LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Adjusting LS430 projectors

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-16, 08:36 PM
edwinbong
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adjusting LS430 projectors

I'm trying to adjust my projectors, but both ways I turn seem to lock out. Also the AFS seems to not be working. It's loose going side to side, but tight on up and down. The projector is aimed low on the ground with a huge hot spot and no width, since it's all on the ground. Passenger side does not auto level, so AFS definitely seems to be broken. Driver side adjusts. Also passenger side looks like it bounces when in motion, which goes back to being loose. I can deal with it being loose, but not with it aimed down. Any tips? Thanks!
Old 03-21-16, 11:15 PM
KING
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Ok, so here is what seems to be the problem, your projector must be turned down too much. Try raising it by turning the screw that controls the very top edge of the projector clockwise, it will turn the projector up.

You will need a perfect size phillips screw driver to get that **** to start adjusting. That little tiny piece of the adjusting **** that is showing, is very hard to make direct contact with, thus not turning the projector.
And remember to mark and remember how much you turned so that it doesn't differ from the other side.

*OR, the other thing is, there is a plastic small square piece that is located on the top edge of the low-beam projector. If you end up adjusting your projector up and down too much, that little plastic piece will get stripped. No threads. The adjusting screws are very sharp, so you have to adjust very gently when doing so to avoid stripping this piece.

I know this by first hand experience. I had the same issue on my passengers side. I ended up taking my headlights apart and replacing that piece which I got from TRS.com, they had it handy since the LS430 projector is a legend in the headlight retrofit community. I am an expert in taking apart LS430 headlights now, I've taken more than 6 headlights apart till now..

Anyways, since this screw was loose and not holding the projector up right, it interfered with the AFS system, not allowing the motor to work correctly since projector isn't seated perfectly in place.

What you can do is, take a real close picture of both headlights and compare both projector's heights and report back.
Old 03-22-16, 09:32 AM
sushiboiii
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...eup-w-pix.html