LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

What did you mod or buy for your LS today

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-16, 08:38 AM
KO21
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I will be applying some black wrap to connect the upper and lower dark areas of the grill of my 2001 CL. The bottom heavy hourglass shape of the newer Lexus grills inspired this and I want to keep my car with the signature Lexus look. I am going to experiment with different angles and shapes until it looks just right. The rear panel above the exhaust tips will also be blacked out and maybe move the license plate to the side. The whole thing is a $10 mod with an easy undo.
Old 07-27-16, 08:47 AM
KO21
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I had some pix that I thought were attached, will try again later.
Attached Thumbnails What did you mod or buy for your LS today-shared__657395209_3.jpg   What did you mod or buy for your LS today-shared__640600453_1.jpg   What did you mod or buy for your LS today-shared__645028576_8.jpg   What did you mod or buy for your LS today-sketch-1459807741809-1.png  
Old 07-27-16, 09:18 PM
doanvien
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have installed the Yatour YTM-06 to my beloved LS430 for music playing from SDCard, Aux and USD in parallel with the original CD changer:

Here is the clip of result:

Old 07-30-16, 09:39 AM
snoop562
Pole Position

Got a good deal on these, weak offsets but with the fat tires don't look too sunken in.
Attached Thumbnails What did you mod or buy for your LS today-image-875886888.jpg   What did you mod or buy for your LS today-image-1298159295.jpg  
Old 07-30-16, 06:20 PM
OsideTurbo
Rookie

Originally Posted by doanvien
I have installed the Yatour YTM-06 to my beloved LS430 for music playing from SDCard, Aux and USD in parallel with the original CD changer:

Here is the clip of result:

Yatour ytm06-toy on Lexus LS430 - YouTube
That Yatour is awesome (and cheap!). May be exactly what I've been looking for.

I was considering buying the Vais Tech SL3B-L SoundLinQ3 - but those are $230, compared to the $75 Yatour M07.

They seem to perform pretty much the same functions except that VaisTech allows bluetooth streaming of music whereas Yatour requires a connection . . .

Is there anything else I'm missing between the two?

Bluetooth in cars is a hassle, I might forgo that feature for the cheaper Yatour.

Nice find!
Old 07-31-16, 11:51 AM
e60bmw
Instructor

Received 114 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by OsideTurbo
That Yatour is awesome (and cheap!). May be exactly what I've been looking for.

I was considering buying the Vais Tech SL3B-L SoundLinQ3 - but those are $230, compared to the $75 Yatour M07.

They seem to perform pretty much the same functions except that VaisTech allows bluetooth streaming of music whereas Yatour requires a connection . . .

Is there anything else I'm missing between the two?

Bluetooth in cars is a hassle, I might forgo that feature for the cheaper Yatour.

Nice find!
I've been looking for one as well. I was thinking if this thing works I could hook up the aux into a another adapter thats sold that allows airplay for the iphone like this.

https://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-Recei...irplay+for+car
I've been using the casette tape adapter since I've owned the car and its really annoying to have that cable.
Old 07-31-16, 12:17 PM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I use a bluetooth cassette which I thought was cool but it sucks... plays audio fine but what Sucks is that there isn't an indicator on the remaining charge. Several times I was in the middle of a song and womp womp womp done on the charge.
Old 07-31-16, 12:50 PM
OsideTurbo
Rookie

Originally Posted by MikeFoxx
I use a bluetooth cassette which I thought was cool but it sucks... plays audio fine but what Sucks is that there isn't an indicator on the remaining charge. Several times I was in the middle of a song and womp womp womp done on the charge.

Yeah . . . they are also a pain to connect and if you are running errands, you need to do it everytime you get out of your car. Plus, I'm already using my phone for calls and navigation and trying to stream music via bluetooth on top of all that is just too much for a phone to handle. I'd rather just use a thumbdrive or old ipod that I keep in the console or glove box. I'm really leaning toward the Yatour now. I'll look around for a few more days and if nothing better comes up, I'll probably pull the trigger on the Yatour.

@doanvien: Did you buy it online? Any tips?
Old 07-31-16, 07:36 PM
doanvien
Driver School Candidate

Yeah . . . they are also a pain to connect and if you are running errands, you need to do it everytime you get out of your car. Plus, I'm already using my phone for calls and navigation and trying to stream music via bluetooth on top of all that is just too much for a phone to handle. I'd rather just use a thumbdrive or old ipod that I keep in the console or glove box. I'm really leaning toward the Yatour now. I'll look around for a few more days and if nothing better comes up, I'll probably pull the trigger on the Yatour.

@doanvien: Did you buy it online? Any tips?
My suggestion is you just use the Yatour for SD or USB only. This Yatour has a AUX input but you can not use the steering wheel audio control or other button on the head unit for AUX. But it is enable for playing music from USB or SD Card ---> this is really safe for you 'cause u can next/back/skip "disc" when you driving.
The sound quality is around 9 to 9.5 pt compare to the original CD Changer (with my ear and also depend on the bit rate/quality of the music file. Yatour suggest the highest bit rate up to 320kbps).
I have no idea about the Yatour bluetooth part (I dont think you can use the steering wheel audio control for bluetooth), and also I dont want my call shout out in the car especially some private call or un-invited call If I got call when driving, I use the phone speaker -> so i dont need to hold the phone and it is pretty safe.

Beside Yatour, there are also GROM or VAIS Tech. But Yatour is affordable, easy to install with the good quality.

I bought the Yatour from taobao website via a shipper. Total expense was $80, including shipping fee.
There are several in Amazon or Ebay I guess but the price will be a bit higher (no idea about that).

Please notice that, if you install the Yatour to the original head unit, you need to buy a bridge cable.
Please refer the website of Yatour here: http://www.ycarlink.com/pd_10517_Dig...exus-Scion.htm

One more thing is the original CD Changer got only 6 discs, so the Yatour might hold up to 6 discs as well. Even in the USB or SD card, you can create 10 discs, but it might work to the 6th CD only. I dont know if I disconnect the Yatour with the original CD -> will it work to more than 6 discs? Cause I use the Yatour and original head unit in parallel.

Last edited by doanvien; 07-31-16 at 07:40 PM.
Old 08-01-16, 02:38 AM
OsideTurbo
Rookie

Please notice that, if you install the Yatour to the original head unit, you need to buy a bridge cable.
Please refer the website of Yatour here: http://www.ycarlink.com/pd_10517_Dig...exus-Scion.htm
Thanks for all the tips!! I actually bought the Yatour on amazon today ($72.66!), so I'm waiting for it to be shipped. I saw the recommendation for the cable, but I did not buy one. It is my understanding that the cable is a splitter that allows you to continue to use the CD Player after hooking up the Yatour - otherwise, the Yatour would take the plug from the cd-player. My cd-player is broken and I intend the Yatour to replace it, so I don't think I need one of the cables since I won't be using my cd-player. Please let me know if I got that wrong . . .
Old 08-01-16, 08:20 PM
doanvien
Driver School Candidate

My cd-player is broken and I intend the Yatour to replace it, so I don't think I need one of the cables since I won't be using my cd-player. Please let me know if I got that wrong . . .
I havent tried to hook the yatour directly to the headunit since my cd changer is still working pretty well. So sorry I have no idea if u can connect the yatour to headunit.

I remember on the back of the cd changer is 20 pin male port, so i connect the brigde cable into that port and other jack to the yatour.

Back of the cd changer

The brigde cable

Original jack

Old 08-02-16, 12:23 AM
OsideTurbo
Rookie

I havent tried to hook the yatour directly to the headunit since my cd changer is still working pretty well. So sorry I have no idea if u can connect the yatour to headunit

I remember on the back of the cd changer is 20 pin male port, so i connect the brigde cable into that port and other jack to the yatour.

Back of the cd changer

Oh, it looks like the Yatour may take a different size plug, which means it is more than just a splitter. I'll probably need that adapter cable. Thanks for showing me that! Huge help . . .
Old 08-02-16, 12:55 AM
doanvien
Driver School Candidate

Oh, it looks like the Yatour may take a different size plug, which means it is more than just a splitter. I'll probably need that adapter cable. Thanks for showing me that! Huge help . . .
You're welcome.
Just one more thing: try to arrange all the wires tidy. In the first time, i didnt make it tidy and it functioned not so well (lagged sometime). The space on the back of cd changer is narrow, so try your best.
I have opened everything up again and wiring it, thus it works well!
Old 08-03-16, 01:54 PM
OsideTurbo
Rookie

You're welcome.
Just one more thing: try to arrange all the wires tidy. In the first time, i didnt make it tidy and it functioned not so well (lagged sometime). The space on the back of cd changer is narrow, so try your best.
I have opened everything up again and wiring it, thus it works well!
The Yatour arrived today. I am still waiting on the adapter cable, but I tried installing it today in the event I didn't need the cable. It did not work (because I probably need the cable), but I still have some questions for you about installation now that I've seen the set-up.

My stereo headunit has 2 wiring plugs going in to it (I don't have the 3rd very small one that is in your pictures). The smaller of the two plugs fits into the Yatour, so when I tried it today, I only unplugged the smaller of the two plugs and then plugged the Yatour into the smaller plug hole in the headunit. I left the larger plug plugged in the headunit. The system did not work this way.

So, when I get the Y adapter cable, where do the 3 plugs on the adapter cable go? Do I need to use the larger plug on the headunit as well?

On the group of wires that the two plugs going into the headunit come out of, there is also has a third plug that goes up into the underside of the Nav screen. This plug appears to be about the same size as the Yatour plug, but it looks like it would be very difficult to access. Is this plug used in the Yatour installation?

Thanks!!
Old 08-03-16, 07:55 PM
doanvien
Driver School Candidate

The Yatour arrived today. I am still waiting on the adapter cable, but I tried installing it today in the event I didn't need the cable. It did not work (because I probably need the cable), but I still have some questions for you about installation now that I've seen the set-up.

My stereo headunit has 2 wiring plugs going in to it (I don't have the 3rd very small one that is in your pictures). The smaller of the two plugs fits into the Yatour, so when I tried it today, I only unplugged the smaller of the two plugs and then plugged the Yatour into the smaller plug hole in the headunit. I left the larger plug plugged in the headunit. The system did not work this way.

So, when I get the Y adapter cable, where do the 3 plugs on the adapter cable go? Do I need to use the larger plug on the headunit as well?

On the group of wires that the two plugs going into the headunit come out of, there is also has a third plug that goes up into the underside of the Nav screen. This plug appears to be about the same size as the Yatour plug, but it looks like it would be very difficult to access. Is this plug used in the Yatour installation?

Thanks!!
Hi there,

Do you have any picture of the back of CD Changer, what type of it (can find the Pxxxx on the tape entrance) and can you show us the original wiring of your CD Changer?
The Y cable will be connected as I drew in the picture below.
My small wire is going to the screen (cause when I put all thing of Y cable -> the power of CD changer is on but no info to the screen until i connect that small jack).

Quick Reply: What did you mod or buy for your LS today