LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Chassis bars

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-16, 03:43 AM
Jks24
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chassis bars

So it's no secret that the ls430 has some serious body roll issues only downside of the car in my opinion, so I decided to fix the problem I bought every item in the ultra racing catalog ($1500 later), I am also having a custom rear strut bar made as well. I am very curious as to how the car will handle in junction with bc coilovers. Soon as I get the bars and install them I will let everyone know I am curious has anyone else tried this on there ls before?
Old 10-13-16, 10:42 AM
bmore430
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Subscribing. I was checking out their stuff. Did you order directly from them or thru ebay? I was looking at the strut tower brace. Post some pics when you get done
Old 10-13-16, 12:45 PM
Jks24
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bmore430
Subscribing. I was checking out their stuff. Did you order directly from them or thru ebay? I was looking at the strut tower brace. Post some pics when you get done
I ordered through a company called ultra racing there based in California the owner Jason is a ****en douche bag and would avoid ordering from them no tracking nothing, i would just order from the real ultra racing ebay or i heard max audio.com is a good place to order from. I also am winterizing the ls and storing it for the winter so it may be a while before i pics but i am also gonna see about making a ladder brace for the ls430 all depends.

I am gonna get the all the braces powdercoated gold, i am looking into getting my lexani's painted like a chrome gold idk yet i am trying to figure out what exactly i wanna do to the car.......sorry for the tangent.
Old 10-14-16, 10:20 AM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 470 Likes on 362 Posts

What is your intended goal for the car? The uni body design of the LS is quite rigid to begin with. The bracing will bring some though probably not obvious changes. Areas to look at would be bushings and implementing firmer suspenion/dampening properties with a reduced center of gravity-lower. A good tire-wheel combo. Not aware of any sway bars but that would be another. The 430 is a barge and handling can be improved though it won't be a sporty car.
Old 10-14-16, 01:03 PM
Jks24
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RA40
What is your intended goal for the car? The uni body design of the LS is quite rigid to begin with. The bracing will bring some though probably not obvious changes. Areas to look at would be bushings and implementing firmer suspenion/dampening properties with a reduced center of gravity-lower. A good tire-wheel combo. Not aware of any sway bars but that would be another. The 430 is a barge and handling can be improved though it won't be a sporty car.
I am making the car my "sporty car" and on the way I have a 28mm front sway bar with poly bushings, 19mm rear sway bar with poly bushings, front strut bar, custom made rear strut bar, and a slew of under body braces. The car also has bc coilovers. I called ohlins and custom coilovers are $7000-$10,000 which I will get in the future, I was looking into getting a carbon fiber driveshaft made as well.

I also heard that uni body's are ****ty and not stiff at all there a "twist-o-flex" chassis, just from what I have been told, also the body roll on the LS can be eliminated in its entirety but you will be sacrificing the buttery smooth ride quality for better handling yah get what I am saying I have spent wayyyyy to much time reading up on suspension and weight tranfer etc.

The chassis itself can be stiff as a board but your suspension cannot be to stiff or you will be sacrificing grip due to less of a contact patch under cornering.

Last edited by Jks24; 10-14-16 at 01:09 PM.
Old 10-17-16, 10:24 AM
2KHarrier

Received 242 Likes on 200 Posts

Interesting... Subscribed.
Old 10-19-16, 08:04 AM
jackies
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's all a trade off - the super smooth cushy ride results in the body roll.
I also keep messing with my suspension and wheels, I guess trying to find the right balance between stiffness and comfort.
Stiff coilovers and thin tires do reduce the body roll quite a bit, and then you feel every little crack in the asphalt and going over a half inch bump feels like you going over a speedbump.
So it's all about preferences.
Old 11-05-16, 09:22 AM
bmore430
Lead Lap

Guys, As some other members have pointed out JKS24's posts should be taken with a grain of salt and disregarded. This is most likely someone who does not even own an LS much less one with an LS1/ T56 swap with thousands of dollars in upgrades. He has been asked to post pictures of his car, new parts etc and hasnt done so in any way shape or form. In this day and age it takes literally seconds to post a picture on here with a cell phone. A few of us would love to be proved wrong but until then it is likely a troll wasting everyones time.
Old 11-18-16, 04:16 AM
takimanpgt
Pit Crew

Any chance you have those pics handy now?