LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Just bought an UL LS430 and have questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-14, 04:33 AM
honeygee2
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Brake light is an easy fix. Get into backseat and facing rearward slightly karate chop the plastic holder towards the passenger side. It will move about a third of an inch. Pull back and up and it should come out. Go to autozone and replace bulb. You get two for eight bucks. Don't touch bulb when installing Use latex gloves. You can also google it and get the instructions
Old 03-20-14, 06:39 AM
UGKkllr
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by honeygee2
Brake light is an easy fix. Get into backseat and facing rearward slightly karate chop the plastic holder towards the passenger side. It will move about a third of an inch. Pull back and up and it should come out. Go to autozone and replace bulb. You get two for eight bucks. Don't touch bulb when installing Use latex gloves. You can also google it and get the instructions
That's why i love this forum. Thank you
Old 03-20-14, 10:55 AM
jayclapp
Lexus Champion

Received 106 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by UGKkllr
Thank you for the helpful post. I see that same part is 45 bux shipped on ebay. I wonder what shipping would be from Sewell and how long it would take. I am having my car detailed soon so the sooner the better. And what about part # 87139-YZZ01 which is an in cabin filter , do I need that as well ?.
I just ordered the rear filter from Sewell yesterday along with the 87139-YZZ01 cabin filter which goes in the glove box. Shipping for both was $12.22 for a total of $72.32 for both cabin filters.
Old 03-20-14, 11:04 AM
Lavrishevo
Lexus Fanatic

Received 310 Likes on 229 Posts

You can also get the OEM denso charcoal front cabin filter on Amazon for $18.07

They don't have OEM rear to my knowledge but the Beck Arnley is only $33.98 Wonder why the rears are not charcoal filters?
Old 03-20-14, 12:03 PM
UGKkllr
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Lavrishevo
You can also get the OEM denso charcoal front cabin filter on Amazon for $18.07

They don't have OEM rear to my knowledge but the Beck Arnley is only $33.98 Wonder why the rears are not charcoal filters?
I went to advance auto parts today to get some cleaning supplies and the third brake light bulbs. They had the Denso filter in stock for around 28 bux if i recall but i passed on it. Guess I will just place an order with Sewell. It's been years since i ordered from them, do I contact them thru the forum or call them ?
Old 03-20-14, 12:08 PM
UGKkllr
Intermediate

Cleaned the car up a little today altho it is getting a real detail at the end of next week which will be hand wash, clay bar, hand wash, polish , buff and wax. My friends brother is doing it and he has done a bunch of high end show cars , I'm sure it is gonna bring out every imperfection Here is what I have for now. Gonna fix all the stuff that needs fixing, address the odor in the car and also order the Data System controller for the air suspension asap
Attached Thumbnails Just bought an UL LS430 and have questions-img_0692.jpg  
Old 03-20-14, 12:32 PM
Legender
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 76 Posts

I went to advance auto parts today to get some cleaning supplies and the third brake light bulbs. They had the Denso filter in stock for around 28 bux if i recall but i passed on it. Guess I will just place an order with Sewell. It's been years since i ordered from them, do I contact them thru the forum or call them ?
Register online and then you can order online. Pretty simple.

http://lexus.sewellparts.com/
Old 03-20-14, 03:40 PM
tjwashow
Rookie

my third brake light bulb works but only the brake portion of the light works. If you can turn your lights on to test the function of the running light in the third brake light then you must have an issue somewhere.

Mine only works when you apply the brakes but does not turn on when the rest of the lights are turning on. I foudn the problem to be a shorted socket that the bulb plugs into. Going to have to soder in a new socket in order for the running lights to work.
Old 03-20-14, 03:47 PM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Black is the best and worst at same time. When clean it's like a mirror and so beautiful. Once you get home...Every dust that has collected you see.
Old 03-20-14, 05:50 PM
UGKkllr
Intermediate

Originally Posted by AlexusAnja
Black is the best and worst at same time. When clean it's like a mirror and so beautiful. Once you get home...Every dust that has collected you see.
It doesnt help that I have a 600 foot long gravel driveway either. I have been crawling up and down my driveway since I got this car. As long as I go slow it's fine. Getting rid of my outside cats tmrw since they have already been on my LS several times now. Soon I will be listing my house for sale and moving back to the suburbs where I will have pavement and a 2 car garage . Luckily I work from home mostly so I do not have to park my car somewhere out in public all day
Old 03-20-14, 06:05 PM
UGKkllr
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jayclapp
I just ordered the rear filter from Sewell yesterday along with the 87139-YZZ01 cabin filter which goes in the glove box. Shipping for both was $12.22 for a total of $72.32 for both cabin filters.
When I click on 87139-YZZ01 it gives me two options cabin filter and rear cabin filter , do I need both of these ? Are there any other cabin filters I need or just two ?

And I notice the ultra luxury floor mats in black are discontinued , whats different bout them from the standard ones on other LS models ?

Last edited by UGKkllr; 03-20-14 at 06:17 PM.
Old 03-21-14, 04:18 AM
honeygee2
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tjwashow
my third brake light bulb works but only the brake portion of the light works. If you can turn your lights on to test the function of the running light in the third brake light then you must have an issue somewhere.

Mine only works when you apply the brakes but does not turn on when the rest of the lights are turning on. I foudn the problem to be a shorted socket that the bulb plugs into. Going to have to soder in a new socket in order for the running lights to work.
The third brake light only lights when you use the brake.
Old 03-21-14, 04:35 AM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It doesnt help that I have a 600 foot long gravel driveway either. I have been crawling up and down my driveway since I got this car. As long as I go slow it's fine. Getting rid of my outside cats tmrw since they have already been on my LS several times now. Soon I will be listing my house for sale and moving back to the suburbs where I will have pavement and a 2 car garage . Luckily I work from home mostly so I do not have to park my car somewhere out in public all day
Wow...now that's what I call babying a car. Got rid of cats, house. Next the wife?
Old 03-21-14, 05:12 AM
UGKkllr
Intermediate

Originally Posted by AlexusAnja
Wow...now that's what I call babying a car. Got rid of cats, house. Next the wife?
Ha ! Let me clarify , we were gonna get rid of them anyways since we are moving back to the suburbs soon from the country. Me getting this car just kinda sped that process up. The wife gets to stay tho
Old 03-21-14, 06:22 AM
Lavrishevo
Lexus Fanatic

Received 310 Likes on 229 Posts

This a great little unit to own as well
Amazon.com - BISSELL Little Green ProHeat Compact Multi-Purpose Carpet Cleaner, 14259 - Amazon.com - BISSELL Little Green ProHeat Compact Multi-Purpose Carpet Cleaner, 14259 -

Quick Reply: Just bought an UL LS430 and have questions