am not getting voltage out of ml amp I can not adjust gains on LOC resulting in not being able to adjust gains on aftermarket amps. Any info would be helpful. Thank you.