LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

What did you do to your LS430 today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-16, 07:49 PM
takimanpgt
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnhav430
Did you use them? I saw they got a F rating BBB, and multiple complaints where wrong parts were shipped and they blamed the customer (looks like at some point they stopped repsonding to the BBB). I also found a dealer that sells them for $19, but when I emailed them how much to ship (because the policy says if it costs more than the estimate, you pay), crickets. I don't want to order from non-responsive companies, even if it could save $20. I don't feel they deserve the business in this day and age....just me....
Yes and they came through just fine.
Old 11-09-16, 10:07 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 372 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by takimanpgt
Yes and they came through just fine.
Do you remember how much the shipping was? I called them and they were actually very rude, just curious. I don't think I can patronize them....
Old 11-09-16, 05:20 PM
LS430cb
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I had an bad experience with them, I ordered the door cover that people love to steal. I gave them my vin and they still sent the wrong cover. I even told them I have the smart key system. They sent the cover with a keyhole then wanted to charge me a restocking fee. I ended up just keeping it, never again.
Old 11-09-16, 05:36 PM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS430cb
I had an bad experience with them, I ordered the door cover that people love to steal. I gave them my vin and they still sent the wrong cover. I even told them I have the smart key system. They sent the cover with a keyhole then wanted to charge me a restocking fee. I ended up just keeping it, never again.
. Thanks the person was really rude on the phone when I asked how much the shipping would be. Forget it! Lol. And two others with a low price did not even email back. To me, this would be what one is faced with if there's any problem...

edit: found a place that lists the mats for $14.xx. It's a Toyota dealer that operates a Lexus dealer and Scion as well. Rather than call or email and be disappointed that they are rude or don't respond (two Toyota dealers did not respond to emails),Just placed an order, to get all the screws, grommets, etc. at one time. I googled and cannot find any ripoff report or BBB complaints on this dealer. If it works out, I'll share....prices are lower than that other place. Oddly, I was charged sales tax, even though the dealer is in FLA. Can only speculate why...paypal? Used Paypal so I'm protected? Let's see how it works out, I feel there is nothing to lose, and again, I ordered all the screws grommets clips etc. that I could think of.
PT208-50010-11LS430 F/M Charcoal$14.95
Tax : United States Tax Rate (6.00%)3$44.85

Last edited by Johnhav430; 11-10-16 at 05:34 AM.
Old 11-10-16, 10:25 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Lunch time and 8 quarters in my pocket....what to do......

Name:  wash_zpskiuvgqfj.jpg
Views: 886
Size:  557.5 KB
Old 11-10-16, 03:43 PM
Legender
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 76 Posts

Wow... I can't do a whole lot of cleaning with only 8 quarters... you must have it down to an art form.
Old 11-10-16, 09:20 PM
tallcaguy
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 54 Posts

I always put in more quarters (usually $5.00). Nothing worse than getting partway thru the job and running out of time!
Old 11-11-16, 05:04 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Legender
Wow... I can't do a whole lot of cleaning with only 8 quarters... you must have it down to an art form.
hehe I didn't do a particularly good job, just sprayed with high pressure soap and then rinsed, that was actually the "before" pic. I just noticed some dirt from two times driving in the rain...what I would normally do is to disregard the "no hand wiping in this bay" sign, and get a microfiber cloth wet with soap, then wipe. Put another $2 in and rinse.

Oddly, I noticed coolant (green) on the floor of the bay (not from my LS, obviously the coolant is pink). It brought back a memory when I was single and washing my 98 Maxima circa '99--some old dude who owned the car wash came up to me and said, "You had better not be pouring antifreeze down my drain!!" I said WTF what a way to treat a customer (I had my hood up lol). I think I see his point though, the water is recycled and used to wash cars...YIKES.
Old 11-12-16, 11:17 PM
Scootymad
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I took my LS down to the local dragstrip for a quick blast. Slapped some FD RX7 wheels on with some dirty old Michelins (there's about a thick black Mediterranean one between the wheel and the caliper), and proceeded to hose them off the best way possible. For a big heavy old pig, it sure moves out quite well, had a best of 15.1 ET at 93mph with no-prep, rain and cold weather

The following users liked this post:
kaizmauka (11-25-21)
Old 11-13-16, 04:52 PM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Scootymad
I took my LS down to the local dragstrip for a quick blast. Slapped some FD RX7 wheels on with some dirty old Michelins (there's about a thick black Mediterranean one between the wheel and the caliper), and proceeded to hose them off the best way possible. For a big heavy old pig, it sure moves out quite well, had a best of 15.1 ET at 93mph with no-prep, rain and cold weather
haha I had to spank a Maxima getting on the Expressway today....didn't know my car was that fast!
Old 11-16-16, 07:58 PM
Gronemus
Advanced

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts

Replaced the subwoofer foam surround using the kit from Simply Speakers. Works like a champ. It's nice to get rid of the buzz coming out of the back of the vehicle. Taking apart the seats was pretty easy and I managed to find about 33¢ in change sitting underneath them. I feel like a rich man...
Old 11-16-16, 10:04 PM
tallcaguy
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Gronemus
Replaced the subwoofer foam surround using the kit from Simply Speakers. Works like a champ. It's nice to get rid of the buzz coming out of the back of the vehicle. Taking apart the seats was pretty easy and I managed to find about 33¢ in change sitting underneath them. I feel like a rich man...
Glad to hear it worked out well. I'll have a totally rebuilt subwoofer installed on Friday. Did your redo help the overall quality of your sound system? Right now, I don't have a subwoofer. All the speakers sound buzzy and worn out. Hope the new one helps! Congrats on the 33 cents.
Old 11-17-16, 03:39 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

I went to the gym at 5 AM EST--very naive, I thought I'd own the place, to the contrary. Could not find a parking space, about as crowded as Sat. at 7 AM, always looking to curb the LS.

Got various parts on the way, cupholder and pry tools to be delivered on Fri., hope to replace on Sat. Looks like the $15 floor mats and fasteners are on the way, got fedex tracking. The pins for the plastic covers were on backorder (the Lexus dealer had a total of 2 when I went in person, and I requested 32!). I think I've found a legit Toyota/Lexus eTailer who is an actual dealership....I haven't seen them mentioned here b4....
Old 11-17-16, 10:33 PM
Gronemus
Advanced

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by tallcaguy
Glad to hear it worked out well. I'll have a totally rebuilt subwoofer installed on Friday. Did your redo help the overall quality of your sound system? Right now, I don't have a subwoofer. All the speakers sound buzzy and worn out. Hope the new one helps! Congrats on the 33 cents.
When I first test drove the car I didn't turn on the radio because I wanted to hear what the car was saying to me, as it turns out, not much. When I got back from the test ride I did turn on the radio and that's when I noticed the bad speaker in the front drivers door. The subwoofer defect wasn't apparent until some real bass heavy songs popped up. Then it sounded like the car was falling apart.

I've got both speakers repaired now and I think the car sounds very good right now when playing CD's. AM performance kind of blows and I haven't listened to enough FM yet to form an opinion. IMHO, I think the sound quality of my 2004 Acura TL was much better than what I'm hearing out of this car. Playing the demo DVD audio disk that Acura gave you for the first time was truly mind blowing.

I'll probably pull the remaining speakers from the other doors and replace the foam in those even if they haven't separated yet. The process isn't that difficult and they will likely tear sooner than later...
Old 11-18-16, 04:40 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Gronemus
When I first test drove the car I didn't turn on the radio because I wanted to hear what the car was saying to me, as it turns out, not much. When I got back from the test ride I did turn on the radio and that's when I noticed the bad speaker in the front drivers door. The subwoofer defect wasn't apparent until some real bass heavy songs popped up. Then it sounded like the car was falling apart.

I've got both speakers repaired now and I think the car sounds very good right now when playing CD's. AM performance kind of blows and I haven't listened to enough FM yet to form an opinion. IMHO, I think the sound quality of my 2004 Acura TL was much better than what I'm hearing out of this car. Playing the demo DVD audio disk that Acura gave you for the first time was truly mind blowing.

I'll probably pull the remaining speakers from the other doors and replace the foam in those even if they haven't separated yet. The process isn't that difficult and they will likely tear sooner than later...
Next time, bring a Dire Straits CD and crank "Money for Nothing." Turn it up to the loudest volume where there is still no discernible distortion. that will give the Mark Levinson a proper workout (in reality I did not try the stereo, rear sunshade, nor the a/c on my test drive--luckily only the sunshade was not functioning properly)!

Quick Reply: What did you do to your LS430 today?