LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

The Michelin Tire Review Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-15 | 05:59 PM
Brewmyown
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jpv7774
Hey Brew......phew....I didnt realize u had a post for me too when I sent the last one....looks like I didnt ruffle your feathers. Hell no it doesnt have to be serious. I love talkin a little trash or what have u....but in my tire thread I really did get pissed. My wife thought I was an idiot for getting all wound up. For me it was these wild curve ***** coming at me with nothing to back them up...and a lot of irrational statements coming from grown men......yes it was kind of fun going to battle with Bob.....I hope u guys enjoyed it....but in the end I learned these same people I am arguing with in a tire thread are really cool in a stereo or spark plug thread. So I am still very interested in learning more about tires. I still dont have enough miles on my tire to stand behind it like the MXV4 guys. Ha I am not sure my goal is to find negative info about the P7s......I think my goal has shifed over the last year or so......but it has always been to find the best tire for our car....period. Then it became ...i would love some reassurance on the tire that I bought........and now it is...I wonder how these tires do in the long run.

But for me.....I am gunna do my darnedest to stay out of tire thread battles......even though your sentence was f'd up......whoa!!!!!!!! kidding.....just kidding. What do u mean not worth the money!!!! Stop being so cheap.....that wasnt me Brew,,,,,,,I didnt say that......whats 75 bucks over 5 years anyway? Help me!!!!!! I cant stop myselfffffffffffffff.....nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Don't get me started. I'm not sure I have enough refreshments left to go too many rounds.
Old 11-25-15 | 06:05 PM
jpv7774
Lexus Test Driver

Ha......good. Thanks for letting me off easy.

Thats all for tonight folks!

Enjoy the holiday..
Old 11-25-15 | 06:19 PM
Brewmyown
Pole Position

SW, if you're trying to get me to extend our battle, I'm going to have to put a fork in it. On to the next thread. I may head over to the mechanical section. I like the troubleshooting and problem solving area. I'm very experienced with motors and mechanisms and pretty much repairing almost anything on a car. Theres nothing I won't try to tackle on a car except for maybe cracking open a transmission. That's something I haven't delved into in my many years. The good thing about helping someone fix something is that there aren't to many opinions as to if someone's idea worked or not. If the problem gets solve, I guess the provided information to fix it was really true......
Old 11-25-15 | 06:21 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Lets just all have some turkey and move on
Old 11-25-15 | 06:36 PM
Brewmyown
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SW15LS
Lets just all have some turkey and move on
That's the best post I've ever read from you Happy Turkey Day to all.....
Old 11-25-15 | 08:31 PM
warminwisc
Lexus Champion

"I ask you to not talk about tires you don't have experience with" SW really? Real world experience with the Michelin A/s 3? What is a real world experience? Don't have to answer!

HAppy t day
Old 11-25-15 | 08:35 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

I explained why I wouldn't purchase them for the LS, I didn't just say "they're not worth it" with no backstory. Had he just said that he was happy with the tires he has, so for him they're not worth the cost I wouldn't have said anything. My issue was with him saying "they're not worth the money" as a general statement, not a statement pertaining to him.

If somebody out there wants to buy the AS/3, all the power to them. I just don't feel that sort of tire is well suited to the LS so I would not purchase them.
Old 12-08-15 | 08:36 PM
warminwisc
Lexus Champion

Default Back from the Dead

Lexus must of thought otherwise wouldn't you agree SW's. They put "that sort of tire" W rated summer Ultra high performance tires on the Sport Suspension models 220 dollar option. Others have put Sport sway bars on for better handling.
Old 12-08-15 | 08:52 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by warminwisc
Lexus must of thought otherwise wouldn't you agree SW's. They put "that sort of tire" W rated summer Ultra high performance tires on the Sport Suspension models 220 dollar option. Others have put Sport sway bars on for better handling.
Doesn't surprise me at all. What other sort of tire would you put on a sport suspension car?

I would never buy one with the sport suspension either. I'd buy a car that actually could be sporty. The sport suspension on the LS just lessens ride quality without really providing any better handling. Feel the same way about the new 460 F Sports. If you want a sporty flagship car, buy a 7 or an A8.
Old 12-08-15 | 10:07 PM
bmore430
Lead Lap

Just had Michelin premier a/s installed on my car 2 days ago. Replaced the Dunlop sp5000 that I barely got 20k miles out of. After reading all the reviews this seemed like the best choice. I have 245 45 18s. Interested to see how they handle light snow and heavy rain. So far in the dry weather they are smooth and quiet.
Old 12-09-15 | 04:41 AM
tradosauru
Advanced

If you go to tirerack.com you can read reviews for your particular car.
Old 12-09-15 | 06:09 AM
bmore430
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tradosauru
If you go to tirerack.com you can read reviews for your particular car.
Yes tire rack is the place where I started my search and pricing. Unfortunately not many ls430 reviews on there or ones in the northeast that encounter snow.
Old 12-09-15 | 08:42 AM
jpv7774
Lexus Test Driver

congrats on your new tires bmore.....looks like you are on the M team...nothing wrong with that! Please keep us up to date with your reviews...there are still several people still on the fence looking for tires.
I think LAV will be joining you soon with the Premiers....
Old 12-09-15 | 11:09 AM
SRMLS
Rookie

06 430 with 20k on a set of Premiers-Absolutely fantastic, quiet tires. Will surely purchase again!
Old 12-09-15 | 11:21 AM
Lavrishevo
Lexus Fanatic

Nice to hear the good reviews.

Quick Reply: The Michelin Tire Review Thread