Intermediate

Received 74 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by nemo7
Picked up my LS this past weekend!
2006 LS430 Ultra Luxury
just received my air suspension today!

IMG_2134 by PUREQ50, on Flickr

IMG_2139 by PUREQ50, on Flickr
I'm not sure if it's something on my end or what... your pictures don't show up when viewing the thread, but I can see them as I'm typing this after clicking to quote your message...

Anyway, slick looking LS. Do you plan on keeping the rear camber like that? Or plan on correcting the negative camber with a camber kit? I know some like the "stanced" look, but I imagine they're only cambered like that because the car is so slow, otherwise you'd probably have the front wheel camber similarly set. I'm assuming you probably plan on correcting it since you'd be buying rear tires every couple of months as the insides get chewed up, especially if you have a heavy right foot... and I know from buying my current set of tires 2 months ago, a good set of these 245/45/18s aren't cheap at about $1,000 for 4 of them.

What mods have you done to the car other than the obvious suspension and exhaust work? Is that a full exhaust with different headers?
Old 07-03-18, 10:03 PM
jherr
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Today I reinstalled my driver’s door card with upgraded vinyl. I also disassembled the driver’s mirror in an attempt to fix the over-rotation problem. No luck there. The washer that compresses the spring was in the correct position. I fear the issue may be below the first set of gears. I’ve no idea how to dissassemble the bottom portion of the mirror. On the plus side it actually worked the same after reassembly. At least I am no worse off.
Old 07-03-18, 10:32 PM
Mbodall
Intermediate

Received 74 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by jherr
I also disassembled the driver’s mirror in an attempt to fix the over-rotation problem. No luck there. The washer that compresses the spring was in the correct position. I fear the issue may be below the first set of gears. I’ve no idea how to dissassemble the bottom portion of the mirror. On the plus side it actually worked the same after reassembly. At least I am no worse off.
I have the same problem. Even though I have the switch on the dash set to not fold the mirrors ever, every time I start the car it either folds out a little bit or all the way. I've developed a habit of starting the car with my door open a little and push the front side of the mirror housing with my left hand to stop it from rotating. I've been doing this for about 2 years ever since someone walked by my parked car at work with some kind of heavy backpack or purse on only one of their shoulders, and left a nice little scratch down both doors a few inches below the windows leading right up to the mirror. Came out on lunch to find the mirror completely folded forwards.

A few days ago I finally decided to do a quick fix and unplugged the connector that powers that mirror from inside the door panel. I knew that I'd lose the ability to adjust the mirror itself which was fine with me since it was already set to how I want it. Slightly less convenient, I didn't realize that I'd also lose the feature that tilts the mirror down when in reverse...but my biggest grievance with unplugging it is that the auto-dimming of the mirror at night that doesn't work anymore I guess I'm going to plug it back in and just keep holding the mirror in place every time I start the car....
Old 07-04-18, 02:49 PM
BCT
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts

I zip-tied my driver side mirror to stop it from rotating past the normal point. I am going to disassemble the mirror when I have chance to see if I can fix it permanently.
Old 07-04-18, 03:01 PM
BMW7_LS430
Instructor

Received 125 Likes on 98 Posts

Changed timing belt and water pump at 114K. First time ever such a lengthy service in my life. I am so excited that I could do it.

Thanks to jimdwright on this board and Nick from the video. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...ent-ls430.html
Old 07-05-18, 08:20 AM
nemo7
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mbodall
I'm not sure if it's something on my end or what... your pictures don't show up when viewing the thread, but I can see them as I'm typing this after clicking to quote your message...

Anyway, slick looking LS. Do you plan on keeping the rear camber like that? Or plan on correcting the negative camber with a camber kit? I know some like the "stanced" look, but I imagine they're only cambered like that because the car is so slow, otherwise you'd probably have the front wheel camber similarly set. I'm assuming you probably plan on correcting it since you'd be buying rear tires every couple of months as the insides get chewed up, especially if you have a heavy right foot... and I know from buying my current set of tires 2 months ago, a good set of these 245/45/18s aren't cheap at about $1,000 for 4 of them.

What mods have you done to the car other than the obvious suspension and exhaust work? Is that a full exhaust with different headers?

thats weird! maybe soemthing with flickr

but yea i do have all rear arms i will be running some camber as this is my new daily driver,
Current mods are
-megan RCA
-megan toe, camber and lower arms
-rsr blacki coilovers
and front caster bushing

i have a sponosrship through Toyo for my other car so tires isnt an issue but i wont be running as much camber as i do on my other car

heres a picture of my other car:
by https://www.flickr.com/photos/73056923@N03/, on Flickr
The following users liked this post:
Mbodall (07-08-18)
Old 07-05-18, 08:37 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 372 Likes on 346 Posts

I cleaned off artillery fungus (aka shotgun fungus). I'm wondering where I'm getting it from....used to be from neighbor's mulch, but my wife's car doesn't have any? I park my car curbed, with the left side facing grass at work. I didn't think it lived in grass. But the entire trunk lid, roof, some on right side of car (spores shoot 20'+ in the air), nasty. It does come off with water and a microfiber cloth when it is new....as I said, nasty!
Old 07-05-18, 11:29 AM
gmoney94
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Not too shabby. The color is just about a perfect match - I just wish the connective sleeve to attach it wasn't black, but not a deal breaker. The armrest is definitely taller now and it's taken some getting used to - but it's sooo much softer now.

BCT (07-06-18)
Old 07-05-18, 01:45 PM
jherr
Rookie

Originally Posted by Mbodall
I have the same problem. Even though I have the switch on the dash set to not fold the mirrors ever, every time I start the car it either folds out a little bit or all the way. I've developed a habit of starting the car with my door open a little and push the front side of the mirror housing with my left hand to stop it from rotating. I've been doing this for about 2 years ever since someone walked by my parked car at work with some kind of heavy backpack or purse on only one of their shoulders, and left a nice little scratch down both doors a few inches below the windows leading right up to the mirror. Came out on lunch to find the mirror completely folded forwards.

A few days ago I finally decided to do a quick fix and unplugged the connector that powers that mirror from inside the door panel. I knew that I'd lose the ability to adjust the mirror itself which was fine with me since it was already set to how I want it. Slightly less convenient, I didn't realize that I'd also lose the feature that tilts the mirror down when in reverse...but my biggest grievance with unplugging it is that the auto-dimming of the mirror at night that doesn't work anymore I guess I'm going to plug it back in and just keep holding the mirror in place every time I start the car....
One of the guys at the local service shop that specializes in Lexus told me that there is an arm that controls the mirror extension that is probably broken. It must be in the bottom part of the mirror close to where it bolts to the door. I don’t think that is serviceable. I may get it replaced if it can’t be fixed.

Last edited by jherr; 07-07-18 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Misspelling
Old 07-05-18, 02:04 PM
jherr
Rookie

Yesterday I ordered new all new trim badges to replace the mangy gold ones that came on the car.

Best price I could find was from lexuspartshub.com. About 180 or so for everything except the wheel inserts. That would be Lexus badges for front and back, Lexus text for back and LS 430 text for back.

I’ve never used these guys before. They seem legitimate.
Old 07-05-18, 02:07 PM
Romanova
Racer

Received 737 Likes on 520 Posts

Looking through my documentation, I found that the air filter in my car was not OEM. Well, that won't do. I had considered ordering a Tom's panel filter but just couldn't justify the cost. It's so hot in Houston, that with heat soaking in the engine compartment, any performance gains would probably be nil. Surprisingly enough, TRD doesn't seem to make a panel filter for our cars. HKS and Greddy also don't offer a filter for our cars. For those that aren't aware, Blitz makes an air intake system, but I am not interested in spending almost $400 for something that again, is only going to deliver marginal performance gains. Blitz also makes a panel filter that is a bit cheaper than the Tom's filter.

Long story short, ended up ordering an OEM filter.
Mbodall (07-08-18)
Old 07-05-18, 02:19 PM
jherr
Rookie

Today I took my 2004 LS430 in to Davenport motors, which specialize in Lexus models, for a post-purchase inspection. I bought it from a Cadillac dealer that wouldn’t let me take it for a mechanics’s inspection. The theory being that their mechanics checked it out before sale. That may be true but obviously they are not going to disclose all or any deficiencies. Nevertheless, after test driving I felt confident that it was basically mechanically sound. Hopefully the inspection results back that up.

I got it for $6500 with 89,000 miles. I didn’t feel it was that much of a risk at that price. Especially with the interior being in really nice condition. Exterior is a bit of a fixer upper, though.
Old 07-06-18, 01:28 AM
imdking
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by jherr
Today I took my 2004 LS430 in to Davenport motors, which specialize in Lexus models, for a post-purchase inspection. I bought it from a Cadillac dealer that wouldn’t let me take it for a mechanics’s inspection. The theory being that their mechanics checked it out before sale. That may be true but obviously they are not going to disclose all or any deficiencies. Nevertheless, after test driving I felt confident that it was basically mechanically sound. Hopefully the inspection results back that up.

I got it for $6500 with 89,000 miles. I didn’t feel it was that much of a risk at that price. Especially with the interior being in really nice condition. Exterior is a bit of a fixer upper, though.
Pictures, or it didn't happen. Enjoy your ride.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your LS430 today?