LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Forum starting to suck

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-14, 07:08 PM
740ilsamue
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, I can understand your being bothered by those less informed about info, but please hang in there. I used to have a 2001 bmw 740il, and because of their similar forum, I kept it for years. I traded it for the Avalon, but I missed the higher level of car, and traded for the ls 430. Before I bought it though, I checked to see if a similar forum existed, for my 2002 ls 430 had issues. This forum, with the posts and personalities, enabled me to buy my Ls 430. I'm sure I'm one of those you are speaking about, and I truly do appreciate others and your help.
Old 02-26-14, 07:26 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 196 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by Gene01
Just a thought about my first-hand experience:
I found the "normal" search to be quite useless, and this may be a contributing factor to a new member being unable to use it effectively.
It seems that the "advanced" search is much better at providing relevant search results.
Of course, it may be that I don't know what I'm doing :-) If so, please enlighten me.
useless is an understatement, I thought it was just me , but it pulls up nothing relevant to your search.

I never use it ,,I just use google, and it usually sends me back here to a more relevant thread.
Old 02-26-14, 08:43 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 472 Likes on 362 Posts

The Google search engine is quite thorough and will find results using less keywords. However the number of results can be quite broad and results can direct to other sites. The search within Club Lexus does work well provided it has enough specific keywords within the criteria. Any info that members may want relevant to the FAQ we'd ask that you post the question for other members to answer and or PM one of the LS moderators for future inclusion.
Old 02-26-14, 09:13 PM
Jabberwock

Received 205 Likes on 168 Posts

LS430 demographic and nature and types of questions and posts is changing over time. LS keeps getting older so multiple factors are going to play out:

1. Used LS getting cheaper over time - down below 8k for older high mile versions
2. Increasing range of age and income level of average owner, generally younger and lower income perhaps...
3. Despite being ultra reliable, as the LS430 ages it should begin to show more varied types of mechanical failures including some serious issues
4. Parts scarcity may become an issue
5. Over time we may see multiple diverging paths for these cars - at least two paths will be a) LS430s as low cost reliable beaters b) LS430s kept close to mint condition as potential high value classic cars
Old 02-26-14, 09:46 PM
HiloDB1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Facts dont change opinions do. You dont need people to keep posting the same things over and over just because they dont know how to use the search function or are to lazy to do a little research.

Last edited by HiloDB1; 02-26-14 at 09:50 PM.
Old 02-27-14, 05:12 AM
warminwisc
Lexus Champion

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

It sure seems few of the folks who ask questions about reliability on older LS's actually buy them or post back. The LS is such a reliable car if people looked up the problems with the search bar we would have few posts as very few new problems are reported. When was the last time you had a real serious engine or tranny problem. more Control arms, flush this that, dyi simple maintenance, vibration issues, t belts, wheel bearing. I see very little computer issues, electrical issues I mean for a 13 year old car not alot to say anymore which hasn't been said. You can always skim right over it.
Old 02-27-14, 05:57 AM
Boomer01
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 02-27-14, 06:33 AM
ancdmd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Boomer01
amazing!
Old 02-27-14, 07:04 AM
Marklouis
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

just yesterday driving home I got the dreaded Check VCS and check engine lights and the LS went into limp mode. Ran the codes and got the P0172 and P0175 - plugged those into the search bar and got the threads I needed to sift through. answer found - a good MAF cleaning was needed which I forgot to do the past few oil changes and air filter replacement a few weeks ago, didn't dawn on me to check the MAF even then. Clear the codes and car drives normal again, plus gas mileage shot up. Time to edit the check list

just for giggles though "sometimes posted by newbs":

"hi driving home check engine light VCS came on car started shaking hard shifting crazy plz help"

Last edited by Marklouis; 02-27-14 at 07:57 AM.
Old 02-27-14, 07:45 AM
XJSFan
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

I don't mind seeing these type of threads, you never know if something new may be mentioned... If you don't want to read some of these threads, don't click... Anyways, I love this forum and I try and read some of these threads everyday. Thanks for the info guys.
Old 02-27-14, 04:44 PM
430THUNDER
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have to agree that there are limited how -to. I just finished reading a lot about LED bulb change outs...with hardly any pics of the bulbs,item #s or cost and where to get them. A link to ebay with 250 options does not get it. I think Motorcycle forums are much better at this. Always room for improvement, myself included
Old 03-02-14, 08:26 PM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Marklouis
Like most corporations do, it would be advantageous to have a short orientation setup for new user accounts on Forums that they have to complete before joining the masses. There would have to be a slight overhaul of the Website, but it would save space for sure
This would be great... Something that they'd have to access and view prior to moving through the many sections of CL. Such as, view FAQ or Stickies before gaining access to first posting. Clicking on Thread Rules prior to having access to creating their first thread.

That works for AAA employees in our intranet site. Reduces redundancy and keeps some of us from looking like idiots. My first few newbie posts got me flammed because just like most newbies i just didnt know better... But at some point you gotta recognize the fact that almost most if not every question has already been answered and looking for it first is more gratifying than looking for handouts all the time.

Last edited by MikeFoxx; 03-02-14 at 08:48 PM.
Old 03-03-14, 05:30 AM
Tmarbury
Driver School Candidate

Default CL members

First and foremost, we all make spelling and grammar errors or just plainly type without reviewing. Its annoyaning when we begin to think that we are perfect and have ownership of this site, when we do not. Simply put, if you do not like it, delete it and don't complain make sound and good recommendation to improving our experience when visit "CL".

The fact that so many first time buyers have a place to seek our advice before they buy is a great idea and source for first hand knowledge and experience . Why not ask us LS430 owners what we think about this product before they go out and make purchase and regret it later.

Those who complain about other users/newbies should think about when they purchase their first car. If there was an forum out their to address their concerns or inquires.

Here is qoute that comes to mind, "The moe one criticize and judge, the more cynical one becomes".

Our moderators are doind an exellent job; as for me there is no forunm like our "Club Lexus Forum"; and I enjoy sharing my experiences with my LS430 on this site.
Old 03-03-14, 08:26 AM
tjwashow
Rookie

I my self am 28 years old. I have owned close to 10 cars in my life. this being the most comfortable without a doubt. The mileage on these cars does not scare, the air suspension does alittle, so far so good though.

I am in the process of fixing my black UL. i use the search function alot. Not on this site though because its pretty poor. I use google and always get results from clublexus. The fact that these cars are becoming cheaper is a good thing. I love the ride.

I join forums because when i cant find the answer on google i can get a more personal answer here. I thought they were here to help the owners of LS430's. I have had good results from when I have posted here.
Old 03-03-14, 08:31 AM
Legender
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 76 Posts

Hint....
You can always use google to search only this site (or any site for that matter)... just add 'site:clublexus.com' after your search criteria and it only searches this site.. easy to do and works great.

Quick Reply: Forum starting to suck