LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Memory seat not setting???

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-15, 06:16 PM
caverman
Instructor

Received 187 Likes on 117 Posts
Default Memory seat not setting???

I just recently got an '04 LS and I know shortly after I got the the car I was able to get the memory seat to set. Now I want to make an adjustment to the telescopic steering wheel setting and reset the memory but for the life of me I can't get it to set.

I've pulled out the owners manual and gone through it a bunch of times. To set it your supposed to get the settings the way you like and then push the "set" button and the number (in my case 1) at the same time for a few seconds. It's supposed to beep at your 3 times to let you know it's set.

When I press the "set" button and then at the same time push "1", I hear it beep once immediately and then nothing. I've done it a whole bunch of times and even counted out 10 seconds. Still nothing.

Anyone have any suggestions on what I can try to get the memory settings to work?
Old 04-26-15, 08:08 PM
xtr3me
Pit Crew

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Read this thread, it's a different model but has worked for others with different vehicles...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...d-working.html
Old 04-29-15, 06:47 AM
caverman
Instructor

Received 187 Likes on 117 Posts

First off I will say that according to the manual it says to hold the "Set" button and then the number button you want until you hear 3 beeps. That was never happening which is why I started this thread. After looking around at some YouTube videos is seems as though the manual could be wrong in that it will only beep once and not three times. Mine does that so I think that piece is working but I will test it out more this weekend.

However, I do have one other weirdness I looking for help with and it might require a new thread but I'll try hear first.

Currently my steering wheel telescoping works with the switch on the side of the steering column. The steering wheel also retracts to the lowest setting when ever I turn the car off. So, I set the steering wheel telescoped all the way out and then set my memory seat setting. Thing is that when I push the memory setting the telescope doesn't bring my steering wheel out like I set. It sounds like a motor or switch tries but it doesn't work. So, I would normally say that the telescope motor doesn't work but I'm able to get it to come out if I use the switch on the steering column. It also goes into the retract position every time the car is turned off as well. This leads me to believe that the motor is okay but something else isn't working.

Anyone have any ideas on what I can look at or test?

As a side note, my tilt does not work at the moment so I'm going to replace the tilt motor in the next couple weeks. I don't think that has anything to do with it though.