Lead Lap

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

Automotive AIDS right there!
Old 10-26-13, 03:10 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by bigvain31
Funny you mentioned that. I just got a ticket from a State Trooper who said I was impersonating a cop (BULL BUTTER). He was stopping kids in old Acura Integras & Honda Civics with flashing blue lights. However I literally live across the street from a County Police station and I drive by them up and down the road all the time with no issues. I'm going to fight the ticket in court.

Sorry I don't have before pics but it's the standard dim white yellowish fog lights. I wanted to change them to give the car a better look.
all this means is you've never got caught for it.

blue exterior lights are just asking to get over! thats like running blue, pink, or purple fog lights
Old 10-26-13, 03:30 PM
MoparMan
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lavrishevo
Yeah. I would go in and apologize and say you did not know to the judge and change it. You will probably get the ticket waved if you change it. Try to fight it. You'll loose. Blue, red, and flashing LED's will get you a tickets immediately. Especially, LED's. Any trooper looking for a easy ticket is going to pull you over.
Originally Posted by Kira X
The blue looks great! I've talked to a few local officers about having blue lights on the license plate and fog lights and they said it's alright if it's not flashing but you could still get pulled over depending on the cop. I have the same blue LED as you and I generally keep them off since I've been pulled over for it.

How did you get the light covers off of the top lights above the back seats? I've been trying to take mine off and they won't pop out.
Going to the judge and saying I didnt know could be seen as ignorance of the law and depending on the judge he could throw the book. Ive been several times and best way is to say Im sorry and I had no idea, I should have checked the laws first and have already fixed the problem. Then they should be easy. Cops here in GA do not **** around for blue, Ive even had them follow me for green, and ive even been pulled over for white strobes (not a ricey, needed them for my job so I didnt die at night) but saying sorry and telling them you fixed it should seal the deal on it being thrown out. Most likely they will give you a 30-60-90 probation period where if you get caught with blue again he will throw double penalty.
Old 10-27-13, 08:34 PM
LS4EVER85
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Post pics please when you do it!
Old 10-28-13, 09:49 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン
Forum Moderator

Received 446 Likes on 368 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by MoparMan
Going to the judge and saying I didnt know could be seen as ignorance of the law and depending on the judge he could throw the book. Ive been several times and best way is to say Im sorry and I had no idea, I should have checked the laws first and have already fixed the problem. Then they should be easy. Cops here in GA do not **** around for blue, Ive even had them follow me for green, and ive even been pulled over for white strobes (not a ricey, needed them for my job so I didnt die at night) but saying sorry and telling them you fixed it should seal the deal on it being thrown out. Most likely they will give you a 30-60-90 probation period where if you get caught with blue again he will throw double penalty.
Thanks for the tip on that. When I got pulled over I didn't get a ticket but that is good to know. I recently changed my fogs to 6000k LED's so I don't get into trouble.

That's crazy that they hassled you for white strobe lights. In my area you can have any color as long as it's not flashing red or blue. Technically blue bulbs themselves aren't illegal here according to a police officer I know but you can still get into trouble depending on how blue they are.
Old 10-28-13, 09:55 AM
MoparMan
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kira X
Thanks for the tip on that. When I got pulled over I didn't get a ticket but that is good to know. I recently changed my fogs to 6000k LED's so I don't get into trouble.

That's crazy that they hassled you for white strobe lights. In my area you can have any color as long as it's not flashing red or blue. Technically blue bulbs themselves aren't illegal here according to a police officer I know but you can still get into trouble depending on how blue they are.
Yeah, blue and red are illegal, and green if you arent a volunteer anything. I never got hassled for the green tag lights though, because my truck was green. Yeah, the cops pulled me over as I was driving around looking for my boss in the other truck at 2 am and I told them they arent illegal but the cop didnt know and the chief didnt know either so they just told me to cut them off.