LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

What did you do to your LS430 today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-22, 05:37 PM
Esjay
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by nedear1688
I did this Apple CarPlay upgrade to my 05, I really enjoy driving the LS more regardless gas prices skyrocket spike! The BeatSonic trim kit are rare to find and it's expensive as well...but they are the only company sell it, it came with the plug and play adapter which allow retaining the factory navigation, A/C control, backup camera and best of all retain the Mark Levinson amp incorporated with the aftermarket radio, I only lose the MODE, track up/down function. I like how the Sony radio still have the volume **** and it has good features vs the OEM radio. I like how the trim piece color match with factory. The sound quality is up a par compared with the OEM radio.

Before the OEM radio removal.

The finished setup.
Steering wheel controls still work?
Old 09-02-22, 05:48 PM
Esjay
Rookie

Originally Posted by BaconLS430
I replaced the Trunk Release Switch on my 06 today and even took the time to record a quick instructional video regarding the process.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUR4_8gO-Z8
Thanks for the walkthrough. I just bought a replacement button; my release looks pretty much like your's did. Big help!
Old 09-04-22, 10:41 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン
Forum Moderator

Received 446 Likes on 368 Posts

I polished my exhaust tips. They didn’t look bad but figured I might as well clean them up since I was cleaning up the SC300 and IS350’s tips.
Old 09-05-22, 06:56 AM
beercan
Pit Crew

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

New longer studs for wheel spacers.
New rotors - ATE and brake pads - Delphi. Quickly repainted the brake guard with a can. The calipers were powder coated few years ago.
I rebuilt my calipers few years ago, the seals are in good condition but there's a lot of rust on the pistons.
The following 2 users liked this post by beercan:
LatinLS430 (09-07-22), nvwls (09-05-22)
Old 09-12-22, 10:26 AM
BaggedLS4
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Ill post pics when im done but i started to "upgrade" my sound in my 430 tore out the stock head unit for a Alpine iLX 650 wiring was a nightmare because the tyto 01 box doesnt turn on the factory amp and i refused to pay $400 for some wires i also replaced the factory amp with a Clarion XC2510 amp using the factory wiring (pain in the *** to trace but worked out) and RCAs to the Alpine. Ripped out the factory subwoofer (mine was a one piece unit id never seen) and put a JL audio 8 inch in i just need to make a sealing bracket and screw it down and put it all back together factory system was i believe about 175 watts total for all 7 speakers 25 watts a piece with the XC2510 ive effectively doubled that for next to nothing and put in a cleaner sub
Old 09-12-22, 10:35 AM
BaconLS430
Pit Crew

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

It's been about two weeks now (I say that a lot in these threads) but I installed the BT45-TOY adapters in both my mom's and my LS430. Simple enough to install with a nut driver and some plastic trim tools. I definitely recommend a magnetic nut driver if you have one just for the peace of mind and I also recommend emptying your cd changer if you have one before taking it out. I didn't and after I did the job, the one in my mom's car stopped working properly. Took me 30 minutes to get it to spit out the first cd, then I could get the rest out. The edge of one had caught on something and had a little notch in the plastic develop. Smoothed that out, loaded the discs back in and all is well.

Only complaint I really have is with my phone, it connects to the built in phone first then won't auto-connect to the BT45 so I have to go in and pair it manually.

Originally Posted by Esjay
Thanks for the walkthrough. I just bought a replacement button; my release looks pretty much like your's did. Big help!
Rock on, dude. It's a simple enough job but it's still nice to have a visual reference or a simple video when you're taking apart a $60k car. Glad it was helpful!
Old 09-13-22, 07:09 PM
Esjay
Rookie

Finally got around to repairing my busted ML subwoofer. (I use finally loosely here, I’ve only had the car for 3 weeks).

Unfortunately, my speaker grill was so sub baked and brittle, removing it caused it to completely separate from the clips; new one ordered on EBay. Once that arrives, I’ll button everything back up.

I was hoping to cut it and leave it like this, but I couldn’t get the speaker out. 🥲

Utility shears. So good.

Made some cut outs for the bolts to be removed. Still had high hopes to save more material. Had to make two more “v shaped” notches for the bottom bolts too (not pictured)

Finally out. Work has begun

Super messy removing all the old foam. Wiped down with baby wipes; didn’t need any goo-gone or alcohol.

Compete. Thanks to SimplySpeakers.com

The following 2 users liked this post by Esjay:
CA2WALS430 (10-01-22), LatinLS430 (09-14-22)
Old 09-14-22, 08:08 PM
wormfarmer
4th Gear

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Default New to me Ls430, starting with the paint

Today I started my paint correction on my 04 and got the back half clay barred. My paint is in good shape but it's got a lot of fine scratches and swirl marks, I've only had it a few months and it needs some TLC. After doing the clay bar (Chemical Guys heavy duty) I can already see a huge improvement. Once I get the whole the car finished, I will take my buffer and get to work with the Meguiars ultimate compound. I just dipped my toes into the detailing world and to be honest all the info and products is a bit overwhelming. If anyone has done this and been happy with your results I'd love to hear your feedback.

I also have some rock chips that I don't know what to do with it. Some look like they are down to the metal but I haven't seen any rust.

Cheers!
Dave
Old 09-15-22, 01:55 AM
beercan
Pit Crew

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Replaced by mechanic - rear diff bushings (OEM, but at discount).
It's rare that someone replaces them, but I'm happy I did this. When transmission shifted, there was a slight kick afterward somewhere in the rear, now it's gone. And the shifts between P and D are smoother, no kicks that were previously.
The following users liked this post:
nvwls (09-15-22)
Old 09-15-22, 07:53 PM
Duck05
Pole Position

Received 379 Likes on 257 Posts

Buffed out the front headlights with a compound and then applied a layer of polymer protectant. Came out okay (did not take pictures). Being 20+ years old and over 250k miles there are quite a few deep pits and scratches and decided not to engage the sanding kit.
Old 09-24-22, 08:10 PM
Esjay
Rookie

Originally Posted by daddykay24
Just got around to replacing my pealing B-pillar. It was a simple job and while I was at it, I installed some JDM window visors. That was another easy install. After installing the visors I found another set of them brand new in my basement. Do I sell or hold on to them?????

Replaced pealing B-pillar

Installed JDM window visors
How much would you sell them for?
Old 09-24-22, 08:57 PM
pmesfun
Advanced

Received 171 Likes on 113 Posts

Got the front bumper repainted a few weeks ago, still need to take it back off to install a couple new parking sensors. Also, first wash of the year, looks decent from 20 feet away.

The following 2 users liked this post by pmesfun:
BigBoomer (09-27-22), nvwls (09-25-22)
Old 10-01-22, 11:20 AM
CA2WALS430
Intermediate

Received 151 Likes on 116 Posts

I replaced my trunk mount left tail light (2004-LED) and the tiny shift indicator bulb inside the center console. Bulb was $4 and the light I got from @Bell Lexus Bell Lexus for $158 with free shipping. $215 at the dealer. Love Bell. Both jobs were pretty easy, especially the tail light. I like all buttons and lights working, and I always feel good when I save a little dough on labor, get myself confident and pull it off. Both jobs went well, under 1 hour for both.
The following 2 users liked this post by CA2WALS430:
Esjay (10-01-22), stuckincal (10-01-22)
Old 10-01-22, 12:09 PM
stuckincal
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Painted my 2 1/2" straightpipe and ordered some new 18" wheels...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/14jFdwuhBqiAqwz68

https://www.vividracing.com/velox-st...152576857.html

Old 10-01-22, 12:17 PM
stuckincal
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Last Monday (Albeit a bit late to post), I installed my new BC Racing DS series coilovers with 14F/10R springs. Old air bag system was shot and needed to go the way of the Dodo Bird. No more porpoising or bouncing now, handles like my kid's '95 SC400 now!!!! Like it's on rails!!!

New wheels and new tires a comin'!!

This is as low as I'll ever go! Rides great and looks perfect to me!
The following users liked this post:
boostinsc (02-27-23)

Quick Reply: What did you do to your LS430 today?