LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Loss of ls430 threads

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-16, 04:47 PM
Bocatrip
Lead Lap

Received 274 Likes on 231 Posts
Default Loss of ls430 threads

I have been on this forum since 2006. There had been quite a bit of LS430 action and it continued. Recently, I've noticed that there is a big difference in activity with new threads. Are our great cars losing interest on this forum? I guess the newer cars are gaining more interest as well as the LS430 losing interest. As owners are trading them in and ownership has traded hands from 2 to 3 to 4 or more owners....interest to this forum has diminished. Sorry to see it, but hope this great car 's enthusiasm revives soon.. No Lexus has had this great a reputation!

Last edited by Bocatrip; 09-28-16 at 05:01 PM.
Old 09-28-16, 06:11 PM
warminwisc
Lexus Champion

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

I drove 15 cars for drive for the cure. My LS is still right there. If ya need blind side this or lane change that and don't appreciate a RWD V8 get some thing else yur not looking for a drivers car. I have been to drive for the cure for 5 years driven 15 cars a year will keep my LS thank you. But yes they are getting into the salvage yards getting miles on em so unknowledgeable folks worry about repairs and good i may want another one. If you are right Boca think of the loss of interest if we where still paying 100 bucks a gallon for oil!!! They are good value right now even with a hundred K miles but think how cheap they would be.
Old 09-28-16, 06:12 PM
warminwisc
Lexus Champion

100 bucks a barrel sorry
Old 09-28-16, 06:53 PM
2KHarrier

Received 242 Likes on 200 Posts

Same thing is happening with the first Gen RX forum. Time marches on...
Old 09-28-16, 08:22 PM
warminwisc
Lexus Champion

Default Tdi

Could be worse ya could be in VW Treg TDI forum and talking alot about giving yur SUV's back. Ya prolly gotta give em back ya can't title em again and/or the elusive "fix" kills yur MPG's and performance and problems there is with retrofitted emissions.
Old 09-28-16, 08:35 PM
LS430FL
Instructor

Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts

no news is good news? haha I think these cars are just so great/ problem free you don't get as much action in here.
Old 09-28-16, 08:36 PM
Jabberwock

Received 205 Likes on 168 Posts

You want to see a dead forum? Our other car is a Gen 1 Toyota highlander . They are so reliable and so totally boring that the Gen1 HL forum is dead as a door nail.

btw - I am having the TB and WP service done at my local Lexus dealer this week. The service manager there was telling me how bullet proof the LS430s are and how they rebuild LS460 front suspensions every 45-50k miles - suspension rebuild cost is $4500.
Old 09-28-16, 09:05 PM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Probably one of the best threads

I absolutely love mine. Haven't posted any mods lately been busy with other stuff... I think that's prob the case for most of us. But I still check in to see where we're at. Hasn't been a single day that my stock 06 doesn't turn a couple heads.
Old 09-29-16, 06:07 AM
Lavrishevo
Lexus Fanatic

Received 310 Likes on 229 Posts

Hey guys, I have also not been around much since selling my 430. She really was and most likely still is a wonderful car. I would like to get back into a Lexus in the next few years. I was pretty critical of the 460 and 07 - 12 have plenty of issues but unless something else catches my interest a 2013+ 460 with the executive package is what I am leaning towards. After owning the UL I really did like these features even if I was not the one usually enjoying them. Until then my Outback 3.6 has been a great vehicle.

Last edited by Lavrishevo; 09-29-16 at 06:11 AM.
Old 09-29-16, 04:42 PM
Dockof-bay
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Still here..lol I come on the forum to read whats going on, but i have had zero problems with my LS so nothing to complain about.
Old 09-29-16, 09:47 PM
airchomper
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

There's not a lot to talk about.

The common problems are well documented:
  • Sometimes the door lock actuators fail
  • The woofers suck more as time goes on
  • There isn't a cheap way to fix the amp
And we all still love our cars, especially when we compare it to other cars. And then we all talk about how hard it's going to be to replace this car. And then compare it to the LS400 and LS460 for good measure. I get in new Mercedes with more rattles and wind noise.

The other day I got curious about a Prius and went to the dealer to check one out. I asked the dealer what they'd value my trade at - a 105k mile 2001 with a blown sub but complete maintenance history. $2,500, I'm sure I could have haggled with them but I was so insulted by the offer I just shook the man's hand, thanked him for his time, and left.

Can you imagine how much less it would suck to be poor in America if you could get a 105k mile LS430 in excellent mechanical shape for $2,500? We'd stop hearing those heartbreak stories, "yeah I finally got enough hours at the factory to get some health insurance but then my Ford threw and axle and ate its transmission". Or when we heard those stories we could feel better about blaming the person for their problems. "Why the heck did you buy a 2009 Focus for $4k when you could have bought an LS and saved $1500?"

I was talking with a friend the other day and he said the 1990 LS400 was the first modern car. If you found an LS400 in good condition, it wouldn't feel a quarter century old to drive around. It'd just be packaged kinda funny with kinda weird human interfaces and it would seem pretty thirsty for the performance. Our LS430s are just LS400s with a decade of lessons and new technology baked into them.
Old 09-29-16, 10:04 PM
OsideTurbo
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bocatrip
I have been on this forum since 2006. There had been quite a bit of LS430 action and it continued. Recently, I've noticed that there is a big difference in activity with new threads. Are our great cars losing interest on this forum? I guess the newer cars are gaining more interest as well as the LS430 losing interest. As owners are trading them in and ownership has traded hands from 2 to 3 to 4 or more owners....interest to this forum has diminished. Sorry to see it, but hope this great car 's enthusiasm revives soon.. No Lexus has had this great a reputation!
Has anyone verified this? I'm sure there is a way to run website analysis to compare traffic over time by sub-forum. It would be interesting to compare traffic statistics. I looked around a bit, but couldn't find a way to view stats . . . maybe it is accessible only by admin?
Old 09-30-16, 11:18 AM
jayclapp
Lexus Champion

Received 105 Likes on 85 Posts

The loss of interest in this forum is because the current owners are very different than the original owners. They were luxury car buyers and reveled in it and all the features it contained. They were quick to fix anything wrong and maintained their vehicle with vigilance. When they bought their cars, they were not 10 to 15 year old with milage in excess of 100K. They took a lot of pride in their cars.

It is my impression that the current owners are of a different breed. They aren't really luxury car buyers, but are quick to see a good car at a non-luxury price. They don't seem to be willing to read the owners manual to find out about all the features. Maybe it's the cell phone culture, but they just want in instant answer to whatever question they have. They are quick to give opinions, whether of value or not.

I am not trying to disparage or look down upon anyone who participates in this form. It has been of great value to me in the past, I have just grown tired of the current as it has become less interesting to me.
Old 09-30-16, 03:10 PM
Bocatrip
Lead Lap

Received 274 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by jayclapp
The loss of interest in this forum is because the current owners are very different than the original owners. They were luxury car buyers and reveled in it and all the features it contained. They were quick to fix anything wrong and maintained their vehicle with vigilance. When they bought their cars, they were not 10 to 15 year old with milage in excess of 100K. They took a lot of pride in their cars.

It is my impression that the current owners are of a different breed. They aren't really luxury car buyers, but are quick to see a good car at a non-luxury price. They don't seem to be willing to read the owners manual to find out about all the features. Maybe it's the cell phone culture, but they just want in instant answer to whatever question they have. They are quick to give opinions, whether of value or not.

I am not trying to disparage or look down upon anyone who participates in this form. It has been of great value to me in the past, I have just grown tired of the current as it has become less interesting to me.
Very well said my friend.
Old 09-30-16, 04:40 PM
Jks24
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The problem is no one on this forum or in general want to modify there ls. I tried numerous times to get stuff rolling but no one cares i have had a bunch of pm's asking question or asking for help but they won't say anything on the forum do to the naysayers and the "lexus made it best from the factory people". The only modification they want to do is lip kit, rims, springs/coilovers, window tint.....or some stupid curtains and tray tables lol

Quick Reply: Loss of ls430 threads