LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

LS430 on Rotiforms

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-13, 08:36 PM
Rowdiggty
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS430 on Rotiforms...UPDATE COILOVERS GRILL CALIPERS!

I picked up these Rotiform BLQ in piano black and figured Id post up!
I'd Love any feedback /advice / suggestions
I know i need a drop Im all stock suspension wise.
Anyone have pictures of an ls430 on 18" tanabe springs and the youzealand or junction SS kit? I cant find pictures anywhere.
Also I'm going to get different tires these are only 225/45/18
Any suggestions on tire size for an 18" X 8.5" wheel with 35mm backspacing?
I want my wheels to fill the wheel wells and have a lower but not dumped. Not interested in rolling or shaving fenders etc.
I wanna keep my camber in check so im not blowing through tires. I'm Already having camber/tire wear issues in the back with stock suspension.

I didnt go to 20's because I didnt want to go to extreme, Cops are already mean muggin me hard!

Last edited by Rowdiggty; 05-19-13 at 02:21 PM.
Old 02-24-13, 09:06 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 432 Likes on 356 Posts

Those wheels look good. The Youzealand kit is pretty expensive. I'd actually just recommend a set of coilovers so you can control the height. Just the drop alone should help. I think the tires are fine too.

Black on black gets tons of attention from police. My black SC with black SSR's gets pulled over all the time.
Old 02-24-13, 10:01 PM
Rowdiggty
Rookie

thanks for the kind words!
I was thinking of just making the spacers for the front for now or finding a used kit.
The only thing i was concerned about was longevity with coilovers, I drive a lot and plan on keeping the car along time.
Old 02-24-13, 10:12 PM
C8V6C
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't want to be too negative...but I typically don't like black on black, 18s look a little small for my tastes (even my 19s feel small some days) and the style of wheel is not for me.

But with all that being said, it will look much better lowered! And coilovers should outlast your already old factory struts and springs!
Old 02-24-13, 10:25 PM
Rowdiggty
Rookie

I hear you. I only like them gloss black and you gotta keep em clean! when they are dirty they look flat black and faded.
I think its my tires that make these look to small. My stock 17s filled out the wheel wells better.
Im going to get a wider/taller tire for them.

heres my stocks.
Old 02-24-13, 10:40 PM
Vossen Wheels
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Should look sick once it's sitting lower! Any plans on carrying the black to the trim pieces or anything?
Old 02-25-13, 07:08 AM
klum00
Driver School Candidate

The right sized tires and lowered and it will look great. I'm in MD too, those wheels have been on Craigslist for a while!
Old 02-25-13, 07:52 AM
Rowdiggty
Rookie

Originally Posted by Vossen Wheels
Should look sick once it's sitting lower! Any plans on carrying the black to the trim pieces or anything?
Thanks!
I thought about it, all my emblems are black. I didn't want to plasti dip the window trim so maybe if I get ahold of some vinyl.
Old 02-25-13, 07:55 AM
Rowdiggty
Rookie

Originally Posted by klum00
The right sized tires and lowered and it will look great. I'm in MD too, those wheels have been on Craigslist for a while!
Thanks! I've been eying this wheel up for a while but never saw it in our bold pattern,due to my budget and needing tires ASAP I had to pounce on em!

Any suggestions on tire size?

Where in md? What are u driving?
Old 02-25-13, 11:50 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Smile

Originally Posted by Rowdiggty
thanks for the kind words!
I was thinking of just making the spacers for the front for now or finding a used kit.
The only thing i was concerned about was longevity with coilovers, I drive a lot and plan on keeping the car along time.
You're welcome!

Spacers would work good all the way around. As far as tire sizes go, if you wanted to you could go with 235's or 245's and keep the same profile. Once it's lowered it should fill the wheel wells enough, especially with a 40 or 45 profile tire.

Coilover longevity has always been a concern of mine as well. I see a lot of high end coilovers like JIC's and Tom's getting rebuilt after only a few thousand miles and it worries me. From what I've seen Tein and Tanabe coilovers last a long time. I've seen Teins go to almost 100,000 miles without issues.

Another option is going with a cheaper coilover like Megan or BC. I know Megans are reliable from personal experience with my SC300. BC's are built even better and both are very cheap to replace should one of the struts blow out.
Old 02-25-13, 11:53 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Smile

Thanks!
I thought about it, all my emblems are black. I didn't want to plasti dip the window trim so maybe if I get ahold of some vinyl.
Don't Plasti Dip the window trim. Vinyl would be better or you can use blackout tape. I got some blackout tape from Amazon for $5 about a year ago.
Old 02-25-13, 02:17 PM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Hate being negative also but i'm not digging the 18s, cops in MD are just fine so i dont think you can make that excuse. I would not murder out this car, just my opinion though.
Old 02-25-13, 03:21 PM
Lust4Lexus
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I hear you. I only like them gloss black and you gotta keep em clean! when they are dirty they look flat black and faded.
I think its my tires that make these look to small. My stock 17s filled out the wheel wells better.
Im going to get a wider/taller tire for them.

heres my stocks.
Holy crap! That's my car's twin! Is your tint Huper optik ceramic 40? I thought someone stole a pic of my car!

On another note, IMHO those rims don't really look right on this car. It looks like a police cruiser to me. Maybe it's the center caps? Can the be changed to black?

Last edited by Lust4Lexus; 02-25-13 at 03:26 PM.
Old 02-25-13, 03:40 PM
Rowdiggty
Rookie

Originally Posted by MDSC
Hate being negative also but i'm not digging the 18s, cops in MD are just fine so i dont think you can make that excuse. I would not murder out this car, just my opinion though.
In my experience out in the suburbs cops hassle people for nearly anything. Ive been pulled over 3 times for my window tint which is clearly legal. They've only given me warnings each time, its like they are just fishing for something.
I don't get any kind of hassle when Im in the city but I live out in the burbs so...
All I'm saying is Ive noticed more attention from police since putting these wheels on.
Old 02-25-13, 03:46 PM
Rowdiggty
Rookie

Originally Posted by Lust4Lexus
Holy crap! That's my car's twin! Is your tint Huper optik ceramic 40? I thought someone stole a pic of my car!

On another note, IMHO those rims don't really look right on this car. It looks like a police cruiser to me. Maybe it's the center caps? Can the be changed to black?
Im happy with them, just want to get alittle taller tires and a slight drop and hopefully they wont look so small.

No I have llumar formula one pinnacle ceramic 50%.

Quick Reply: LS430 on Rotiforms