LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Coilovers coming off. What next?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-13, 08:33 PM
doodoo
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Default Coilovers coming off. What next?

I have taken off my tein cs coils off my ls430 with less than 10k miles on them. I am thinking of what to put on in terms of suspension next. I want to be able to go low but also have that floaty feeling. I was thinking running a cup kit. Any suggestions are appreciated. My coils are also for sale( also come with edfc controller kit). If interested please send me a pm.
Old 03-31-13, 02:21 AM
SQuester
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Air ride.

The Tein CS are about as soft as it gets in terms of spring rates, so if that wasn't good enough for you then I doubt any coilover will work for your goals. A cup kit will effectively raise your spring rates when aired up, so that's definitely not the way you want to go.

Riding low and having a cushy ride sounds good in theory, but the reality of it is that you will murder your fenders if you're also running a flush rim fitment.

Ride quality is totally subjective and road condition dependent, but the only way I can really see it working out is with an air system that also utilizes a coilover so you get the adjustable perches and dampening to truly dial in the driving height.

What didn't you like about the Tein's? Also, what do you consider to be a low drive height?
Old 03-31-13, 03:01 PM
doodoo
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SQuester
Air ride.

The Tein CS are about as soft as it gets in terms of spring rates, so if that wasn't good enough for you then I doubt any coilover will work for your goals. A cup kit will effectively raise your spring rates when aired up, so that's definitely not the way you want to go.

Riding low and having a cushy ride sounds good in theory, but the reality of it is that you will murder your fenders if you're also running a flush rim fitment.

Ride quality is totally subjective and road condition dependent, but the only way I can really see it working out is with an air system that also utilizes a coilover so you get the adjustable perches and dampening to truly dial in the driving height.

What didn't you like about the Tein's? Also, what do you consider to be a low drive height?
I want to ride low as to show the rim and not the tire. I have 19s. So are you suggesting doing uas setup?
Old 04-01-13, 01:03 AM
SQuester
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, especially with 19's and how low you intend to have your drive height. That way if the ride height is good but the ride is too stiff you can raise the spring perches and run a lower pressure in the bag to have a cushier ride. Or if the height is good but too soft, lower the perches and run more bag pressure. Add in the adjustable dampening, and you'll be able to really dial in your ride characteristics.