LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Phantom Garage (Chino, CA) - Buyers Beware!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-14 | 12:30 PM
nDrew
Pole Position

Default Phantom Garage (Chino, CA) - Buyers Beware!

Good afternoon everyone,
Just thought I'd share my recent experience with a shop out in Chino California. I would have put this in the vendor review forum however they are not a sponsor to my knowledge. Admins if you feel this should be in a different section please do as you will. I just want to share my experience with you in the event this is a company you've heard of and are considering doing business with them now or in the future.

I just want to start off by saying I am a very easy going "Buyer." I am in the service industry and have had multiple customer service driven jobs in the past so I think I can fairly say I understand customer service. Now onto the story...

I was referred to Phantom Garage from a friend here on the forums. I started speaking with Chris or PhantomCEO on IG about purchasing the Version Select Kit on April 25. We agreed upon a price and during this time he was very responsive. As soon as I was ready he sent over the invoice for my order on April 27. My girlfriend paid on the morning of the 28th and we were told that the lipkits are ordered through Version Select and they are dropped shipping. He told me they had them in stock and that he would send me confirmation once they had shipped.

April 29 I went ahead and sent a message to find out if Version Select had received the order. He stated I would have an update at noon PST on the 30th.The next day I received a message stating that the order was being process and that I would have tracking on May 1st. May 2nd I texted for an updated and received no response. I texted again on May 5 looking for an answer and received the run around.

At this point I am frustrated and decided to call Version Select directly... come to find out Phantom Garage never even submitted an order and the kit was sold out and on backorder. The next shipment expected from Version Select was 4 months down the road. So for the week and half Phantom Garage had payment and didn't do anything to begin my order. Gave me all these excuses and at the end of the day didn't do their job. So Chris told me I can get a refund or wait for the 4 months. I decided I wanted the refund and would rather spend my money elsewhere. He told me he was going to send a refund that day and it wasn't until 48hours later that he sends me an email with a notice of refund. 2 WEEKS goes by and the money is still not back in the account. These guys were screwing around! Fortunately we opened a dispute with American Express and are expecting the funds back in the next week or so. By the way... it's a month later now waiting on $1800.

All I have to say is working with Phantom Garage is a JOKE and stay away from them. It's embarrassing they consider themselves a business and a retailer.

On a side note I've been working with Robert at MVP Motorsports and he's been great thus far. Let's hope I get this lipkit soon!

PS. Phantom Garage IS LAME AS F
Old 05-27-14 | 02:31 PM
ultm8mind
Instructor

Damn, I thought the Version Select was under $1,000, is that not the case? I also have had issues with the whole back order and run around with a manufacturer lately. Sucks man, hoping you get your stuff soon...
Old 05-27-14 | 05:20 PM
nDrew
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ultm8mind
Damn, I thought the Version Select was under $1,000, is that not the case? I also have had issues with the whole back order and run around with a manufacturer lately. Sucks man, hoping you get your stuff soon...
It was the price of 2 kits shipped. Thanks man, I'm sure it will be fine since we used an American Express. I just want to make sure no one gets trapped doing business with them and waste their time.
Old 06-02-14 | 08:59 AM
nDrew
Pole Position

To The Top